Us Airways Names James Schear Restructuring Vp

I think there may be a huge disconnect between Bronner and Lakefield. Lakefield continues to run the company with a seemingly blind eye to the chairman's threat of liquidation.

I suspect that Lakefield hired Schear under his "Liquidation is not being considered" mindset, even though his boss, Bronner, has specificly said it is being considered.

Having said that, I agree, this company needs an operations guy, and based on the positive reviews I have read, maybe Schear is the guy... However, it falls in the "too-little-too-late" category for me.

If Lakefield and Bronner are working together, in a good-cop-bad-cop kind of way, then I would think that Schear was brought in to try and keep a lid on things while BK and possibly liquidation begin. Since Labor seems to like the guy, and he is a former US Airways pilot, I just have to believe there is an ulterior motive than "VP of Restructuring." Maybe replace the current COO? Maybe help along the ALPA negotiations... something, but I don't know what.

Either way, I don't see it as a vote of confidence.

NEW VP????

RESTUCTURE WHAT??????????????????Un-friggen-belivable!

Not on my dime!!!!

What they hey, what does Bruce Lakefield actually do besides play golf, smoke Cigars iwth Dr. Bonehead, and make schizophrenic-like messages every Friday on a voice phone recording?

THIS COMPANY HAS MONEY TO BURN!

diogenes said:
It's about time an operator was brought in.

Will he have the portfolio to look at the board, and say, "we can transform this company, with less pain to the employees?"

Time will tell.

And, for the man to establish some creds, I'd like to see some top-flight deadwood excised, like, YESTERDAY.
[post="175682"][/post]​

I need someone to tell us why the rest of the "dead woods" still remains? If Schear is suppose to be the "savior"...what exactly is lakefield, ashby's purpose?

Does this BOD think that if they keep changing the helm that labor will concede to be masacred?

Dead wood: Off the top, mx pushing back airplaines, 4+ rampers meeting the a/c, and not one able to drive the jetway. How bout the crew not able to help clean the a/c in a iam station to get the flight out on time. Not being able to park an a/c because it's not "my"gate, and unload it as well. etc,etc.
Everybody badmouths PHL, but I'll tell you, fix the above problems in PHL and you'll see a big inprovement.

The new vp. They put him too low. He should be just below the CEO.

Atlantic said:
Dead wood: Off the top, mx pushing back airplaines, 4+ rampers meeting the a/c, and not one able to drive the jetway.
[post="175792"][/post]​

No maint to push back in my station, rampers only. I think there are supposed to be a couple cities doing this, but maint issues take precedence. Will defer to maint/ramp agents to address just how much of this takes place since the last set of givebacks.
AFAIK, our rampers only have 3 to a team in my station (4 maybe if the lead stops by if they arent helping with another flt).
We tried the jetway thing with the ramp supvrs with Metrojet. Very often I was at the top of the bridge at the door (security issues) waiting for a jetway to be parked by the lead who was doing other things like working another flt or ???, and since I couldn't touch a Metrojet jetway, very often the customers had to wait. I don't see where this would be a big issue since the agents would have to meet the planes anyway to help with assists/kids, etc and get the paperwork to the crews, etc. Doesnt really seem like a big savings to me. They would be better off starting to unload the bags and let the inside agents deal with the door/jetway, passenger items, etc.
Just reread and decided I better keep it on topic, so GO JIMMY!!!

Atlantic said:
Dead wood: Off the top, mx pushing back airplaines, 4+ rampers meeting the a/c, and not one able to drive the jetway. How bout the crew not able to help clean the a/c in a iam station to get the flight out on time. Not being able to park an a/c because it's not "my"gate, and unload it as well. etc,etc.
Everybody badmouths PHL, but I'll tell you, fix the above problems in PHL and you'll see a big inprovement.

The new vp. They put him too low. He should be just below the CEO.
[post="175792"][/post]​

Let me educate you:

US flies into 89 mainline stations, mechanics only push in FIVE.

US flies into 89 mainline stations, utility only cleans on 1st and 2nd shift at EIGHT.

Problem is that the hub, focus stations are iam. And that is where the rub is. And that is that is the 5 or so stations. Yes, the agent has to be there for uams, but that's about it. These stations are where most make thier connections. That's where we have to be at our best! We have to turn the planes, and get the bags to the connecting a/c. ASAP.
Flight plans from the printer is nothing. Me or the f/o can grab it anytime. Haft the time it's not there anyways. Any usually it's not there because the agent is max'ed out with other things. I understand this. But when I ask for the the releace, they stop what thier doing and bring it up. We do have some great agents.

If you really want to help turn a plane, go jump in the lav truck and dump the lavs.

Your contract has protections to ensure your job security, don't knock other work groups for the same.

My boy, 700, has a part time job with Blue. He parks, or does bags, or push backs, jet ways, he's in de-iceing training now. He's the second guy in the cockpit when mx has to taxi the a/c. He dumps the lavs. When he goes to work, he goes to work. The have a break room, with no tv. And right now he's making a little over 10 dollars per hr. He also has his college degree, and all his ratings. Flying part time to build hrs. Knows what he has to do to interview for a pilot position for Blue. He doesn't know what a work rule is.
This is the reality of today.
Could I park a plane during a 2 or 3 hr. break? Don't even have to train me. Drive a truck to pick up a part? Please. Drive a jetway, just show me how. It can't be that hard.
Dump a lave..............naw, don't wan't to do that, but neither do you.

This is not about JetBlue, this is about US.

And I see you have the typical pilot mentality to throw everyone under the bus to save your own hyde.

Why dont you flyboys let Mesa fly everything except the 757/767 and A330 to help save the company?

See it is ok to outsource everyone else as long as you get your own.

And B6 will be having their own problems, unions are making headway in organizing them

I know a US ramper who took a job with them at JFK while on furlough, they made them unload a A320 with a ladder as the beltloader was broken, yep real safe and shows you they don't care about the employees.

And B6 has 5 year employment contracts, and if he chooses to be used and abused then so be it, if it is so great why dont you give up your ALPA contract with US and let them do whatever they want?

Here's where your missing it. This is probably the last shake out of deregulation.
Right now, this is ALL about Blue,SW, ATA, etc. They control the ticket price.
These airlines offer jobs, and pay as such. Now some of these jobs, because of the education and technical training, one could find a career.
I'm not looking to save my own hide. You got me mixed up with some one else.
I'm looking at reality.
doh 1978

700UW said:
This is not about JetBlue, this is about US.

And B6 will be having their own problems, unions are making headway in organizing them
[post="175841"][/post]​

Read this sentence out loud. Was that a slip or what? :lol:

Dont give up your day job.

I meant that they will not be able to use and abuse their employees as they do now.

Hey Atlantic, you did not answer my question.