Us Airways Flight Attendants Demand Detailed Busin

usfliboi said:
You still dont get it do you? All the half facts you state! This isnt about Dave!!!!!!!!!!!! Wheres your facts about the industry . Wheres you facts about the economy ! Wheres your facts about who really got the company where it is today ? Wheres your facts about US pay scale and work rules for the past 10 to 15 years and that might be a reason why we are where we are? Where are your facts about why "unions" played a big role in where this company is today ? Where are your facts about anything that has to do with DAVE not being the sole problem. Dave has a job and thats to do what he has to do and has a fudicairy responsiblity to the board and shareholders . If you think for one moment that any AND I DO MEAN ANY..... other ceo/ ppres wouldnt come in here and cut even further your in for an unpleasant surprise my friend.
I posted the facts, something you have no idea about.

Lets see the mechanic and related went from 1995 till 1999, it was over a 4 year period without raises and retropay since the company would not settle on a contract with us. Previous contract the IAM gave up 50% of the line mechanic jobs and agreed to concessions.

So please tell me what work rules and pay brought this company down since we had no raises for over 4 years and gave concessions in the 1992 contract which was a three year period with no pay increases and no retropay, so we have been giving back concessions to this company since 1992, a period of 12 years.

So that is the facts Jack, lets see you refute those facts!

700UW said:
Just a causal observation 700UW. Expend some of that time and energy you put into your posts with the researching and writing into your next big move in life. Look at what’s coming next because this book in many of your lives is coming to an end soon.

It may be fun venting on this forum but that time is precious time that could be used building a foundation into the future.

You said you are next in line in one of your posts; Bronner will make sure your self-proclaimed prophecy comes true.

He holds the cards to many of your lives, don’t let him steal your precious time cursing him, how much are you willing to give this man who plays with your lives like little children do with toys they throw away when done with them?

Reading the many posts shows intelligence, use it towards what really matters, your own personal futures. There is no return to be found here except for the massaging of egos. Management doesn’t read these boards to determine what’s best for the posters futures.

The employees are disjointed, a people in a quandary, people easy to manipulate. Don’t make it easy for them, guard yourselves now for what the future holds.

usfliboi said:
You still dont get it do you? All the half facts you state! This isnt about Dave!!!!!!!!!!!! Wheres your facts about the industry . Wheres you facts about the economy ! Wheres your facts about who really got the company where it is today ? Wheres your facts about US pay scale and work rules for the past 10 to 15 years and that might be a reason why we are where we are? Where are your facts about why "unions" played a big role in where this company is today ? Where are your facts about anything that has to do with DAVE not being the sole problem. Dave has a job and thats to do what he has to do and has a fudicairy responsiblity to the board and shareholders . If you think for one moment that any AND I DO MEAN ANY..... other ceo/ ppres wouldnt come in here and cut even further your in for an unpleasant surprise my friend.
In fact i will not "debate" you on any issue again because it is obvious to me and MANY others your def not going to be rational about anything....
i see you don't stick to what you say either. :lol: <_< ;) :lol:

Tim,

You are absolutely correct. We will all in time have to evaluate whether we want to continue being employed here and working under this type of management.

I do believe many are preparing.

The employees of this company have given back 20,000 jobs and over $1.1 billion in concessions, the pilots lost their pension and we are paying more benefits have less vacation, sick time and holidays.

We gave them the tools, the vendors and lessors have given over $1 billion.

I am preparing my next move for my career, but this madness has to end.

TWA, Pan Am and others have learned the lesson the hard way, I guess Dave, Dave and Jerry are not fans of history.

700UW said:
TWA, Pan Am and others have learned the lesson the hard way, I guess Dave, Dave and Jerry are not fans of history.
They are writing history at your expense, which will cost you plenty, and then they will cash in on it and become very wealthy.

700UW said:

Lets see the mechanic and related went from 1995 till 1999, it was over a 4 year period without raises and retropay since the company would not settle on a contract with us. Previous contract the IAM gave up 50% of the line mechanic jobs and agreed to concessions.

So please tell me what work rules and pay brought this company down since we had no raises for over 4 years and gave concessions in the 1992 contract which was a three year period with no pay increases and no retropay, so we have been giving back concessions to this company since 1992, a period of 12 years.

So that is the facts Jack, lets see you refute those facts!
Your facts again are again true but part of the equation was left out. Since the merger in 1989 when Piedmont Employees were given the same pay rates and productivity rules, US had some if not the highest wages and lack productivity rules. Those are the facts as well, and those are the FACTS i was referring to. You keep saying this company has taken taken taken . Im not sure what you would have them do all be it stick heads in sand and hope the problems would go away. Past mnagement screw up (including not cutting employee cost as well as others) are the reason we are here today . YOU CANT ARGUE THAT! Am i excusing the bad calls of this management team? NO!!!!!!!!!!! But we are where we are and i for one am glad we have someone running this like a buisness. You and others may not think so but he is. Its a no brainer that labor doesnt want to give WHO DOES? However as a buisness major and an employee here since the piedmont days, I can tell you I FEEL he is on the right track . AS the industry changes so do we. DO i feel across the board they are trying to break the unions YES! Can you blame them? Can I blame the unions for being P O"d NOPE! But in the end a union is no good with out a company to hire employees. IS IT? Here in NC all y ou have to do is look at the massive job loss in the textile industry ESp where unions came in . THEY ALL WENT BELLY UP!!!! Im afraid our union is near extinct in todays world. I have always been proud to work for this company and Im dissappointed we are where we are and Im not happy about any of it Frankly have had mixed emotions over the past several years. As a Flight attendant Ive been on reserve for most of that time. The up and downs of this company since 1989 has be crazy. VERY VERY FEW great moments. Its time that changed and I FEEL the only way to do that is to once and for all fix this airline period.... It has and will hurt again but i FEEL most employees want to be proud again and want to work for a company called USAIRWAYS.

The only unionized textile in the area was Pillowtex, who went out of business like the rest of the mills becuase of NAFTA, FTAA and all the other lopsided trade agreements, not because of unions, Pillowtex was only union for several years, but the other mills were non-union, Burlington in NC shut down their denim plant outside of Charlotte because it was cheaper to manufacture denim in China, they were non-union so how did a union kill that business?

And violating labor contracts is not running it like business it is running it like a dictatorship.

So did Jerry implant the chip or just give you koolaide?

Once again don't let the facts get in the way of your opinion, since we all know you cant produce any facts to support your arguement.

Mechanic and related have given back every contract since 1992, that is 12 years of concessions. The same goes for ALPA.

And in 1992 all non-union employees had their pensions frozen, no more vacation, sick or OI time. Took 40% of the employees and made them part time, cutting their hours from 40 to 25 maximum per week, and those downgraded had to pay over $300 a month for family insurance, there were thousands laid off due to the loss of the Express work. Which was all the fleet, customer service and res agents and all unionized groups gave concessions in 1992 also.

Let us not forget the shutting down of the PSA engine shop and heavy Maintenance in San Diego, closing of heavy maintenance in Utica, IND, GSO, INT and ROA. Closing of tens of maintenance stations going down to 33 now we are down to 18. That caused thousands of furloughs also.

Lets see the closure of the crew bases in MIA, LAX, SAN, SFO, DAY, IND, BWI and any ones I forget.

Closing of SYR, IND and DAY as hubs, the massive pulldown in CA.

Reservations being closed in SYR, IND, RNO and UCA too.

This was all done pre-Dave.

Seems you forgot these occured.

Seems you left out the facts.

Lets see you dispute that?

Bob,

Its not that simple.

You may have the take that management will get what they want whether we give or not...perhpas they will in compensation.

I can't speak for the rest of the groups, but for me personally, I will take their reputations down with me. If I'm going to have to be forced to leave this company that I have greatly contributed to for the past 23 years......I'm going down with a fight kicking and screaming and making PLENTY of noise on my way out.

This management is already s@#$ it the eyes of PA Delegation and the public in our state. THey've been in every paper on the East Coast.

We have bonified paid union busters on our property...yes Bob, we may cease to exist, and I do believe if you ask the majority of the employees here, they make no bones about it. So, if the premise is we are going down...so be it.

AND I WILL MAKE MUCH MUCH NOISE ON MY WAY OUT. For you, the customer, you will eventually have to affiliate yourself with another airline. Maybe one tht doesn't give as good of service as U or as many perks for the customer along with FF miles, but, hell, everyone has to compromise this present day environment on all levels.

USA320Pilot said:
In my opinion, the Flight Attendants will come to the table. However, if they do not they could see some painful changes implemented with "me too" clauses, pension termination, and significant grievance issues.

Moreover, there is not much the AFA will be able to do to stop the process.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
This guy never ceases to amaze me. I don't know how he is able to look in the mirror each day! Savy

700UW said:
This was all done pre-Dave.

Seems you forgot these occured.

Seems you left out the facts.

Lets see you dispute that?
Your wrong about Pillowtex. Although nafta played a large role , the union did as well. Your correct with all of what was closed and given back pre dave( which shuts your theroy down its all DAVE) down, the bottom line is youre where you are plain and simple. Thats the one fact you keep ignoring. Your in denial. Its here my friend like it or not and dwelling in the past isnt gonna help you. Being aware of the past is fine wallowing in it will not help anyone. Your facts that you give are correct you just keep leaving out the rest of the facts. Like most union untill Dave arrive your and my pay usually was connected with a kick back . Since 1989 (untill the last couple of rounds, we all got the raise back and more. Those are the facts you leave out. Regardless compare our cost to other carries (lcc) including productivity and you will see a huge difference. HUGE ! At any rate enjoyed conversation Good luck ! I think our topic has been strewn enough !

Once again dont let facts get in your way!

Pillowtex closes down
The Associated Press

KANNAPOLIS, N.C. -- Textile giant Pillowtex, which has been scrambling to find a buyer as a big debt repayment deadline approached, said Wednesday it plans to shutter its 16 plants and eliminate 6,450 jobs.
Pillowtex, which had employed about 7,650 people in the United States and Canada and made towels, sheets and other home products under the Cannon, Fieldcrest and Royal Velvet brands, said it did not have the cash to continue operations.
The U.S. textile industry is suffering from its worst economic crisis in decades because of soft consumer demand and intense foreign competition. The Deep South has been hit especially hard. The plants being closed include textile manufacturing and distribution facilities.

From the union times daily

Pillowtex officials said a combination of problems including soft consumer demand and intense foreign competition had made it impossible for the company to operate profitably. Vanderford said the losses from the China Trade Bill, which is lifting all barriers to trade with China, come on top of those resulting from NAFTA. He said that over the last decade Union County has lost approximately 1,700 textile jobs, many of them due to NAFTA and other free trade bills.

This China bill is extremely devastating to all manufacturing, he said. China is so big and there's so much productivity over there and wages are so low that everybody's going to there to purchase their goods. Some of the jobs lost have been regained through new companies coming in such as Weavetex, Madeline, CPE, Disney and Union County Printworks.

However, Vanderford said the loss of textile and other manufacturing jobs will get only worse with the China bill taking full affect in 2005. The only thing we can do about it is to contact our congressman and senators and get them to do something about this China bill, he said. If not, then we and much of the rest of the country are in trouble.

Do I need to post more?

Like I said don't let the facts get in your way!

About UNITE@PillowTex

UNITE has been known as one of the most creative and effective "organizing unions." And yet, even though UNITE organizes around 24,000 new members every year, the union continues to shrink every year because more members are lost through shop closings than are gained through new organizing. For instance, the textile giant Pillowtex closed its doors this year, putting 7,000 UNITE members out of work. Pillowtex is emblematic of the union's whole struggle, how we work so hard and so long to give workers a voice in their jobs, and how quickly we can lose what we've won. The first union drive at Pillowtex was in 1946, when the company was called Cannon Mills; it was a mill town then, where the company owned literally everything from the stores to the schools. The first union election at Cannon was in 1974, and over the next quarter century, the union lost four elections at the company, each one of them tainted by vicious, illegal anti-union tactics by the company. In 1999, the union finally won!But the following year the company filed for bankructy, and even though it survived, with the union's help, it continued to face difficulties. And then this year it finally closed.

UNITE has many Pillowtexes, companies where workers fought so hard to win their union, and then went out of business. Employers have been moving jobs offshore for decades, to places where workers are more vulnerable and wages are far lower. Not just UNITE has suffered as a result. The entire labor movement has experienced decline. Between the offshoring of jobs, the hostility of employers to union drives, and weak labor laws, U.S. unions have been steadily losing jobs. Only 13% of the U.S. workforce is now organized; in the private sector, it's even lower, 9%.

Bob,

Please don't say they didn't try to bust the unions again.

Two months ago, I thought these disucssions were for work rules...fast forward to present, and its full-blown negotiations for WAGES, WORKRULES AND BENEFITS.

I am over this.

That union buster and his team were hired for the purpose of busting our contracts. Contracts are what the unions work, live, eat, drink, and die by. Three groups had "no furlough" language. Just by taking that, 20,000 employees are on the street, jobs are gone. AFA had no choice but either to raise dues unrealistically and then going into the future blindly OR affiliate with another union (CWA) and risking dilution with other crafts. Employees are tied to contracts, and union busters, bust contracts. Look around again, in case you missed what has happened to all of labor for the past two years here.

IAM is teetering as well with members scared and other unions thinking they can step in. Customer service is not sure they will have a job on mainline in the next 2 years, and what that job will look like.

EVERY ONES JOB IS EITHER BEING OUTSOURCED OR HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BE OUTSOURCED, and you want us to just give in for a "little temporary safety"?

You sit on these board and talk about your forefathers who fought in WWII. DID YOU LEARN NOTHING FROM THEIR PRINCIPLES TO FIGHT FOR WHAT THEY BELIEVE IN? Or would your advice to them have been, hey, just don't fight, stall, and move out of the country for other opportunities.

My god, man.