US Airways Flight Attendants Turn Down Second Time Tenative Agreement

PITbull

Veteran
Dec 29, 2002
Flight Attendants at US Airways turned down for the second time a sub-standard non-BK contract by 51%.

I am very proud of their courage, tenacity, collective strength and unity.

As you can see, Parker still can't get his regional airline and US Airways to merge...7 years and counting!!!

http://www.airlinedaily.com/feeds.html#http://us.rd.yahoo.com/finance/external/tsmfe/rss/SIG=1390kmuos/*http://www.thestreet.com/story/11721056/1/us-airways-flight-attendants-again-reject-contract-offer.html?puc=yahoo&cm_ven=YAHOO

They are in sec.6 negotiations....No need for anymore mediators

US Airways f/as DO have options... They are a union:

1.Informational picketing
2. Back to the table to renegotiate a FAIR and equatable contract
3. Strike

And yet, AA unions are hailing Doug Parker and his empty promises to create synergies merging AA with the worst US-based network carrier. Parker can't even negotiate with the unions already on the property and resolve matters from seven years ago, why does everyone think he has some magic wand and make everything work for AA?

Josh

Josh,

I don't quite understand this either. I think still that the AA unions are using the merger proposal as a hammer on their management's head. I really don't think that the unions at AA think for a moment that Doug Parker can give them an offer that would be better than thier own management. After all, US Airways are the BK kings... and the ones who pioneered contract busting by using bk as a tool in their arsenal twice.

There would be no sweet deal for the AA unions with Parker, rest assured. I had a front row seat in the mess at U during those tumultuous BK years.

As evidenced, the US Airways f/as who have been under concessionary contracts for this past decade have voted down TWICE a T/A that is just not deserving for any f/a group. After all the sacrificing and a decade of poor wages and workrules from hell, US Airways management STILL will not budge to give the group a fair contract. US Airways has had the best quarters in the worst economic times making hundreds of millions...but still....

Nothing for labor.

I have said all along parker will say anything to get AA. He would make a slick politician with meaningless slogans such as, "change you can believe in, thousand points of light,contract with america, the new society", and etc. People want change and things to get better they will swallow any tag line offered covered in cotton candy and actually start to believe that this time its for real.
I was with airways when they went through chapter 22, chapter 11 twice in about 2 years and almost closed down.
I hope the best for AA workers and hope they can look past the rocky road they are traversing now and perhaps they can emerge in a better position to compete in this new economy which I call the new normal.
I also think US can survive in this new economy also as they have lowered costs over the years and seem to have carved out a set of hubs and routes that are working in spite of high fuel costs and a weak economy.
Having a job is a better position to be in than looking for a job.

[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Flight attendants of [/background]​
US Airways Group
[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)] Inc. [/background]​
[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]LCC -1.33%[/background]​
[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)] on Thursday narrowly rejected a contract offer for the second time this year, a further sign of the strained labor relations rippling through the airline sector.[/background]​

[background=rgb(255, 255, 255)]Oh ya Parker is the best, he is so much different then Horton, or could it be competition and outside influences effecting the airline industry.[/background]​

It should be obvious that Parker had no interest in addressing pay issues until it became time to go after AA. Now, he will offer only as much to his own people as is necessary to get them behind an AA merger - and he is still hunting around trying to find out what that level might be.

It should be obvious that Parker had no interest in addressing pay issues until it became time to go after AA. Now, he will offer only as much to his own people as is necessary to get them behind an AA merger - and he is still hunting around trying to find out what that level might be.

Spot on Traveler.

World according to U President Scott Kirby in a recent quote: To quote: “I think if you’re starting the airline from scratch what would you do? I think we can migrate to that world. You wouldn’t give away free food, free drinks, free bags. You would also charge more for the best seats just like every sports venue, every theater. Everyone charges more for better seats in the house…we have so much history in the airline industry that constrains our thinking.”

US Airways got so use to nickel and diming their employees, now its time to nickel and dime the customer.

I actually predicted this way back in 2002 in most of my postings to the FFOCUS members, that they would be next because their is no business plan other than money grabbing and putting it directly into the Execs and BOD pockets. They used Bk twice to get it.

Their business plan has nothing creative in it that is sustaining for a long term revenue growth. There is no plan to create customer loyalty for repeat business, and nothing in their that creates employee loyalty and dedication.

End of story.

Why is this on the AA board?

Because your labor groups some how think that you will be getting a sweetheart of a deal from Doug Parker at US Airways. As your labor groups are sitting down with U mangement exchanging term sheets instead of trying your best to work with your own managment.

That's why this post is on here.

Don't know where you've been sitting on the planet, but US Airways is in hot pursuit of taking your airline over and getting it on the cheap while your in BK.

If US Airways f/a can't get a deal with U managment, you guys will do no better than where you are right now.

Cause on the other side ; is nothing but fire and brimstone, poor labor relations, and tons of litigation issues if a merger would somehow come into play with US Airways.

Because your labor groups some how think that you will be getting a sweetheart of a deal from Doug Parker at US Airways. As your labor groups are sitting down with U mangement exchanging term sheets instead of trying your best to work with your own managment.

Don't know where you've been sitting on the planet, but US Airways is in hot pursuit of taking your airline over and getting it on the cheap while your in BK.

If US Airways f/a can't get a deal with U managment, you guys will do no better than where you are right now.

Cause on the other side ; is nothing but fire and brimstone, poor labor relations, and tons of litigation issues if a merger would somehow come into play with US Airways.

We met with your management team on July 31. I was not impressed and let them know it. Told them that if they wouldnt give the workers they already have a decent deal why should we expect anything different? The COO guy went on and on about the synergies and about how the merger with America West had already produced synergies for the company, I asked how much of those synergies went to the employees? $400 million, $200 million $50 Million or ZERO. He started rambling on so I told him not to bother, I had my answer, ZERO, and thats what we could expect as well. I told them I had no interst in buidling a megga carrier built around super low mechanics wages.(Left the hat, but I kept the pens.)

We met with your management team on July 31. I was not impressed and let them know it. Told them that if they wouldnt give the workers they already have a decent deal why should we expect anything different? The COO guy went on and on about the synergies and about how the merger with America West had already produced synergies for the company, I asked how much of those synergies went to the employees? $400 million, $200 million $50 Million or ZERO. He started rambling on so I told him not to bother, I had my answer, ZERO, and thats what we could expect as well. I told them I had no interst in buidling a megga carrier built around super low mechanics wages.(Left the hat, but I kept the pens.)

Great post Bob. I'm glad you can see through this USAir non-sense.

Josh

PITbull, Glenn Quagmire doesn't work at AA. He was from Northwest and if I remember right doesn't even work in the Industry anymore. Thank You for the information of what we are potentially getting into with a merger. I am sure you won't find too many from AA that mind the insight

Because there are AA employees that think USair & Parker would be a savior to AA, It seems that it could turn out to be more like Lorenzo based on the fact he won't do for USair employees what he is promising to do for AA unions.

You and I don't always see eye to eye, nor could we as I'm not a mechanic so I simply can't grasp or understand what you deal with and how AA is to deal with on the ground level, but this post garners my respect for your views as its good to see that your disapproval for the way AA management does things has not clouded your ability to see the problems of others as well.

Wish more AA employees saw this and realized this. If it makes you feel any better, the business traveler doesn't love US either. Their employees have put up with so much........

Bet AA, with part of US southeast route structure, combined with B6 with the B6 management team running things would be a win-win for employees, investors and passengers. A pipe dream, I know......but a man can dream.

Cheers,
777 / 767 / 757

Back