NMB Makes Ruling on IAM/IBT Mechanics

Unfortunately that is what people said when Bush and his supreme court stole the 2000 elections in Florida, and look at the country now :down:
We are now all in this together, like it or not. We (as IAM members) need to inform the union what we want and they need to go get it for us. We do not need to rush and then think back and say; oh we should have tried to get this. We do not need to rush get a transition agreement signed just to get the heavy checks back sooner than later.

They need to keep us informed with info on the web site, e-mail’s, union reps, and meetings frequently. This should be done weekly if there is something to say or not.

Hello Eric,

I have read your posts from time to time with interest. I was just curious as to your plans? Are you retiring? Moving?

Best of luck

Moving to Albuquerque to work for a software development company that specializes in the transportation arena. The company is called Ultramain. I'll get to be a part of the aviation team that helps airline customers determine their program requirements and other customer service duties. The software provides a complete asset management package from the repair cycle/supply side to scheduled and unscheduled asset maintenance. Their customers include Virgin, Cathay Pacific, Emirates and others coming on board soon. While I'm looking forward to the new challenges, when I leave I'll leave a piece of me behind. Thanks for your comments Brown they are appreciated.

WHY! You're doing the same thing that DP or anyone would/should do. You put your wellbeing and that of your family ahead of a company.

Do it to them before they do it to you. Because if you work for a company long enough they WILL do it to you.

Your right Bob. I'm not sure if I would have been layed off, taken a paycut, or had my pay frozen, but I can tell you that I wasn't getting a warm fuzzy about the outlook in my particular field. Right now it's all about numbers...and really what else can one expect in a company of 35,000 employees that is merging? I'm not preaching doom and gloom, but a great opportunity came up good for me and good for the company's numbers. A win win situation. Oh and did I mention a nice pay raise and perhaps most important of all COOLER WEATHER!? :up:

On the district 142 web page there is an e-mail sign up function, I suggest you all use it.