US Airways Flight Attendants Have Reached 3rd Tentative Agreement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that the pilots have deserted the card carrying luddites on WPs they have gone into meltdown mode.

We will drag you into the 21st century whether you want your raise or not.

If you don't want your raise I know several charities that you can contribute to.

Remember the phrase "no furlough"... and yes, you are still morons.

You should thank us.

Dear Council 70,

Your President has sunk to either a new low of ugly sentiment or lethal grammatical mistake on FB this morning.. Do something about it, it just keeps getting worse.

What an embarrassment.

Dear Council 70,

Your President has sunk to either a new low of ugly sentiment or lethal grammatical mistake on FB this morning.. Do something about it, it just keeps getting worse.

What an embarrassment.

Well, Can you share with those that do not do the Facebook thing? Your comments on here do not bring context for us to understand if we don't know what was written. While grammer mistakes could potentially change the meaning of some spoken words, what you allude to sounds to be more than just simple grammer. We are all guilty of spelling or grammer issues on this forum from time to time.

Please share so we can see what you are speaking of.

Wait as long as you like.

The vitiriol heaped on the YES voters since day one by NO voters who spoke only in platitudes and catch phrases needed to be corrected.

With each new TA the NO voters delivered an inferior product funded by the monies lost over the past year.

The contract provisions remain the SAME except for:

1. $1,700 siging bonus funded by the 45 million lost this past year.

2. $40,000 buy out again funded by the 45million lost this past year.

3. $1 additional money funded by loss of duty rigs.

The paltry amount of money the Company is forced to pay is dwarfed by the amount we have lost out on.

Who is responsible for the downhill trajectory?

Uninformed and purposely misinformed NO voters.

The LECPs from PHL & CLT finally realize that getting a seat at the table with APFA means getting us a second bite at the apple.

This latest TA came about INSPITE of the NO voters.

You should thank us.

Believe it or not, I can actually agree with some of what you say. I don't wish to put words in your mouth but I will share what I think the difference between our schools of thought. You believe that the first T/A brought the improvements YOU were looking for and provided the things YOU desired in a contract. That is fine and I won't spite you for it. But, for some odd reason you never seem to except what is good for you might not be for others plain and simple.

The stance that I have taken is slightly different. You stated that each T/A broght an inferior product brought on by no voters. Part of this statement is correct. Each of the T/A's brought an INFERIOR PRODUCT (beginning with the first one) brought to you by the NEGOTIATING COMMITTEE. Yes, it started with the very first one. Almost eight years of negotiations that were squandered by having two different set of negotiators with two different agendas. Through all sorts of missteps which would take a month of sundays to list, the flight attendants were being ignored. In the end the negotiators were finally replaced. This was just too little too late. We can spar these points back and forth all day but in the end you are correct. You have an inferior product! It is just I believe the product was flawed from the very beginning and not because someone voted no against the opinion of you. Believe it or not, I can recognize the almost half voted yes for it the first time. They believed like you it worked for them. Nobody should fault them for that anymore than you should fault those that voted no for something that just did work for them. There are a few good things there. That is the issue I think some take with you. Rather than excepting some critique on things that could be better or exploring fixes that would make everyone happy you just call them names.

Well, Can you share with those that do not do the Facebook thing? Your comments on here do not bring context for us to understand if we don't know what was written. While grammer mistakes could potentially change the meaning of some spoken words, what you allude to sounds to be more than just simple grammer. We are all guilty of spelling or grammer issues on this forum from time to time.

Please share so we can see what you are speaking of.

No, I have no desire to increase the problem. My post was an plea for some restraints to be put on this, not to perpetuate it. The numerous FB pages that flight attendants created become more and more bizarre with the posts of various AFA elected officials, past and present.

I agree that we all make grammatical errors, but the ones I speak of are so bad that they may be in the realm of a comprehension problem. We all have weaknesses, but leaders are expected to be able to communicate. Should they have a weakness, they recognize it, ask for help and improve. We have new hires who do not look at these people affectionately because they were here in the glory days of AFA. You don't have to be eloquent, but you must have the ability to be clear.

Once again, our leadership ratchets up weirdness and internal gang wars right before a vote. Another looming deadline seems to erode their self control and they go to FB with more cringe worthy Jerry Springerish exchanges.

I am looking forward to a whole new era and type of Union Leadership, devoid of those who could not understand that, despite the crying of the FB masses, recognize that unofficial sites should never be used by officials. Instead, in their hubris, they thought they could surreptitiously manage it. The backlash is their FB personas are now part of their professional image, and it's not pretty.

No, I have no desire to increase the problem. My post was an plea for some restraints to be put on this, not to perpetuate it. The numerous FB pages that flight attendants created become more and more bizarre with the posts of various AFA elected officials, past and present.

I agree that we all make grammatical errors, but the ones I speak of are so bad that they may be in the realm of a comprehension problem. We all have weaknesses, but leaders are expected to be able to communicate. Should they have a weakness, they recognize it, ask for help and improve. We have new hires who do not look at these people affectionately because they were here in the glory days of AFA. You don't have to be eloquent, but you must have the ability to be clear.

Once again, our leadership ratchets up weirdness and internal gang wars right before a vote. Another looming deadline seems to erode their self control and they go to FB with more cringe worthy Jerry Springerish exchanges.

I am looking forward to a whole new era and type of Union Leadership, devoid of those who could not understand that, despite the crying of the FB masses, recognize that unofficial sites should never be used by officials. Instead, in their hubris, they thought they could surreptitiously manage it. The backlash is their FB personas are now part of their professional image, and it's not pretty.

Well, I can understand your desire to not escalate an already bad situation. I do not belong to any Facebook forums so I can only take you at your word and I can't see a reason to fabricate such a story. It just makes it difficult to to digest your plea with no context. Sometimes however it is best to let sleeping dogs lie.

You bring up a very good point. Unions in general (not just AFA) don't really know what to do with social media. Instead of embracing it and seeing as a tool to gauge the pulse of the people they serve, AFA thus far seems to see it as a threat and they try to "manage" it like the the Chinese government. In doing so they are failing to communicate with members. Instead of actual two way communications they have very carefully crafted Q&A's. Sometimes I wonder if any of them were even asked by real people.

I hope you see that day with the new era you speak of, but would not hold your breath too long! The big hurdle you have is no matter what union is representing you the same people tend to flock to the positions that matter. Also, right now I believe that AFA international is in overdrive trying to preserve their status as your bargaining agent. While I would not write them off just yet, just getting a contract passed does not make them a shoo-in either.

I hope the cloud over your heads clear soon, and your future is a little sunnier.

Dear Council 70,

What an embarrassment.

Drinking and posting make for Very unattractive union officers. Heard ME got trashed the other night and was calling everyone at AFA National about the curtains on T/A flights of all things. Our union dollars at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back