US Airways' New Pilot Leader Calls Himself a 'Peacemaker'

OK,

Who's idea was it to start a shuttle between NY and DC. Hint- it's not the obvious choice. Name the airline and the CEO at that time.

I think your wrong. The EAL shuttle started on April 30 1961

They were the first shuttle, my Dad flew electras and Connie's on the shuttle in the 60's

About the time of the Trump merger an article came out in the USair employee paper. Not sure about EAsterns' CEO at the time but I'm sure it was before Borman.
Especially since Borman was an astronaut flying to the moon in 1968 and didn't take over at Eastern until 1975.

That gerbil almost all the way in, good for you.
Dear Mr. Fodase,

I am deeply concerned for your well being and hope that you had no idea about the supposed uses of gerbils prior to the news stories back in the 90's. (I knew nothing of them before the media decided to have some fun at my expense. But I'm rich so I am used to losers inventing news.) It has been many years since I heard about gerbils, and you are the first to bring it back to my mind.

It concerns me that you have a fetish for clowns, gerbils, and maybe goats. I am beginning to think it entirely plausible that you were you the one who thought up Goat Shope's Goat video? Hmmmmm.....

Your projection of happiness, by such means, onto others would normally cause serious reflection, and at the very least a sefl-persevation instinct to keep such a projection secret and to oneself. It appears your mind is eaten up with things much more serious than mere bitterness and hate, but in any case I wish you a full recovery.

Most Sincerely,

Richard Gere :lol:

Reactions: 2 people
I think by the time it's all done the "Peacemaker" may need a "Pacemaker" and not the Piedmont kind either.

Here's a bit of trivia to lighten up the day. When David "Call Me Dave" Siegel was CEO, US Airways was going to change their name back to Piedmont! They wanted the more favorable brand recognition and reputation that Piedmont had coming out of BK#1. It was all but a done deal until it got nixed due to the cost of re-branding a major airline.

Here's another useless bit of trivia along those lines... Early in the US/HP merger, at a crew news session, Parker was asked why they went with the US moniker although HP was the acquiring entity. His response was: "We believe that it is easier to rehabilitate a brand with a bad reputation, than it is to introduce an unknown brand to a new market..." I believe that he did not realize the greater problem that he incurred as a result of that decision was that the front-line employees of US continue to believe that they still work for the original corporation.

Reactions: 2 people
Here's a bit of trivia to lighten up the day. When David "Call Me Dave" Siegel was CEO, US Airways was going to change their name back to Piedmont! They wanted the more favorable brand recognition and reputation that Piedmont had coming out of BK#1. It was all but a done deal until it got nixed due to the cost of re-branding a major airline.

I'm not so sure - Wolfe's rebranding from USAir to US Airways "airline of choice" was not a distant memory like it is now.

They were the first shuttle, my Dad flew electras and Connie's on the shuttle in the 60's

That, or Uncle Ed became CEO long before anyone remembers. :eek: :lol:

Yes that is when the shuttle started but it was proposed to the CAB by Colodny and was awarded it. I think we are both right. I was wrong in that Colodny was not the CEO of Allegheny at that time. Les Barnes was the CEO and I think Ed Colodny had just left the CAB to work for Allegheny.