US Airways should drop Charlotte to London Gatwick

Status
Not open for further replies.

American6

Jan 15, 2012
US Airways operates regular flights between Charlotte and London Gatwick. But this route should be dropped. Why? Because US Airways flys to London Heathrow too. The airline operates from Philadelphia to there. So the game will be to drop Gatwick and Charlotte to London flights on US Airways would be to Heathrow. All other US carriers had or are relocating from Gatwick to Heathrow. London service won't be eliminated from Charlotte, just shifted to Heathrow. Heathrow is one of the largest airports on the planet is much closer to London than Gatwick.

Reactions: 1 person
ORY is closer to Paris than CDG. Change that too.

And while we are at it, bulldoze the mountains around Mexico City to build a new airport because the current one can't handle private aviation.

I thought we got rid of this kid.

Soon US will be the only US based airline to fly to LGW.

Be stupid to give it up.

Go back to Airline Wiz on your Wii.

Guess they should close CVG since its in KY and not Cincinnati, OH

I thought we got rid of this kid.

Soon US will be the only US based airline to fly to LGW.

Be stupid to give it up.

Go back to Airline Wiz on your Wii.

Guess they should close CVG since its in KY and not Cincinnati, OH
I think he's a regular to this forum being a imposture pretending to be a IDIOT. Justsayin

This has to be the most idiotic thread ever.

1. CLT-LGW/LGW-CLT is a full flight always
2. Great revenue and cargo revenue to CLT
3. There are too many big companies in CLT relying on this flight
4. You don't know anything.

LHR is already congested, and its getting even more busier. Some people actually prefer to go to LGW for many reasons.

Reactions: 2 people
I think we should change the PHL LHR flight back to a PHL LGW flight....after all these year our slot time to LHR is still less than favorable and loads on the old PHL LGW flight were higher and flight used to run with an A333..LHR started with A333 then went to 767 and 757 now we finally at A332, I know LHR has lots of connection options and some people prefer flying there rather than LGW but was spending the money to buy a LHR slot and keeping employees and paying fees at two London airports really worth it for one flight a day to each airport???....even for nonrevs its not very practicall when we have two flights out out of London but you can only try your chances for one so you better be feeling lucky in the airport you choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.