US Airways passengers stranded in Charlotte

Somehow, the country gets along with just one. :D

Can someone come up with a list of titles/divisions for these 35. OK, I can one for each major division in the company. But 35? How does this number compare with other major carriers? All of which are larger. I can see how DL, with 724 planes and 247 mainline (source: wiki) destinations on six continents might need quite a few.

A while ago there was an org chart floating around cyberspace. I'm not sure who generated it, but perhaps somebody could dig up a current one.

35 VP's is nothing. You should see how many VP's my company has. Too many bureaucrats running around.

Reactions: 1 person
The last 3 flights I flew US Airways in the last month or so:

#3264- CMH-CLT 7 hour delay (maintenance/total confusion on the pax count that eventually reboarded}
#1615-FLL-CLT Canceled (no reason stated) rerouted out of PBI. (Felt like I was on the "Amazing Race")
#1675 EWR-CLT today- Estimated 4 hour delay + - Maintenance.

Got to love those hunk of junk 737-400's. If the plane holds together and I make it back to CLT, this will be my last flight on this type, and this airline for a long time. I just canceled my flight to LAX later next month (Glad I bought a refundable ticket now) and will be rebooking another carrier.

700UW,

As if I care about your opinion, as usually your interjections are neither relevant or pertinent to the discussion at hand, and your lastest post would be prima facia thereof again. The issue was not about what employees did or did not lose through bankruptcy, but rather the percentages of Executive pay to the total wages and to the total expenses as it relates to bankruptcy re-organizations-- but again, there you go adding another non-sequitur to the discussion.

You do not work for the company anymore, but yet you continue to opine and pontificate about topics and within work groups for which you have never been employed? Maybe you need another hobby?

So Chastises Jester.

Touche' Jester B)

Reactions: 2 people
Somehow, the country gets along with just one. :D

Can someone come up with a list of titles/divisions for these 35. OK, I can one for each major division in the company. But 35? How does this number compare with other major carriers? All of which are larger. I can see how DL, with 724 planes and 247 mainline (source: wiki) destinations on six continents might need quite a few.

I once asked why airlines have so many VPs? The response was that if you have a sea of money you need sponges to absorb the money. VPs are free money sponges from what I understand :lol:

#3264- CMH-CLT 7 hour delay (maintenance/total confusion on the pax count that eventually reboarded}
#1615-FLL-CLT Canceled (no reason stated) rerouted out of PBI. (Felt like I was on the "Amazing Race")

Got to love those hunk of junk 737-400's. If the plane holds together and I make it back to CLT, this will be my last flight on this type, and this airline for a long time. I just canceled my flight to LAX later next month (Glad I bought a refundable ticket now) and will be rebooking another carrier.

737's are our best performing fleet (Well not counting the E190s)!

This airline is a bit short of pilots and tends to put off fixing things for as long as possible. I guess the thought is if you can put off spending some money this quarter thefinancial results will look better however it tends to catch up to you eventually. It is a very shortsighted way to run an airline but then again this airline is only being run on a short term basis......until the next deal where management will bail with a ****load of cash and leave the employees to clean up the mess.

Regards,

Bob

This airline is a bit short of pilots and tends to put off fixing things for as long as possible. I guess the thought is if you can put off spending some money this quarter thefinancial results will look better however it tends to catch up to you eventually. It is a very shortsighted way to run an airline but then again this airline is only being run on a short term basis......until the next deal where management will bail with a ****load of cash and leave the employees to clean up the mess.

Regards,

Bob

Bob things are happening on the ramp end also. They refuse to hire enough help & we are working short hand. It's biting them in the ...

Bob things are happening on the ramp end also. They refuse to hire enough help & we are working short hand. It's biting them in the ...
I have seen it in all areas and you are right.....it will bite them in the ... Rakesh and Steve used to do the same thing, they would staff the airline to make it work well and then reduce staffing to the point that it ran well on a perfect day and on a bad day it fell apart. At one point it really bothered me but now if I can't get something we need and we are off gate and getting paid they I look at it as a bonus....every minute that ticks by is more money.

Regards,

Bob

At one point it really bothered me but now if I can't get something we need and we are off gate and getting paid they I look at it as a bonus....every minute that ticks by is more money.

Regards,

Bob

Nothing wrong with that, my friend. You need all that you can get at this point!