Us Airways, Ge Set Leasing, Financing Deal

I heard through the grapevine that overnight utility will soon be gone in the non-hub/focus city world of US. Anybody know anything about that?

The company wants to eliminate ALL utility.

As of Now;
Three shift stations are: BOS, CLT, DCA, LAX, LGA, PHL, PIT and SFO.

Third shift only: BDL, RIC, TPA, MCO, MIA, PVD, ORD, ATL, BWI and ORF.

Yeah, but it is more cost effective to outsource in most cases , ala fuel, ala catering, ala de-icing... Or transfer the work amoung other employees, ala Express.

Being proud of making more than 40K a year for a 20-25K a year job at one moment, and then crying foul when someone wants to shed said 40K+ a year job the next makes no sense...

Wonder what the old Piedmont did for overnight a/c cleaning, oh yeah, outsourced. Ahh, the good ol days...

Wrongo.

Piedmont had Utility at DCA, GSO, BOS, LGA, INT and LAX.

It would be nice if you did a bit a research before you actually posted something.

And Utility before the 21% paycut was $17.47 and hour for a total of $36,337.60 per year.

And I am very proud of the IAM's ability to maximize everyone's rate of pay.

A Cleaner at NWA makes $20.04 an hour UAL makes $17.10 and WN makes $15.66.

Guess your ALPA sellouts need to learn something from the IAM, AMFA and TWU!

700 -

I thought you had been touting in the past how the employees of US were paid less then WN, but there seems to be a $1.44 an hour difference here. Do you know how many stations WN has utility in compared to US? Just curious.

I have said the Res Agents, Ramp, CSAs, F/As and mechanics, never said their aircraft appearance agents.

They are at their major stations.

and they will move past US.

2005: $16.13
2006: $16.61
2007: $17.11
2008: $17.62

Doesn't your current contract have raises for those years too?

How many stations have Utility equivilant employees versus our 18?

Our current contract has a lot of things, but it will not be in place.

we have 8 three shift stations and 10 third shift only, I do not know about WN and their staffing.

For someone that is so factually driven, that wasn't a very good dodge of the question there. I believe your current contract has 2% raises every year. so in 2008 when WN Utility is making 17.62 an hour, you will be up to 18.91, a difference of 1.32 an hour. Only closing the gap 12 cents an hour.

I was not dodging the question, and your 18.91 figure is not correct and if they company gets their way, there will be no Utility at US.

I am not talking about the what if's.....I am talking about the signed contract you have right this moment. None of us have a crystal ball to see what the future holds.

In 2008 the contract rate as of July 1, 2008 is $19.47, by then WN and NWA will have new agreements in place.

2005, 2006, 2007 all have SNAPBACKS, not raises of 2% and 2005 has a 5% snapback.

Latest posts

Back