Us Airways Flight Attendants' Decision

The National News media reported yesterday that the AFA polled its entire membership and the results indicated the majority of the F/A's polled said they would not re-open their contract, even if it meant bankruptcy.

Apparently, the company contacted Perry Hayes to have AFA clarify their position, which resulted in the press release.

The issue: Passenger confidence was shaken that could result in less bookings, which could make a bankruptcy filing a self fulfilling prophecy.

Xidas' announcement was poorly worded and an irresponsible action that Perry Hayes took exception to when he said in the recent AFA press release, "Recent articles have incorrectly characterized information posted on the Pittsburgh local council's website as the official position of the MEC. Hayes is the spokesperson for AFA at US Airways and any comments made by another individual, including local presidents, are an expression of that individual's opinion and not necessarily reflective of the MEC's decisions."

See Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
The issue: Passenger confidence was shaken that could result in less bookings, which could make a bankruptcy filing a self fulfilling prophecy.

Xidas' announcement was poorly worded
You sure like to stir the pot don't you captain, especially when you feel leverage can be had in your favor. You stoop to a new low miss-representing facts as long as it shines bright on your twisted view of the world. Thank God thinking people see through your facade of concern for the masses.

This is something the company does at least once a month....give me a break! <_<

Cav:

I have no problem with Teddy Xidas posting information on the Council 40 website with her opinion -- that's what free speech is all about. My problem is the misrepresentation with the News Media where the information was relayed that her opinion and the poll's results were the AFA's "official" position and the rank-and-file sentiment.

Xidas' creditability was questioned by Perry Hayes' "stinging" press release and it made Xidas look foolish.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

ACrazy8 said:

This is something the company does at least once a month....give me a break! <_<
If paxs' read this forum and see we have a captain posting this crap we would be out of business the next day. This guy is nothing more then an extension of management linked to this forum, it's glaring.

ACrazy8 & Cav:

The company provides information that is disclosable and an "official" position. The difference here is that Xidas provided a Council opinion and not an "official" AFA postion, which was disputed.

Going to work...

Talk to you later tonight.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
Cav:

I have no problem with Teddy Xidas posting information on the Council 40 website with her opinion -- that's what free speech is all about. My problem is the misrepresentation with the News Media where the information was relayed that her opinion and the poll's results were the AFA's "official" position and the rank-and-file sentiment.

Xidas' creditability was questioned by Perry Hayes' "stinging" press release and it made Xidas look foolish.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
You have NO idea what the inside deal is but yet you take advantage of cat fights exploiting it for everything it's worth because you think you are this company savior or something weird thing. I don't want to hear it captain!

And there is ZERO respect on this end captain.... cavalier

AFA did NOT poll me and ask me crappolla. I have not heard one word from my LEC or my MEC. What does that tell you????? LIES< LIES and More LIES!!!! :down:

This is interesting. I remember when one ALPA member posted an editorial in the Charlotte Observer. Soon after, he received a not too favorable response from the ALPA nationals. Certain members on this board went wild in their support of ALPA.

Now, a certain LEC president has posted some information publicly and, in response, the AFA issued a not to favorable response from AFA headquarters.

So, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Newspapers are not known for always getting the story right. I doubt if Teddy Xidas would have worded it as such. My money says the paper was wrong. Some of you guys have such a hard on for Teddy and you just cringe knowing you can't have her.

The Truth said:
Teddy Xidas should recognize that her scientific poll :rolleyes: don’t represent the majority of AFA. She crossed the line with her comments and the union publicly reprimanded her with a press release. :up: It just shows that one should not believe everything that they read from a certain local AFA President.
Truth,

Now that's a lie.

The poll taken in PIT was the same Wilson Poll that AFA conducted, only difference is Pittsburgh insisted on a larger sampling...Kapeesh, lunch meat?

No one repremands the Local Pres. of PIT with what she writes out.

What she wrties is purely factual!

ITRADE said:
This is interesting. I remember when one ALPA member posted an editorial in the Charlotte Observer. Soon after, he received a not too favorable response from the ALPA nationals. Certain members on this board went wild in their support of ALPA.

Now, a certain LEC president has posted some information publicly and, in response, the AFA issued a not to favorable response from AFA headquarters.

So, what's good for the goose is good for the gander.
ITRADE,

Cook your own goose!

Pat Friend of the International thought the correspondence the PIT Pres wrote out to her members was great. Her words.

ktflyhome said:
AFA did NOT poll me and ask me crappolla. I have not heard one word from my LEC or my MEC. What does that tell you????? LIES< LIES and More LIES!!!! :down:
Kt,

You were sent through the E-line a notice of the polling. This survey is conducted scientifically by the Wilson Center and is a random sampling of a % of f/as in the base. AFA conducted onE as well. However, the PIT Pres. insisted on a larger sampling.

You were just not randomly picked.

USA320Pilot said:
The National News media reported yesterday that the AFA polled its entire membership and the results indicated the majority of the F/A's polled said they would not re-open their contract, even if it meant bankruptcy.

Apparently, the company contacted Perry Hayes to have AFA clarify their position, which resulted in the press release.

Xidas' announcement was poorly worded and an irresponsible action that Perry Hayes took exception to when he said in the recent AFA press release, "Recent articles have incorrectly characterized information posted on the Pittsburgh local council's website as the official position of the MEC. Hayes is the spokesperson for AFA at US Airways and any comments made by another individual, including local presidents, are an expression of that individual's opinion and not necessarily reflective of the MEC's decisions."

See Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot
USA320,

The Poll that was conducted in Pittsburgh was done via the AFA International for your FYI. THEY hired an independent contractor (Wilson Center Survey).

AFA International did a survey for all 26 airlines in April regarding the CWA merger, and overall impression f/a have of their union. A few of those questions were geared towards USAirways and upcoming events. But the sampling was very small.

That is why the PIT Pres. insisted on another survey using the same questions with a larger sampling. Outside of Council 70, PHL, the rest of the MEC opt not to conduct another survey. PHL's newsletter will be out.

So, stop with your inflamatory remarks. The entire MEC knew the correspondence was going out. USA Today reported the E-line of PIT as if it were the entire f/as population.

You're insane if you sit here with your crap and convey otherwise to discredit the PIT Pres for your personal gain.

The MEC is well aware of the correspondence and the International. The only folks that had a problem with it is MANAGMENT!