PR - US Airways Receives Single FAA Certification

I worked the first west metal departure using Decs out of my station this morning. Decs worked as advertised, first time and on time. After more than 6 months using QIK, it still can't hold a candle to Sabre. Just think where the airline would be if someone had made the right decision rather than being penny wise and pound foolish. ACARS worked for the crew as well. The look on the Captain's face was priceless when I handed him his release and weather at the gate. Now ACARS can be used for what it was intended. Is ACARS being used for westie crew payroll yet?

LTD

Who cares that we are now on a single FAA certificate? The airline will remain divided until all employee work groups are on a single contract with their respective unions. In otherwords...never. :down:

Didn't work for everyone out west. Couldn't get a PDC out of JFK this morning, however the W & B final came up faster than I thought it would. Decending into LAS we never got an in range acars, had to call up and get the gate assign. Apparently we weren't the only ones. There was a note hanging in the crew room addressing the issue.

For the most part, everything worked out without a hitch, just a few minor problems but overall...very very well today!! It's really a great thing that this part is over. We are now under on certificate, one name, one set of policies and procedures for the most part. Good job everyone.

is everyone on here insane. what is going to make the company negotiate any contract now? The IAM had a chance to stop this with the W/B problem on the west side by taking job responsiblities away and giving no Non-union employees. Get Real people the only ones who won is the company

is everyone on here insane. what is going to make the company negotiate any contract now? The IAM had a chance to stop this with the W/B problem on the west side by taking job responsiblities away and giving no Non-union employees. Get Real people the only ones who won is the company
What are you talking about?

i just told you. What is going to make the company negotiate any contract now? They got what they wanted a single certificate. A grievance was filed out west six months ago to go to expedited arbitration because the company was violating the railway labor act and specific scope provisions in the west contract by removing specific team lead functions and giving the to non-union members in operations on the west side, and giving PIT the oppurtunity to Pre-plan our flights, an old west job function. The IAM sat back and did nothing the company stalled for 6 months and weve go nothing in return. The IAM should have gone to a judge and asked for an injunction of these procedures until the grievance could be hear by an arbitrator. Like the company has done to the union for 18 months on the COC STALL. Wake up people the only thing this company cares about is the stock price.

For the most part, everything worked out without a hitch, just a few minor problems but overall...very very well today!!
West O/T departure performance per flightstats.com (within 15 minutes of schedule):

PHX - 25%
LAS - 25%
HP mainline overall - 32%

Yup - it went very very well indeed......

Jim

While this is certainly a major step and we are now one corporation the groups are so far apart as far as contracts go. This company BEST sit down and hammer out these contracts. You can have every system and policy blended into what looks like ONE company but until we have ONE contract for each union group this company will NEVER succeed. FIX the problem and negotiate FAIR at the table. The f/a group has been negotiating for about 19 months and there has been snails movement over issues that are non economic. WHY? The slacking and dragging of feet will bite this company in the @$$ soon enough. Operationally this place is NOT one. I wish we could be.

The FOS DECS system used to dispatch flights, as well as the FADS system used as a graphical schedule display is a 1970's DOS based system. Simple things, like cancelling flights or swapping aircraft, could be done "point and click" in FliteTrac, and transmit to every other system. Now things have to be done multiple times in multiple systems, using long entires typical of old systems.
Well I guess the feeling is now mutual when you consider QIK. What goes around comes around.

Latest posts