Us Airways Machinists Blast Ceo

PITbull said:
usfliboi said:
PITbull said:
usbliboi,

Are you trying to call for an illegal job action? Do you know you can be sued/terminated? :(

Yipes!
Ummm No ! Im saying QUIT!
Be my guest! :up:
Im not the one complaining! Im happy staying doing my share of helping to save this company and mankind :)

Here's the deal:

-- US Airways won the legal battle over the A320 outsourcing;
-- US Airways offered the IAM a cost-effective solution to the A320 issue and the IAM refused to negotiate:
-- US Airways can close the Pittsburgh Maintenance facility this January and move the operation to a very, very undesirable location;
-- The IAM loses almost all of their important grievances and will likely lose the A320 overhaul grievance as well;
-- There is reason to believe the company is going to eliminate virtually the entire maintenance department if the mechanics refuse to negotiate. Furthermore, the company may elect to not negotiate with the IAM after the Arbitrator issues an Opinion & Award.

If the company wins the A320 heavy maintenance grievance, which is likely, then the company can incrementally replace the B737s with A320 family/EMB-190/95 aircraft and the B767/757s with A330-200 and A320 family aircraft.

For a static 279 fleet count, the company would have about 19 A330s that require heavy maintenance and 260 aircraft that do not.

The resultant stand-alone airline fleet plan could be:

A330-300s
A330-200s
A321, A320, A319s
EMB-195/190s
EMB-170/175s

This would be an example of JetBlue or Southwest's lower labor costs with no in-house heavy maintenance and the work outsourced to a third party contractor.

In addition, with only thee different fleet types, there would be less pilot training with only three type ratings and less reserves, which would increase productivity in lower labor expense. The resultant economies of scale and simplified fleet plan would create significant cost savings.

Therefore, the union stand and public comments are likely to cause management to dig in their heals and simply get rid of most of the Maintenance Department, making the IAM irrelevant.

Again, it's your choice to negotiate, if you still can, or to not negotiate. If it makes you feel better than go ahead and "shoot the messenger".

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

The meaning of falsehoods is the wrong information posted by a320pilot and the real facts is what information I have offered to the boards.

First falsehood

The legal battle was over Major VS Minor dispute, the legal battle was not over the contract language.

The last time I checked the grievance and arbitration process is STILL part of the legal battle and it has NOT been lost.

Second falsehood

How many times do you have to be told, the company NEVER EVER provided a cost-effective solution to the airbus maintenance issue. Like I have told you NUMEROUS times. The IAM met with the company and the company informed via a letter and a grievance to the IAM that the company was farming out the airbus and wanted to arbitrate the issue. The IAM presented SEVERAL options of how to perform the maintenance in-house as required by the contract.

US Airways can close your LGA base and base you in BFE also.

Third Falsehood

Prove to me what important grievances the IAM has lost! You are not an IAM member or a union rep, so how do you know? (more cockpit chronicles with Jerry?)

Lets list the major arbitrations the IAM and the company have had in recent years.
401K match grievance won by the IAM and US forced to pay millions in past matching contributions.

HMO grievance, won by the IAM company forced to repay millions in overcharges in HMO coverage.

Meal cart outsourcing repair, company lost, had to pay monetary damages and bring the work back in-house.

Radome outsourcing, won by the IAM work forced back in-house and monetary damages award.

Terminated employee reinstated $70,000 in back wages paid to member.

Attendance Control Arbitration, won by the IAM employees reinstated and attendance records of all employees wiped clean.

Cleaning grievances won daily and monetary awards paid.

Contract maintenance grievances on line airplanes won daily, monetary awards paid.

So mr a320pilot, please inform me of the IAM lost important information, since you know you are 100% off base you won't reply. I would like to know why do you constantly post WRONG information, to try and prove your points? Why do you continue to post wrong information when proven wrong? And why are you obsessed with the IAM? Because we have gonads and won't bend over like your group constantly does?

Fourth Falsehood

The company by FAR and laws cannot just get rid of a department, a group of employees covered by a legal and binding federal regulated contract under the RLA. Every airplane must been seen by a US Airways mechanic once per day per the FAA and US otherwise it won't be legal to fly. It would be the equivalent of a Mesa pilot telling step out of the cockpit, it is now my job to be captain of the A320 flown by US Airways.

Fifth Falsehood

The IAM is NOT going to negotiate with the company at all on concessions, can you not fathom every single press release or statements from the IAM. And you idol seigel said EVERY union has to participate, did you not see the webcast? Do I need to tell Dave his #1 fan is putting out information that is 180 degrees opposite of what Dave is telling everyone?

Sixth Falsehood
Southwest and Jetblue have maintenance performed EVERYDAY in-house, what are you thinking?

WN has heavy mtc in PHX and LUV, they perform ALL their C-Checks in-house, do 1/4-D-Checks in-house and have various component shops now, and WN is bringing more maintenance in-house everyday as they are growing too large to have the strict QA that they all ready have in-place to continue.

Jetblue has a hangar in JFK and MCO where they perform in-house maintenance daily, in MCO they do their plane acceptance checks and install passenger convenience items such at Direct TV. Jetblue is building a brand new state of the art maintenance facility in MCO as we speak.
Oh by the way Maintenance is one of the only departments in this company that can MAKE A PROFIT without any US Airways planes or passengers.

You have really fallen off the deep end and I am getting concerned about your mental health, it seems you have some issues and I might have to inform ALPA and Company medical and the FAA and show them your postings to show your mental state might have some problems.

At least we know when US goes out of business you have a great career path ahead of you writing fiction.

And why are obsessed with the IAM? I mean since you said repeatedly you don't care, but you spend an awful lot of time and energy trying to paint the IAM as bad people and telling us what to do. By the way why don't you call Bill Pollock or Duane Worth and ask them what General Vice President of Transportation has informed ALPA of!

USA320Pilot said:
-- US Airways offered the IAM a cost-effective solution to the A320 issue and the IAM refused to negotiate:

-- There is reason to believe the company is going to eliminate virtually the entire maintenance department if the mechanics refuse to negotiate. Furthermore, the company may elect to not negotiate with the IAM after the Arbitrator issues an Opinion & Award.
Please provide published reports of these points. Short of a citation, many will simply see your post as a feeble effort (again) to harass another union's members.

It strikes me that pressure on the mechanics hinges quite heavily on these two points being true. I've yet to see anything that suggests either of them.

700UW:

You're in denial and the IAM is becoming more and more irrelevant. The recent IAM posting calling for Siegel's removal will do more harm than good, which ALPA learned.

Again, the IAM and its members have a choice: Either negotiate a cost-effective way to conduct maintenance or have virtually all of their work legally outsourced.

If the company wins the upcoming minor grievance and the Arbitrator rules in favor of management, you can bet your bottom dollar Siegel will incrementally get rid of all Boeing aircraft and replace them with Airbus and Embraer jets.

Again, it's the IAM's choice, but it may already be to late to negotiate and the union could have already become irrelevant with most of its jobs about to be eliminated. The hand writing is on the wall...

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

No sir, you are the one in denial, I have broken down the WRONG information that you have posted, point by point.

If the IAM is so irrelevant as you say why is 90% of your time on this board devoted to the IAM and its stance against the company?

You on the other hand have not provided any facts, evidence to support your claims, where I have.

There is nothing to negotiate, plain and simple. You constantly ignore the facts, you are a scared scared man, your posts show it daily, you are getting more and more desperate with every post.

You are obsessed with the IAM, you are scared that we actually not afraid of siegel or glass and we are willing to fight to uphold our contract.

Think back of how you were posting to tank this company when your Pensions was taken away from you. You hated Siegel and US Airways and your hatred shown through on your postings.

Why are you so concerned with the IAM?

Why do you post false information in regard to the IAM?

Why are you trying to scare IAM members into submission?

Come on we all want to know

The handwriting on the wall is that you will be lucky to get right seat on an Air Midwest B1990, after your union caves in and lets Dave have his buddy Johhny O fly all mainline flights except the 767 and A330.

How does it feel to live your life in fear?

Clue:

At the August RJ press confernece in Montreal with Bombardier Siegel indicated the EMB-190 and EMB-195s would replace the B737s. Furthermore, with the JetBlue announcement that the LCC will operate the EMB-190, I have been told the company may accelerate the EMB-190/195 introduction into US Airways' fleet.

Later tonight when I am on my laptop I will post the exact public comments.

Just one more point...Siegel can be vindictive and at this point there is reason to believe the company may elect to negotiate with all of the unions except the IAM.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Great cause we are not gonna negotiate with the company, so we will have full pay and benefits while your work and job is transfered to Mesa.

700UW:

700UW said: There is nothing to negotiate, plain and simple.

USA320Pilot comments: I agree and instead when the company wins the A320 heavy maintenance grievance instead they are going to eliminate all Boeings and most of the Maintenance Department. In fact, there may be no incentive for the company to not even talk to the IAM at all. Thus, it might be to late for the IAM to participate in the "Going Forward Plan" and the ship may be sailing without IAM members.

By the way, expect more mechanics to be fired in the interim.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
I have been told the company may accelerate the EMB-190/195 introduction into US Airways' fleet.
Respectfully,
USA320Pilot
Funny, how can a plane that has not even been purchased, ordered or built be introduced into a fleet?

Funny as you posted millions of times, GECAS does not want to finance the 170s, or the 700s and wants US to sell the planes and delivery slots to Mesa, gonna find money to buy other planes when they can't get money to buy the current ones on order!

Can't have it both ways!

USA320Pilot said:
700UW:
USA320Pilot comments: when the company wins the A320 heavy maintenance grievance instead they are going to eliminate all Boeings and most of the Maintenance Department. In fact, there may be no incentive for the company to not even talk to the IAM at all. Thus, it might be to late for the IAM to participate in the "Going Forward Plan" and the ship may be sailing without IAM members.

By the way, expect more mechanics to be fired in the interim.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
You are sounding more and more desperate, maybe I will send Pollock, Glass and Siegel your threats about mechanics being fired and the company not wanting to negotiate with the IAM.

You need to seek professional help, I am very concerned for the safety of our passengers as you are the PIC of a A320 plane.

And please tell me how the company is going to win an abritration case when the overwhelming evidence shows it is IAM covered work and the company knows it?

Even TWO federal judges told the company the are wrong on the scope language issue and the work is IAM covered work, so now you know more then federal judges and attorneys?

So you are smarter then Judge Cindrich and Judge Smith now?

So tell me why are mechanics gonna get fired? Boy I think I need to inform the company of your zero tolerance threats and violations.

700UW:

With a competitive cost structure, US Airways will regain access to the capital markets and then be able to replace the Boeing aircraft.

The company has 60 A320 family aircraft that can be obtained in short-order (which has been briefed to ALPA), 24 used and 36 new (after new labor accords are in place). In addition, there have been negotiations with the company and Embraer about the EMB-190/195 and there is the current order for 29 Airbus aircraft, including A330-200s, A321s, and A320s.

The hand writing is on the wall and it’s sad, but it may be to late for the IAM. In my opinion, if the company wins the A320 overhaul grievance, which is likely, than it will definitely be to late for the IAM. There is a significant amount of risk for our mechanics going forward, if the company will even negotiate with the IAM.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Back