Us Airways Nears Bankruptcy

Your topic title is a blantant flasehood and I am reporting it!

700UW said:
[post="176915"][/post]​
Come on 700 listen to yourself. “I am going to tell mommy.â€￾

Let him have at it and take a deep breath, the world will still turn.

Svendsen and other pilot leaders blame the four Pennsylvania union representatives for the company's bind, saying the four leaders delayed the negotiating process and refused to let pilots vote on the best offer available -- a 21 percent pay cut and a 50 percent cut in the company's contribution to the pilots' retirement plan.

Best offer???? Woah!

This is the third time around for concessions with labor for those who minds it has slipped away from. I don't think any one can say that labor, specifically the pilots, are not acting in "good faith". They were the first ones at the table, and their first proposal to the co. was well over $200 million. The company just kept uping ALPA's target from that point on....

Nope. If ALPA is having a problem, than we will all experience this lack of balance ind compromise at the table.

No thanks. We all have choices....as all know....it will be BK this weekend, no doubt. Chips will fall where they may (no pun intended).

700UW said:
[post="176915"][/post]​
700, this is in all seriousness, You need to get a grip dude!!!! I think you actually stay up at night worring about 320!!!!! I can recomend a GREAT medication!!!!! :up: Trust me..... they work!!!!!! GOOD DAY!!!!!

Sure the CWA is ready to bring the memberships wages down to $13, an lets not forget the clause that lets the Company " Contract out any/all work that is to thier favor". What Union would even consider bringing this joke of a proposal to a Vote?
Maybe ALPA, but no others.

I don't believe the CWA and the company are even close to putting anything to the membership...I believe the company has been given ideas to save alot of money, and has snubbed their noses at it, if it is not a pay cut...I believe the comnpany has planned all along to do another bankruptcy...the negotiatons are just being stalled by the company, who will file either Chapter 11 or Chapter 7 soon...

The Alabama Retirement System folks are not in this for the long term...don't really want to own an airline...just want to flip their investment to make a profit... and go on to the next company that is finiancally distressed....A golf course...a resort...Apartment buildings...etc....

USA320Pilot said:
Who first reported on this website that US Airways and the AFA and CWA were close to signing a new labor accord?

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
[post="176916"][/post]​

Ohhhh could it be........ SATAN?!?!
1222009churchlady02.jpg

CWA is not close to an agreement. Comapny has not even talked with the CWA since around Aug 11. And this was just the CWA basically telling the company that they were ready to meet again. No word from the company either way since then.

Get a grip, the article says:
"Still, some think a bankruptcy can be avoided. After all, the flight attendants and passenger service workers "are ready to sign now," according to Svendsen, the Charlotte, N.C., pilot representative. "They are just waiting on us." "

Sounds to me like the article is saying they "are ready to sign now"....

No, the article quotes one MEC member as saying they "are ready to sign now" ...

Of course, this same representative has stated that he does not read the company proposals because they are just proposals, so apparently he does not feel the need to stay abreast of developments....

Jim

Im trying to figure out whats misleading? If you disagree with newspaper article who quoted a source, call the paper and the source. No body on here knows exactly where afa and cwa stands including pitbull. Please, read the article again.

Latest posts