US Airways Flight Attendants, Finally United, Look to the Next Merger

Oh, yeah. A west 1983 hire should be number one and east 1968 hires should be numbers two and three. You're incredibly dense.

What a jerk.

The West brought 140 airplanes to the merger and F/As to staff those airplanes

The #1 West and East F/A should be next to each other at the top of the combined list.

The last West and East F/A should be at the bottom of the combined list.

Umm, wasn't this an F/A related thread?
yes, and thus one of the reasons no one posts on this board anymore. While discussion of a certain topic is welcome by all including pilots, I would hope at least one thread on here would not bring their playground antics into the conversation.

I find it interesting that after almost eight years AFA could not give an open public statement as to why they chose to violate their own national policy on putting the MEC into one group. If you read the contitiution and by laws on this issue it is a very good read. Regardless of how you feel on this subject of whether they did the right thing or not, the policy was still deviated from and deserves an honest answer as to why they seem to pick and choose the rules they will follow. In fact, when electing the new MEC there was yet a further delay because they cited the need for a sixty day notice as prescribed by the constitution and by laws. That is fine. However, they are citing normal MEC elections and not the elections of a merged MEC which is found in a different section.

Don't get me wrong. I am glad that they have put the MEC together at last. They need to move forward now and focus on the merger with American. I just hope flight attendants pay very close attention to what is taking place before their eyes. AFA is now telling a story of the "spirit of cooperation" that is taking place between them and APFA. I think you should scrutinize any and every action they take at this point. Both groups are putting on their best show. I just hope the flight attendants best interests are considered a part of their game.

yes, and thus one of the reasons no one posts on this board anymore. While discussion of a certain topic is welcome by all including pilots, I would hope at least one thread on here would not bring their playground antics into the conversation.

Onestep, sadly, you are right, This forum used to be fun and informative. Other than the repetitive, boring, nonsense traded on the pilot thread, it gets nowhere near the traffic that it once did. I don't post as often as I once did; the same is true of most of my favorite posters.

Even the poor moderators seem to have given up a bit (not that I really blame them). Vitriol and profanity that once would have resulted in redaction and maybe a trip to the cornfield now remains up.

As much as I hate to admit it, I actually spend more time over at anet these days. Even there, the signal to noise ratio is often better than here.

(sigh)

I agree... I've also come to the realization that this board is actually really insignificant in our lives. If you compare how many people actually work for the airlines with the amount of people that actually read and write on here, you soon realize that only a minuscule amount of nutties like us actually bother to put time into it. This board has an almost non-existing audience, yet the small number of people on here engage in cat fights, like there is no tomorrow.

For my part, I started to cut back majorly on this blog... It was good to participate during lonely overnights in sucky places, but luckily, I don't have that anymore.

------------

Now, on the subject, to those complaining about AWA joining "a union that had DOH as a SENIORITY RULE", I'll give you a hundred bux if you can name me a multi-carrier union that would have had a better integration policy that is not based on seniority.

Now, on the subject, to those complaining about AWA joining "a union that had DOH as a SENIORITY RULE", I'll give you a hundred bux if you can name me a multi-carrier union that would have had a better integration policy that is not based on seniority.

Now don't be pissing of TraitorJake. He's smarter than everyone else on this forum. Just ask him. And he doesn't even own at TV, just to prove the point!

What a jerk. The West brought 140 airplanes to the merger and F/As to staff those airplanes The #1 West and East F/A should be next to each other at the top of the combined list. The last West and East F/A should be at the bottom of the combined list.
While you may have some formula for an outcome that make some happy, there is a reality that stops you in your tracks. Unlike the pilots that had a merger policy that had some uncertainty, the flight attendants did not. There is no argument here. Both parties were AFA. AFA's merger policy is clear. Two AFA carriers will merge by date of hire. It is not so certain with non AFA carriers so you may get your wish with the American merger in some form. Your after the fact argument does nothing moving forward. If you feel so passionate about your views you should advocate for it in the next merger with American. I am no fan of the way AFA conducts business on a lot of issues, but this one I think they got right.
I agree... I've also come to the realization that this board is actually really insignificant in our lives. If you compare how many people actually work for the airlines with the amount of people that actually read and write on here, you soon realize that only a minuscule amount of nutties like us actually bother to put time into it. This board has an almost non-existing audience, yet the small number of people on here engage in cat fights, like there is no tomorrow. For my part, I started to cut back majorly on this blog... It was good to participate during lonely overnights in sucky places, but luckily, I don't have that anymore. ------------ Now, on the subject, to those complaining about AWA joining "a union that had DOH as a SENIORITY RULE", I'll give you a hundred bux if you can name me a multi-carrier union that would have had a better integration policy that is not based on seniority.
Your right, this used to be a great place to have friendly exchange of information. We don't always agree, but that is fine. We can agree to disagree or we might even change our opinion or that of someone else. That is what this board was about. As you said it is an insignificant part of our lives. It should be! I, like you do not post as much as I once did. Part of the reason is not many wish to debate ideas anymore. That is alright, I continue to check-in every once in a while. It is just a smaller part of my entertainment Schedule.

Back