US Airways passengers stranded in Charlotte

SparrowHawk

Veteran
Nov 30, 2009
US Airways passengers stranded in Charlotte
Posted on June 25, 2011 at 5:57 PM

Updated today at 9:32 PM

CHARLOTTE, N.C. – A number of U.S. Airways passengers have been stuck in Charlotte.

NewsChannel 36 received numerous calls on Saturday from people and many of them have the same story. They tell us they boarded their plane as usual and it taxied out to the runway. Then the plane’s power shut off. According to passengers, they were taken off their flight and sent to another plane. Then the very same thing happened again. Passengers say their flights were cancelled and they were given vouchers to stay the night in a Charlotte hotel.

NewsChannel 36 has made calls to U.S. Airways to find out what’s going on. We’re waiting for an airline official to return our call.

Anyone know what's going on?

Inept management, the east pilots are making a statement and Dug is afraid to do anything about it.

Yawn... "you reap what you sow"

Best wishes Dug!
Doug and company are lightyears ahead of these usapa idiots. They're letting the "give them enough rope to hang themselves" procedure play out. And uscaba, in their traditionally chronic state of illusion and myopia can't see it.

Reactions: 4 people
Doug and company are lightyears ahead of these usapa idiots. They're letting the "give them enough rope to hang themselves" procedure play out. And uscaba, in their traditionally chronic state of illusion and myopia can't see it.

Is this the pilots thread???? NO!

Reactions: 2 people
Is this the pilots thread???? NO!
No. However YOU asked what was going on in CLT. What is going on is the most thinly veiled ILLEGAL job action in the history of transportation. As a paying customer, one would think you'd want to be aware of that....unless you don't care how late your flight arrives to it's destination....if ever that is.

Personally, I wouldnt take any chances with us air. The maniacs are being allowed to run the asylum for now. Just a simple fact. Do what you want. I personally don't care how miserable your travels become.

Bon Voyage.

Reactions: 7 people
No. However YOU asked what was going on in CLT. What is going on is the most thinly veiled ILLEGAL job action in the history of transportation. As a paying customer, one would think you'd want to be aware of that....unless you don't care how late your flight arrives to it's destination....if ever that is.

Personally, I wouldnt take any chances with us air. The maniacs are being allowed to run the asylum for now. Just a simple fact. Do what you want. I personally don't care how miserable your travels become.

Bon Voyage.

Nor do I care how miserable your pay is. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

" thinly veiled ILLEGAL job action" - Wait until you see how many laws Jerry Glass breaks in the process of breaking USAPA because you're not united.

I also seem to recall that United Airlines "Summer of Hell" was a pretty effective tool in bringing the company to the table. Could it be that you're agitated be because if whatever is going on brings the company to the table USAPA might somehow get the drop on the West pilot group?

Reactions: 3 people
Just wondering, is it due to a union issue?

I remember in '08, the East was going to have a massive call in sick day. Unfortunately US placed pilots in key locations so service wouldn't be disrupted. Realizing this, USUCKER warned the pilots not to call in :rolleyes:

is this anthr way they screw pax--in my station they were putting too much fuel on the b-734s and then weight restricting our out bound flights yet we had numerous military bags half of which were hvy tagged. calls to clp/dispatcher help little bit but still got close to the limitations

I also seem to recall that United Airlines "Summer of Hell" was a pretty effective tool in bringing the company to the table. Could it be that you're agitated be because if whatever is going on brings the company to the table USAPA might somehow get the drop on the West pilot group?
UA did give payraises and then turned around and filed for BK as soon as they couldn't pay the raises they had "promised".

They file bankrupisty because of pilot pay raises ?

It has been awhile, but from what I recall pre-bankruptcy, UA wages and benefits were around $7 BILLION annually with the B777 captains in excess of $300K. Total Revenues in 2002, the year they filed bankruptcy was about $14 BILLION, so half of the revenues went to wages and benefits, which is usually unsustainable for any large business. I think the CEO at the time was making around $7 million, so that did not push the company into Chapter 11.

So Reviews Jester.

Reactions: 1 person
is this anthr way they screw pax--in my station they were putting too much fuel on the b-734s and then weight restricting our out bound flights yet we had numerous military bags half of which were hvy tagged. calls to clp/dispatcher help little bit but still got close to the limitations

talk to the dispatchers regarding that one.....something about a t/a or some sorts.

Seems Mgmt figures 20% below peer airlines is good enough for their employees, and the experience they bring.

You get what you pay for.....'nomsayin???

It has been awhile, but from what I recall pre-bankruptcy, UA wages and benefits were around $7 BILLION annually with the B777 captains in excess of $300K. Total Revenues in 2002, the year they filed bankruptcy was about $14 BILLION, so half of the revenues went to wages and benefits, which is usually unsustainable for any large business. I think the CEO at the time was making around $7 million, so that did not push the company into Chapter 11.

So Reviews Jester.
Jester.

The pilots were underpaid at $300,000 , the CEO should have been making a good deal less than 7 million. He was the captain of the airline that went into bk. He should have gone down with the ship. In fact he should have commited sepaku but he did not have the guts,same with most CEO's.

Bob

Reactions: 3 people
Jester.

The pilots were underpaid at $300,000 , the CEO should have been making a good deal less than 7 million. He was the captain of the airline that went into bk. He should have gone down with the ship. In fact he should have commited sepaku but he did not have the guts,same with most CEO's.

Bob

Pay the CEO and the entire management team ZERO and it might have forestalled the bankruptcy filing by one day, as we are talking about around .1% of the total labor costs. No airline executive is going to commit seppuku with a jet engine fan blade as bankruptcy allows a financial re-birth without actually having to die.

So Calculates Jester.

Latest posts