Us Airways Pilots Offer To Cut Pay By 12.5 Pct

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
US Airways pilots offer to cut pay by 12.5 pct

"This is important. It involves real dollars and cents," said Jack Stephan, a spokesman for pilots at US Airways. "I'm sure there will be further discussions in other areas, but right now this is where we are."

Complete Story

UDSA320Pilot comments: The last thread I started on this topic was hijacked and drifted off of the subject by the "hust say no" crowd, therefore, I have started a new topic in hopes we can discuss the subject.

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot

Merge this topic it was already started

UDSA320Pilot comments: The last thread I started on this topic was hijacked and drifted off of the subject by the "hust say no" crowd, therefore, I have started a new topic in hopes we can discuss the subject.

Don't call me "hust" it is "just"

Instead of just posting why don't you check first? You were NOT the first to post this story. You are by all means welcome to debate this topic in the other thread.

Waiting in the other thread for you....

And don't forget to check the "Recal Of Phl Reps Fails" its special for you, would hate to see that thread started twice oops I mean thrice.

See Story

/index.php?showtopic=11829

Here's one question I have: How does this proposal differ from the existing agreement in terms of allowing US to implement its Transformation Plan? What does this proposal specifically offer in terms of scheduling, etc. that US cannot already do? Does boosting the monthly work schedule by 5 hours really change all that much? And, why is ALPA resistent to one narrowbody pay schedule and one widebody pay schedule?

This thread has all ready been started, merge it.

Can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen!

Please leave this one open. The other thread has almost nothing to do with the original topic anyway.

USA320Pilot said:
US Airways pilots offer to cut pay by 12.5 pct

"This is important. It involves real dollars and cents," said Jack Stephan, a spokesman for pilots at US Airways. "I'm sure there will be further discussions in other areas, but right now this is where we are."

Complete Story

Respectfully,

USA320Pilot
Why did'nt we offer the 96hr cap with the over flow of pilots to be used to staff additional aircraft. Lowering our CASM?

Also why no mention of returns, stock, options etc....

Preservation of the DC in its current form needs to be addressed as well. Their shouldn't be a difference based upon age, it should be based upon earnings, then it wouldn't be such a drain upon everybody's W2.....

Maybe the guys with the inflated DC plans (the ones who get a near match on their salary should take a large(read 12.5%) and the rest of us with just an normal company contribution a little less.

With no scheduled raises for 4yrs, I hope the company and wallstreet appreciate that fact.

I believe this will save the pilot contract going into BK#2, I'll be surprised if anyother unions participate to this degree....

My take is ALPA realizes they are in a no-win situation. Keeping the company alive is in the best interests of the pilots, even if that means working for far reduced wages and benefits. And, by "reduced", pilots will still make six figures in many cases, which isn't exactly a low wage. Everyone else is already making so little, so I can understand the resistence.

The pilots are a bunch of over paid cry babies. They don't have any transferable skills, so they're going to cave. If they had the cajons, they would force management to find other ways to increase revenue rather than keeping revenue the same and just trying to take it out of the hides of the employees.

Borescope said:
The pilots are a bunch of over paid cry babies. They don't have any transferable skills, so they're going to cave. If they had the cajons, they would force management to find other ways to increase revenue rather than keeping revenue the same and just trying to take it out of the hides of the employees.
I agree with you with exception that most pilots don't have transferable skills. I think it is more the fact that the most junior pilot at UAIR is over 40 and most are over 50. It is hard to walk away and start over if you are 50. However, you are right, they will cave again, and again, and again.

Relatively compared, the pilots will come out smelling like roses compared to other work groups . . . and ESPECIALLY the Captains. The Captains have at least another $50k before it hits the real pain threshold. No wonder senior captains are lobbying so strongly for other employees to take the gaspipe. Senior captains get cuts and bruises while everybody else gets a sucking chest wound.

Latest posts