US Airways Investment Report

I see they've retreated from their $100/sh price target of last year. :p

I was convinced that price target meant that Morgan was sitting on some unsold (and unwanted) shares of LCC.

I believe the following points are why J.P. Morgan analyst Jamie Baker has changed his thoughts:

We're seeing a flattening, not a downturn, in industry revenue performance," Doug Parker said.

Analysts agreed US Airways' results were strong. But the revenue warning eroded positive sentiment for the shares.
"I think that the weak revenue trends that they're experiencing, combined with the capacity reductions that they announced today are negative news," said Jim Corridore, equity analyst at Standard & Poor's. Also on Thursday Alaska Airlines' parent reported a narrower quarterly loss of $10.3 million, versus $79.1 million, but was still hammered by higher fuel costs and stiff competition.

Alaska Air's CEO said he expected flatter demand in the near term, on a conference call with reporters and analysts.

"Our current estimate for 2007 fuel price results in an additional $300 million of expense versus our 2007 operating budget," Parker said.

Click here for a big 2007 problem.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Wow, What a problem. How are we ever going to make it? No way this pilot group should expect anything from DP and the boys.

Of course what 320 won't tell you is this:

Recently, US Airways filed a notice to the Securities and Exchange Commission outlining their plans to institute an executive performance incentive program which would make Doug Parker and other senior executives eligible for a "200% of salary" bonus. If that wasn’t offensive enough, last week the Company announced Doug Parker’s 2006 compensation. The bounty to Parker for holding this pilot group hostage to a bankruptcy contract amounted to a staggering 14.4 million dollars. In a three-page letter to employees and a personal note from Parker himself, an attempt was made to legitimize that astounding compensation (that’s 55,384.00 dollars per day, assuming our CEO puts in a full five-day work week) by categorizing most of his compensation as being “at risk.â€￾

If 320 told you this it would place him "at risk" with his saviour, the management of LCC.

Better warn us all again 320. name deleted Because there is no way the pilot group should expect anything with the dire prediction you just filled us in on. Only DP and his minions should be able to profit from our givebacks.

Grow some gonads. Start acting like a pilot. And stop being a mouthpiece for these incompetents.

pilot

On a related topic, I just watched/ listened to the webcast, and if you are not familiar with it, they have a scrolling Q & A answer session at the bottom; people write in questions during the webcast, and someone in corporate answers them and posts a response.

Did anyone see that "statement" that someone kept making (that OF COURSE kept getting posted, at least three times!!!) It went something like this, always worded a bit differently:

"I know raises would be nice, but having a nice, profitable company to work for with job security outweighs the benefits on any raise."

The response from Tempe was "We hear ya!"

No joke. I wanted to scream.

"I know raises would be nice, but having a nice, profitable company to work for with job security outweighs the benefits on any raise."[/i]

The response from Tempe was "We hear ya!"

No joke. I wanted to scream.

Whoever that was must've drank a whole s@#t-load of company koolaid, and, everytime they hiccupped, that was blurted out!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back