NMB Makes Ruling on IAM/IBT Mechanics

Eric sorry to see you go but i can not blame you at this point, you got to do what's in your family's best interest,been great to work with ya! Good Luck :D

Thanks Guys! Best to all of you too! Like I told Pit, I'll be "lurking" around USAviation to see how my friends are doing.

Better check your source.

Well I know for a fact you have seen your last days at the negotiating table at Usairways for the IAM. According the the seniority roster you left Usairways between June 2005 and Dec 2005. And I believe you left AGAINST your will. But don't worry Tony G replaced you with Paul S. He brings him coffee now. :up:

Like I said, you dont know, better dig deeper.

DE NILE, not just a river in Egypt. DELETED BY MODERATOR I give you credit for straightening the facts out about the IAM most of the time. What union represents the operators where your at now?? Honest Abe don't lie!

Thanks Pit. I'll still lurk around from time to time. I have alot of friends at US. It was really hard to put in my two week notice.
Hello Eric,

I have read your posts from time to time with interest. I was just curious as to your plans? Are you retiring? Moving?

Best of luck

WHY! You're doing the same thing that DP or anyone would/should do. You put your wellbeing and that of your family ahead of a company.

Do it to them before they do it to you. Because if you work for a company long enough they WILL do it to you.

WHY! You're doing the same thing that DP or anyone would/should do. You put your wellbeing and that of your family ahead of a company.

Do it to them before they do it to you. Because if you work for a company long enough they WILL do it to you.
We all know this is your commandment, get those B--- dars fired before they get you fired. Like quick draw McGraw, you’re the fastest and the bestist… :p Your Favorite Song: I Shot the Sheriff.

Years tick by and you're still here, not even a employee and never were. How's the Wendy bell gal doing or did you fire her a-z-z too....

I am only on here for entertainment at this point...been off work for months and got bored....Love to piss ego maniacs off like you…Love Me

Dear Sisters and Brothers:

On behalf of the IAM Executive Council and more than 700,000 active and retired members, I welcome you to the Machinists Union.

The IAM is the largest airline union in North America. In addition to US Airways, our members work at United Airlines, Continental Airlines, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, Alaska Airlines, British Airways, Air Canada, Aloha Airlines, Comair and many other national, regional and foreign flag airlines. We are proud to welcome US Airways – West Mechanics into the IAM family.

The merger of US Airways and America West created great uncertainty, much of which continues today. With the resolution of the Mechanic & Related representation issue, however, we can move forward together and ensure employees share in the benefits of the merger.

All US Airways Mechanic & Related workers will be members of IAM Air Transport District Lodge 142. Their website is www.iamdl142.org. District Lodge 142 has the responsibility of negotiating and enforcing your contract with US Airways.

You will also be assigned a Local Lodge in or near the city where you work. Local Lodge Shop Stewards and Grievance Committees work closely with the District Lodge to handle grievances and represent our members. The process of designating Local Lodges has already begun.

An immediate goal is to enter into negotiations with US Airways. The IAM’s objective is to reconcile differences between the IAM-US Airways and Teamster-America West agreements. Enhanced job opportunities, fair seniority integration and securing the fully funded IAM National Pension Plan to complement, not replace, your personal 401(k) savings are also among our proposals.

District Lodge 142 is scheduling dates to meet directly with the US Airways – West membership, but anyone with an immediate need for union representation should contact District Lodge 142 at 816-452- 6646.

Once again, welcome to the Machinists Union. I look forward to talking with you the next time I visit your location.

Sincerely,
Robert Roach, Jr.
GENERAL VICE PRESIDENT

On behalf of the IAM Executive Council and more than 700,000 active and retired members, I welcome you to the Machinists Union.

The IAM is the largest airline union in North America. In addition to US Airways, our members work at United Airlines, Continental Airlines, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, Alaska Airlines, British Airways, Air Canada, Aloha Airlines, Comair and many other national, regional and foreign flag airlines. We are proud to welcome US Airways – West Mechanics into the IAM family.

The merger of US Airways and America West created great uncertainty, much of which continues today. With the resolution of the Mechanic & Related representation issue, however, we can move forward together and ensure employees share in the benefits of the merger.

All US Airways Mechanic & Related workers will be members of IAM Air Transport District Lodge 142. Their website is www.iamdl142.org. District Lodge 142 has the responsibility of negotiating and enforcing your contract with US Airways.

You will also be assigned a Local Lodge in or near the city where you work. Local Lodge Shop Stewards and Grievance Committees work closely with the District Lodge to handle grievances and represent our members. The process of designating Local Lodges has already begun.

An immediate goal is to enter into negotiations with US Airways. The IAM’s objective is to reconcile differences between the IAM-US Airways and Teamster-America West agreements. Enhanced job opportunities, fair seniority integration and securing the fully funded IAM National Pension Plan to complement, not replace, your personal 401(k) savings are also among our proposals.

District Lodge 142 is scheduling dates to meet directly with the US Airways – West membership, but anyone with an immediate need for union representation should contact District Lodge 142 at 816-452- 6646.

Once again, welcome to the Machinists Union. I look forward to talking with you the next time I visit your location.

Sincerely,
Robert Roach, Jr.
GENERAL VICE PRESIDENT
700, don't get me wrong; I appreciate you posting the "Welcome" letter from the GVP. That letter IMO,should have been issued and posted late Friday night, Saturday tops. However, it is a start. I have always been taught to have a plan and hit the floor running when it came time to implement said plan. I just didn't feel that the IAM did that in this instance. Petty: maybe? Maybe not. I will reserve my feelings on that point of contention and take a wait and see attitude.

It's nice to see a letter that talks about what we are coming to do instead of blasting other unions, talking about the past or he said she said stuff.

Lets move on and now make it better for all.

It's nice to see a letter that talks about what we are coming to do instead of blasting other unions, talking about the past or he said she said stuff.

Lets move on and now make it better for all.
Unfortunately that is what people said when Bush and his supreme court stole the 2000 elections in Florida, and look at the country now :down: