US Airways, International Association of Machinists Reach Tentative Agreement for Unified Mechanics-

Status
Not open for further replies.
online surveys by unions are profane, lazy representation, and who really knows the accuracy of them. Some guys wife or kid could be filling them out. Also, rating things of importance is a misguided system since the things rated aren't of equal value. I'm a proponent of bringing back the relevance of going to the Local hall.
I'm not a proponent of a closed retirement system with restrictions, however, looking over the IAM mechanic contract, I would have to say that the company contributions to the IAM pension plan is certainly better than what the mechanics have now. And unlike the fleet service plan, there isn't any 40 hour cap in the mechanic plan. A definate improvement.

Also, some readers above seem to think that if they only work a few years that they won't be able to participate in the IAM pension since real vesting starts at 5 years. I believe that to be inaccurate as I believe all new plans have immediate vesting for those employed. That's how the fleet service IAM pension worked. Before some make judgements, check with TR, BF, BW, etc.
Certainly, no mechanic is going to be having his company contributions going to waste if he is of retirement age in 3 years.

regards,
Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman, 1487, Chicago

Tim, with no dis respect, but go back to your unskilled worker group on the FLEET thread and educate them on their finances. We can do our own math. Us mechanics even learned in A&P school how to use those real fancy buttons on the scientific calculators. :up: You see the larger your base rate the larger your skill level, the lower your skill level then the lower your base rates. Now thats simple math! :eek:

We don't need your advice.

Good luck to you boys. :blink:

Tim, with no dis respect, but go back to your unskilled worker group on the FLEET thread and educate them on their finances. We can do our own math. Us mechanics even learned in A&P school how to use those real fancy buttons on the scientific calculators. :up: You see the larger your base rate the larger your skill level, the lower your skill level then the lower your base rates. Now thats simple math! :eek:

I hit the wrong button, I was actually replying to 1lcc who appeared to misunderstand the IAM pension plan. This has nothing to do with fleet service, I was commenting as someone who sat on a committee that went over how the IAM pension plan works so I was merely commenting on that issue to clarify any misunderstanding.

As for doing the math, I agree that will be up to the mechanics. There's so much gray in the last two pages of the agreement that you can paint a battleship. "Substantially all"? "siging contracts that has scope based on what the company documents? Perhaps, I just don't know how to read even though I have a masters education that involved research and debated points. This contract isn't about doing the math on a wage, it's about understanding implicit and explicit language and then determining how many jobs will be lost.

Dont get me started, I wanna walk away from this thread because my interest is that the mechancis ratify this contract. My last post was to clarify the IAM pension from the inaccuracy it was portrayed.
Do me a favor, stay off my fleet threads and I'll stay off your mechanic threads? Deal?

regards,
Tim Nelson

AMFA at NW had similar language before the strike.

They documents will be verfied, as NW had and UA has there will be a farmout committee with financial experts to check the data.

There really is no other way.

It has been done in the airlines for years like that when work was farmed out.

The IAM has won some grievances on work that was farmed out before and was not allowed under the previous CBA, one big one was the Meal Carts.

:angry: Ok A-Enima man, you obviously forgot about one group in this little RAH RAH T/A everythings cool BS, it is called PITTSBURGH. Where in the lord up in heavens name is language to protect hundreds of your fellow PIT brothers (and sister)? Read it to me. We want the paragraph , line and page.

The West will suffer because the weather is really nice out there for early retirement. Do you have any idea how many of us are in PIT? Shame on all of you that sat in on bargaining. Go spin your crap somewhere else because I AM management team could give a hoot about any of us. It is a disgrace!

:angry: Ok A-Enima man, you obviously forgot about one group in this little RAH RAH T/A everythings cool BS, it is called PITTSBURGH. Where in the lord up in heavens name is language to protect hundreds of your fellow PIT brothers (and sister)? Read it to me. We want the paragraph , line and page.

The West will suffer because the weather is really nice out there for early retirement. Do you have any idea how many of us are in PIT? Shame on all of you that sat in on bargaining. Go spin your crap somewhere else because I AM management team could give a hoot about any of us. It is a disgrace!

Dexter is so right.For those who dont know it,and those that have forgotten.The IAM is a lie to your face union.If you have not seen it,you wont believe it.Sort of like UFO's...you see one then shake your head,no one will believe you.Folks the union is not coming to rescue you from there past loses,read the contracts,read the old contracts.You are still giving up stuff,lots of stuff for a little money.And I bet anything the payout does not equal the gains the company is getting on this T/A take it to the bank.

For those that didnt do the math we gave back about 46%,now they offer 26% or so back.Figure out the cost of all the give backs in this deal and I bet its cost neutral,or the company is making money.

You will get to be the one who votes your union brother out of a job again,for all you out west you will get a chance to see what its like to put friends on the street for some pieces of silver. :down: :down: :down:

Are you a mechanic? If not go back to the non mechanical forum.

Pit base is connected to the base staffing numbers. Pit line is already down to 6 mechs on 1st sh, 6 mechs on 2nd sh. and what? 36 or so on 3rd? The writing has been on the wall for years. You should kiss Franks and Bills arse for saving so many jobs up there for the last 10 years. Clt is no longer the red headed step child. So I suggest, come on down south, its even warm enough to fry your turkey on Thanksgiving without the oil freezing. :up: And then you can take off the day after and get paid. :lol:

Tim.........don't waste your time on this ENEMA! With no disrespect my Butt! Step down off your pedestal O' Mighty ENEMA!
I am deleting my next statement before the Moderator does (catch my drift?). :shock:

While I’m not going to comment extensively on the MX contract proposal that’s coming up for a vote (don’t know the specifics because it’s not in my self interest to learn them ) I read one of the comments where a poster exclaimed that the contract still didn’t win back all of the cuts received through two bankruptcies . I just want to remind some of you that if every workgroup fought to get back all of the concessions from the BK’S we would once again in a short time be BK again …

As for you enema you should simply accept that individuals from anywhere , be they customers , workers , management etc can comment in any thread on any topic on this board . Look at it this way , at least you KNOW who tim nelson and ISTHISOK are .

Don't go away mad, JUST GO AWAY!! :lol: :up: :lol: :up: :lol: :up:
AluminumEnemaTime,
deal or no deal?

You stay off fleet and I stay off the mechanic thread? If no deal, I will personally 'parse' this mechanic contract in a way in which I do not think is in your favored opinion. I'll come back on this thread tomorrow and if there is no deal between us then I'll commence my parsing. Remember, there is enough gray in this mechanic contract to paint a battleship with. Don't get me started I do not have the time, neither do I want to see the mechanics reject it.

FWIW: PHL is bigtime against this, as in BIGTIME. heard PHX was also.
Heard TG told the CLT guys at the local meeting this was 'final offer' but Tony G needs to understand that nothing is final until his membership sez it is. And TR did his 'reagonomics' spin but verballed a cheap shot to fleet but was put back in his place by fleet because that's how fleet operates. They don't play TR's B### S### games.

Separately, we are changin the leadership of 141 just like 143 did, and things are maneuvering behind the scenes against the officers of 142 also. Once 141, 142, 143 all get out the deadweight, then the transportation arm of the IAM will be more of a voice within. Nuff said.

Deal or no deal?

regards,
Tim Nelson

What good would these agreements be on a public message board where any person can create another fake account ? HAHAHA ….. :lol: :lol: :lol:

While I’m not going to comment extensively on the MX contract proposal that’s coming up for a vote (don’t know the specifics because it’s not in my self interest to learn them ) I read one of the comments where a poster exclaimed that the contract still didn’t win back all of the cuts received through two bankruptcies . I just want to remind some of you that if every workgroup fought to get back all of the concessions from the BK’S we would once again in a short time be BK again …

As for you enema you should simply accept that individuals from anywhere , be they customers , workers , management etc can comment in any thread on any topic on this board . Look at it this way , at least you KNOW who tim nelson and ISTHISOK are .

Yep, there living in a dream world. The M&R contract is apples to oranges to what fleets is. Personally I would like to see us top out $5 more bucks an hour than where we will. But I got to climb the mountain from the bottom up.

I just don't see them getting the scope protection that ALL of their members NEED, and the raises they expect all at once. I do wish them luck.

The west fleet need to know the little secret that the east guys in CLT would chose a nice raise over any of you having job protection. I heard it out of the mouth of one of your projected new agc's at a union meeting. :shock: Hey, but at least he will move up over the rest. Be careful fleet boys and girls.

"For those that didnt do the math we gave back about 46%,now they offer 26% or so back.Figure out the cost of all the give backs in this deal and I bet its cost neutral,or the company is making money."

If you can get more than 1/2 of past give backs in this economic environment I would jump all over that! Only a fool would hold out for more.
Oh and by the way the company is not making money this year!

I do believe the hubs in clt and phl would sell out on all the class II stations and west fleet if they were offered $25 an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts