US Airways Pride!

US Oringinal

Advanced
Jun 24, 2008
Yesterday's event on flight 1549 have left me in complete AWE of my CLT-based colleagues!!

And it illustrates why I'm proud to work for US Airways--my coworkers represent the most professional, dedicated, hard-working employees in the industry--despite how we are treated by TEMPE!

I've been here 25 years--through 2 BKS, 5 mergers, 4 different mangement teams, some very difficult, lean years(including those now) and unfortunately lost some friends in previous airline crashes here.....

BUT FOR TODAY--I AM PROUD TO CALL MYSELF A US AIRWAYS FLIGHT ATTENDANT.....

Our flight crews are the best in the business!!!!!!!!!

It was a big range of emotions for me yesterday.
Initial shock and horror, followed by some selfish thoughts about having to work in the coming weeks with that cloud over everyone.
Followed quickly by relief, joy and an immense pride at the skill and professionalism showed by the crew. I even give the pax a lot of credit. (Except the lady that took her bag with her).
Sometimes in a catastrophe a bunch of little things have to go wrong to cascade into a disaster. Yesterday a bunch of things all had to go absolutely right for this improbable outcome. I still wouldn’t believe it if I hadn’t seen it.

I just want to say that i am so proud of being a USAirways F/A today. The herioc acts of the crew of flight 1549 is nothing short of extra ordinary. I still get emotional just thinking about the bravery this crew showed.I will wear my F/A uniform with pride on my next trip and future trips . Hopefully this incident will bring the USAirways family closer together .Both east and west. We ARE ALL USAirways. A great airline with great employees who care about our customer and about each other. I also applaud our inlfight trainers for giving us the tools day in and day out to handle these types of situations. And to our wonderful pilots all over the system. Every day our passengers and cabin crew put our lives in your hands to take us safely where we need to be. Yesterday showed us that you guys are truly professionals. I truly am proud to have you men and woman as my front end crew anytime..

I too am proud to have been a US employee--both east and west--and today I wore my DO CREW shirt with an American Flag to honor all of US employees. We are all still family and have the same drop in the pit of our stomachs when we hear something went wrong. This brought back Pittsburgh flt and 9/11 so much. The feelings are still there. WELL DONE GOOD AND FAITHFUL SURVENTS THE USAIRWAYS CREW.

This topic is about being proud to be at US after yesterday's events.

What side anyone came from is irrelevant, and will be deleted from this thread.

On the hotel van this morning at 0430, a passenger asked "who did we worked for?" I said in my normally muffled voice, holding my head low, "USAirways", and she said "oh" and smiled and looked like she was impressed...that was a first. The flight attendants reported that customers were very cooperative (paying attention to the saftey brief) and nice over the last couple of days. It was a nice change.

The truth is, you train your whole career for an incident that you pray will never happen. But you go to work each day with the resolve that no matter what happens, you will be in control of your aircraft and your crew. While the actions of the US 1549 crew this week were nothing short of heroic, it really is a strong display of solid training and excellent operational execution. Sullenberger and crew treated it like another day at the office. Anyone associated with the USAirways name should be proud to wear the flag.

The truth is, you train your whole career for an incident that you pray will never happen. But you go to work each day with the resolve that no matter what happens, you will be in control of your aircraft and your crew. While the actions of the US 1549 crew this week were nothing short of heroic, it really is a strong display of solid training and excellent operational execution. Sullenberger and crew treated it like another day at the office. Anyone associated with the USAirways name should be proud to wear the flag.
you said it all..... im in customer service and yes you cant believe how the customers are interacting with us we are just beside ourselves our company has won many awards over the years ... the good ones.... but no one knows about them.. ive been in this business for 34 years and dont regret a moment with US

You know, I might even get a license plate frame that says US Airways on it and put it on my truck! Maybe it will improve my mileage......LOL.

Seriously, I've always felt that working for an airline is an honorable profession. Its an opportunity to team up with good people and true professionals. But its been durn near impossible to maintain that attitude when nearly all the feedback given is negative. Admittedly some of that negativism is deserved, but there really are a lot more "mini-heroics" occurring every day than what we think. We just don't get to read about them in the press. Until now.......

Certainly we're not all Captain America. But there's a lot more like him than there are like Mr. Magoo around here.

I for one refuse to call it a crash. 155 people walked on, 155 walked off from a water LANDING. Everybody involved did what they were supposed to do and that is something to be very proud of.
Well said, and great perspective.

I for one refuse to call it a crash. 155 people walked on, 155 walked off from a water LANDING. Everybody involved did what they were supposed to do and that is something to be very proud of.

Piney, you have been thrown under the bus countless times for telling the truth. I am glad you stuck around on behalf of the people who work for this company. Your business, your support and your perspective on this board are truely appreciated.

You are absolutely correct in saying this was a water landing and not a crash. The crew made calulated split second decisions and they AVOIDED a crash, landed safely on the Hudson and saved countless lives. Every variable was perfectly aligned and a potential disaster became the most incredible feel good story of the year. I truly believe that we witnessed a miracle. God showed his hand and gave our crew the means to make this miracle happen.