US Airways Express Carrier Being Acquired

Non Rev

Senior
Dec 20, 2002
Story Link

$20 million dollar for a company that had $137 Million in revenues last year and 50 airplanes. Looks like a pretty good deal for Pinnacle.

Colgan used to have a lot of the northeast EAS services until they recently came up for renewal (thinking of places like BFD, MGW, PKB and Clarksburg/Fairmont that they lost/didn't go after again). I wonder how Pinnacle will feel about doing EAS?

Colgan used to have a lot of the northeast EAS services until they recently came up for renewal (thinking of places like BFD, MGW, PKB and Clarksburg/Fairmont that they lost/didn't go after again). I wonder how Pinnacle will feel about doing EAS?
Colgan didn't have MGW or CKB (and I'm pretty sure not PKB) - they were all ran by Air Midwest.

CKB fought hard to get a different carrier, becuase we chose to only run CKB - PIT flights. Now, Continental is running Saabs from CKB - CLE, but I guess they've been having some serious service/schedule problems.

I read a while back that Pinnacle wants another certificate so that they can "expand their horizons" and fly bigger planes for other carriers beyond what they have with NW. That was a few months ago though and I wondered when I read that article if this has something to do with that? Kind of what CHQ/Republic Airways did when they bought Shuttle America for their certificate so that they could fly planes larger than 50 seats for UAL.

Funny...the company I work for now...one of our customers is Colgan. Two of our guys came back from the customer site and told us Colgan was aquired by Pinnacle Thursday evening. Not sure if our business will expand to the Pinnacle side or will be dropped entirely. Colgan paid good money for our software and setup so it may be hard to walk away from.