US AIRWAYS in talks to buy A380

ON THE UP ! US Airways are one of the rising stars of post 9/11, post deregulation American aviation. In this year alone they have merged with America West Airlines and announced a hostile merger (i.e. a takeover in English English) with Delta Airlines. From a passenger perspective US Airways do everything well with many cost-savings at the expensive passenger interfaces (e.g. web and kiosk check-in) and are the US partner for the global Star Alliance of international airlines.

With their Headquarters in Tempe, Arizona US Airways originally had a strong East Coast network of routes (including some Caribbean destinations) but following the merger with America West there is now a balance between the cities served on either coast.

Currently the fifth largest US domestic carrier and, if the Delta acquisition goes ahead, are destined to be the world’s largest airline.

From a British and European perspective there are direct transatlantic flights from Glasgow, Manchester, London Gatwick, Paris, Copenhagen plus in the summer Dublin and Stockholm.

Within the US there are major and minor hubs at Charlotte, Phoenix, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Las Vegas, New York (La Guardia), Washington (Reagan) and Boston.

Useful connections with US Airways include flights westward to Hawaii; south to Costa Rica and east to many destinations in the Caribbean are worth remembering.

US airways is a amalgam of famous airlines from the history of US aviation including America West, Pacific Southwest, Piedmont and Allegheny - look out for more airlines being swallowed by this growing brand.

Alternative View

Can you call an airline which operates 4,000 daily departures, has 18 different types of aircraft and an employee roll-call of over 35,000 people 'alternative' ?

We think so, alternative doesn’t necessarily mean small and the vast number of connecting flights particularly to smaller communities within the US make this airline one of our favourite ways to cross the Atlantic and get close to where we want to go - without changing carriers.

Related Links
US Airways joins the A380 Super League

======================================================

Who the hell wrote this? What a bizarre article. I wrote better book reports in second grade.

Only if the pay is right, CAPTAIN 98/hr F/O 75 hr ( I always wanted to fly a big jet :lol: )

People, get a grip, NO American carrier is ordering the A380, least of all cheeseball US Airways, who have only 19 widebodies, nothing larger than the A330-300, and one tentative Asia route. Come on now.

People, get a grip, NO American carrier is ordering the A380, least of all cheeseball US Airways, who have only 19 widebodies, nothing larger than the A330-300, and one tentative Asia route. Come on now.

That may just be the reason that this sorry outfit would order the wrong airplane for its routes, only to park them in the desert in a year or two. I've seen it before in my 21...I mean 4 years here.

This has to be one of the most laughable and ridiculous stories yet. PLEASE tell me that there isn't anyone out there that believes this. You have a better chance of Usassways being the first airline with service to Mars. :lol:

This is just to good im suprised the arm chair CEO's over at another site haven't picked up on this gem yet :lol:

I think it may be possible. Only Dougwieser would order the 4th version of the A350XXXXXBBBBXX in place of the 787. So why not get another POS that no US Carrier wants? The fact that it propably wont fit in PHL should lock the deal. AB probably threw some more money and a large bar tab at Doug so he is all for it.

I think it may be possible. Only Dougwieser would order the 4th version of the A350XXXXXBBBBXX in place of the 787. So why not get another POS that no US Carrier wants? The fact that it propably wont fit in PHL should lock the deal. AB probably threw some more money and a large bar tab at Doug so he is all for it.

I had the same thought about the 350, too. This management team makes poor decisions with no real sense of direction - so it wouldn't surpise me.

Not sure if it is a POS or not, but it wouldn't work in PHL, that's for sure.