US Airways, International Association of Machinists Reach Tentative Agreement for Unified Mechanics-

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyDCJets

Advanced
Mar 21, 2006
US News Now

US Airways, International Association of Machinists Reach Tentative Agreement for Unified Mechanics-and-Related Contract
March 12, 2008

US Airways and the International Association of Machinists (IAM) District 142 today reached a tentative agreement on a unified contract that moves all US Airways’ maintenance-and-related employees to one labor contract.

The contract, if ratified, would move pre-merger America West (“Westâ€) maintenance and related employees to the higher pay scales of the pre-merger US Airways (“Eastâ€) labor contract and modifies the existing East labor agreement in ways that are mutually beneficial to IAM mechanic-and-related employees and the company.

“This is an important milestone in the US Airways merger and we’re delighted to reach an agreement that recognizes the contributions of our maintenance team,†said Doug Parker, chairman and CEO of US Airways.

The IAM mechanics’ agreement, covering approximately 3,300 maintenance-and-related employees (800 West and 2,500 East), is the latest unified contract achieved at the new US Airways since its merger with America West in 2005.

Agreements had previously been reached covering about 7,500 airport and reservations agents represented by the Communications Workers of America and International Brotherhood of Teamsters, and with the Transport Workers Union covering several hundred flight dispatchers, engineers and ground school instructors.

“Maintenance-and-related employees have been working under the terms of a transition agreement which essentially kept the groups separate under their respective existing labor contracts,†said Al Hemenway, vice president of Labor Relations. “These unified agreements help fulfill an important goal of our merger, that is, to have each group of our represented employees working as one team with identical pay, benefits and work rules.â€

Details of the agreement will be released by the IAM. The agreement is subject to a ratification vote of the IAM membership and would become amendable on Dec. 31, 2011.

Don't be fooled by the Eye Candy. The fine print is what will scr** you. Make it easy on your self. VOTE NO!!

Don't be fooled by the Eye Candy. The fine print is what will scr** you. Make it easy on your self. VOTE NO!!

If its a bad TA and I have a gut feeling it will be I advise our mechanic brothers and sisters to vote it down in a loud and clear "Go F yourself DP. And dont let them pull that "Well you didnt understand so you gotta vote again Sh_t.

Good Luck Guys and Gals

Take the time to read it before taking a stand.

It might be good, it might be bad, one will never know till they release the details.

Well what do you know...the Company puts it out there that they have reached a tentative agreement for UNIFIED MECHANICS. Got that? Once again, UNIFIED MECHANICS! STUPID, STUPID, STUPID! So you put it out to the public and the most amusing part of the announcement is the "UNIFIED MECHANICS HAVE NO IDEA OF ITS CONTENTS"!

Am truly amazed that at least they had the smarts to put it out for membership ratification. The mechanic group will NOT vote in a contract very easily. The way they put this out was disgraceful and in very poor taste.

The only reason the iam wants a yes vote is to get their greedy hands on that pension money. Even though it hasn't been posted it already stinks. VOTE NO!!

I know there are those of you saying to wait. The IAM needs alittle time
to put the offer together and post for its' members. Why ? now, I know the
language may need to be put more in laymens terms but if there was an offer
agreed upon by the NC and the company than THAT offer should be laid out for the
members to view and than explained if questioned. The IAM has elected officials
(or appointed) working on your behalf now these same officials are not acting as members
but as a company liasion. Put the offer as you saw it out there foir the membership. What
are you doing with it that it can't be seen as is ? Once again the elected leadership acts as
a dictatorship instead of a democratic one. I usually don't post on the Mech. thread but I do
read it often and I hope you reached a good accord though I have my doubts'. The day is
almost ended and although word of an agreement has reached your ears the sight of it has
yet to reach your eyes.......

Thanks

Then you can make an informed decision and vote accordingly. If it's voted down then so be it. But for God's sake don't vote based on what the leadership tells you. Vote based on what works for you personally.

Good luck I hope it all works out

Vote based on the good of the entire membership.

This company robs the workforce by negotiating contracts that pit brother against brother.

No offense to the sisters, you are brothers, too.

Amazing you join the union. Pay dues, vote in leaders to represent you to the company and before reading any information from the union on the "agreement" they came to with the company you say "VOTE NO!!".

That basically sounds like their will never be an agreement that the company and union can come to with that attitude. Coming to agreement means comprising - ie both parties need to come to the middle. If you can never move the middle and come to terms then you can never be happy and never move forward.

The company can't get everything it wants and the union can't get everything it wants. I point you to the steel industry where the companies wanted everything and unions wanted everything look where that got the both of them.

I hope everyone reads for both the good and the bad and make their own independent decision. Otherwise, you are blowing away a valuable right you have as an American and that is to vote. It would be waste to throw a vote away without trying to be informed.

I also say anyone who says VOTE YES without reading it is just as bad.

I’m hopeful that MX will finally get an acceptable contract , how many years have you west guys been waiting ? I’m gonna cross my fingers for you , good luck .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts