Us Airways, Ge Set Leasing, Financing Deal

In addition, GECAS will lease up to 31 new 70 and 90-seat regional jet aircraft to US Airways over the next three years, and US Airways would return 25 of its 281 mainline aircraft over the same time period. The agreement calls for the return of 10 Airbus 319s in 2005, and 15 Boeing 737-300s in 2006 and 2007.

Gee what is our illustrious capt gonna do?

I don't believe he is a 'Captain' anymore....so this could be interesting as he, too, enjoys the downhill glide everyone else is enjoying! Couldn't happen to a more deserving guy.

700UW said:
Gee what is our illustrious capt gonna do?
[post="204005"][/post]​

Adapt with the realities of a 2004/2005 economy and not stick his head in the sand like an ostrich?

700 i believe you have to be one of the most negative sad people on these boards

I don't care what you believe.

We all know you were proven NOT to be what you claim.

And I would expect nothing less of you then to try and protect your idol.

Nov 20 2004, 02:16 PM

Post #1

Group: Founders Club
Member No.: 2,293

Do not be surpirsed if US Airways announces contingent DIP & exit financing agreements that will require full labor participation in the new business plan to obtain the funds. The announcement may come before the December 2 S.1113© hearing to apply more pressure on the unions to obtain new CBA's and without consensual deals, increase the pressure on Judge Mitchell to "impose" new contract terms that prohibit "self help".

If history repeats itself, expect the company's union proposals to get worse before December 2.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

the capt called this one, he does a pretty good job over time...better than most..

"the capt called this one, he does a pretty good job over time...better than most..

He didn't "call" anything....and you're overcompensating.

nile%20boat,%20from%20an%20old%20national%20geographic.jpg

and you're in some form of da nile.........good luck!

$140 million is not real DIP financing, last time US had $500 Million in DIP and $1 billion in exit financing.

This is just to get US through the $260 million in lease payments in the 1st quarter of next year.

And 25 less mailine planes means more furloughs and there goes the Transformation Plan that calls for 279 Mainline jets, not RJs.

Show once again how this management still has no clue.

from cbs marketwatch....

"A key component of the agreement calls for US Air to return 25 of its 281 mainline aircraft to GE Capital Aviation Services over the next three years. In particular, it calls for the return of 10 Airbus 319s in 2005, followed by 15 Boeing 737-300s in 2006 and 2007.

"In the short term, we can return the 10 Airbus aircraft in 2005 on a schedule that will not impact our customers and will be consistent with our plans to increase aircraft utilization and point-to-point flying next year," Lakefield said.

In addition, the General Electric (GE: news, chart, profile) subsidiary will lease to US Air up to 31 regional jet aircraft, each seating between 70 and 90 passengers, over the next three years."

And you do 700UW, hah ha. :D

If only they would get around to hiring more high dollar Utility workers, then This company would finally be on the fast path to profitability... ;)

This is but one agreement of the many that are required to restructure our costs. It is not the entire fleet plan, just a part of it.

But it is a very positive step, and good that one/or more of our major creditors has this much faith in our organization...

But then, what does GE know in comparison to you 700UW...? :rolleyes:

and your ( sic ) in some form of da nile.........good luck!

1) I don't need good luck wishes from the likes of you

2) You're still overcompensating ( throwing a bone to the town crier in so as to lend the appearance of objectivity and/or credibility... but laying it on a bit thick )

3) The reasons for the request for ( yet more ) concessions are widespread and fluid, and so, your obseqious desire to present such a prediction as a startling revelation by a certain loudmouth is a bit obvious. I'll try though: The sun will rise tomorrow. I'll bet I'll be right on that one.

The main point here is this is just the latest method to extract more blood from the stone in order to mask the lack of ( airline ) business acumen. Pretty soon they're going to run out of relatives that die in order to invoke sympathy. Must be up to 3 grandmothers by now............

Rico
And you do 700UW, hah ha.

If only they would get around to hiring more high dollar Utility workers, then This company would finally be on the fast path to profitability...

Wow, did you go back to the third grade to come up with that lame attempt at an insult?

Don't be mad cause I make more then you.

Blame your union that has a majority of sellouts who are driving YOU'RE wages down and down and down.

But I have faith in ALPA to step up to the plate one more time when Bruce comes knocking.

And remember once any union's contract is abrogated, and they seek self-help, the ATSB will pull the plug and you will be on the unemployment line.