Us Airways Searches For Cash

I think this America West, Republic, Air Wisconsin stuff will move United to make an offer for Usair .... soon.

Yeah.. I thought that might be the case too, but why would HP hang around if felt like it was being used by U to gain leverage with UA? Im sure in private discussions, if this were really the case, HP would have caught on to that by now, I'm sure their Mgmt is at least somewhat savvy. I think yeah, US would have rather had a deal with UA, but ust could not find anyone to help finance it. With HP, I think potential financiers become more intrigued, and realy U BOD's might be pawns at this point with no cash. Their desire to keep U alive in some way shape or form is driving all strategic actions. My guess is thats why U mgmt not leaking anything, they have little or no control over what happens next. They are living on other peoples dime now.

deltawatch said:
I think this America West, Republic, Air Wisconsin stuff will move United to make an offer for Usair .... soon.
[post="262370"][/post]​

And, just how would United finance such an offer? I know, I know. Oh, teacher. Please let me answer! They could cut the pilot, flight attendant, and mechanic pay rates and benefits again. Yeah, that's the ticket!

UAL is in discussions with several investors to get exit financing, but first they have to solve their labor situation.

700UW said:
UAL is in discussions with several investors to get exit financing, but first they have to solve their labor situation.
[post="262397"][/post]​
And that is to have labor "agreements" the same as U.

So let me get this right, U goes and begs money from HP and all the other companies out there. All the U employees think that you should get date of hire at HP if HP buys out U. You think that U will be the surviving entity - even though U is the one begging for money. No wonder U is going out of bx, you all have delusions of granduer. Pass the bong you guys are smoking will ya, its gotta be some good stuff.

Latest posts