US Airways Stock In Freefall

For you union folks that do not understand economics the idea in stocks is to buy low and sell high.

Is that how it works? Really? Hey, the company is saying that it's employees troubles are costing it big time. Who knows what the low will be.

yeah down from the highs of DOW 12,600... but just because the dow is down to around 12K.... still as he said LCC is down over 40 Percent in a year.

internal battles of most employee groups... crappy mgmt.... battles with customers,,,, the list goes on and on.....
worst outfit I have ever seen
Some ratings agency's think LCC is a good buy. It might be in the short run. But you have to wonder about the fortunes of a company that has some of the lowest wages coupled with poor labor relations yet exhausts great energy on aircraft taxi speed. Absent some significant event, LCC will fail. In the meantime its producing a nice payout for some. That's the business plan - pick it clean while you can. Or sell it.

Time to buy that was the bottom.

I hope so, and I hope you make money on it. I want to see the company succeed, just don't have much faith in it's leaders anymore.

Anyone know our average fuel cost for the year? I saw a list of US/Canadian fuel hedges the other day and except for Alaska, the others fuel cost seemed high.

I personally feel like the U.S. economy and the stock market is on the precipice of a free fall. I am not buying any stock -- LCC or otherwise -- outside of my 401K which I cannot even tough for almost 20 years -- until I sense that we are in a true recovery. (We are not in a recovery, by the way.....despite what the so-called "experts" are saying. Just take a look around you and make your own determination.)

For those of you who have the time to monitor the daily ups and downs of LCC and have an appetite for risk, good luck to you. I'd rather spend my discretionary income flying LCC than investing in (or shorting) it right now. ;) That will help you guys out more.

I personally feel like the U.S. economy and the stock market is on the precipice of a free fall.
QE1 and QE2 inflated the market and gave the illusion that the economy was improving. In truth, it didn't do anything to fix the economy and all of the underlying problems are still there.

US Airways' declaration to the court indicates the Union has cost the company about $36 million, which could be the number US Airways seeks from the union and its East members (the West pilots have a Section 19 contract clause that prevents them from being liable).

With the case now on the fast-track the Judge assigned to the case will make the determination on whether or not USAPA's action constitutes an illegal job action and is a Status Quo violation of the RLA. If the Judge decies a violation has occured then an injunction will be issued.

At this point US Airways has two options: do nothing for now or file a petition for reimbursement for damages suffered to date.

On another message board a person said, "In the AA case, the Company initially did not ask for damages but when the pilots staged a sick-out, it went back to court and the Judge issued a temporary $10 million fine on AA which he later turned into a $45.5 million permanent one. In addition he fined the Union President $10,000 and the VP $5,000."

If an injunction is ordered, which after reading all 26 documents filed by the Plaintiff will occur, I believe USAPA has two options: Play nice and settle with the Company or continue their current course. If USAPA continues its current course the company could go back to court and seek damages, they can immediately start terminating pilots and union officials on the spot, and probably take other actions.

Furthermore, a colleague said, "an injunction remains valid until a contract has been negotiated. Which means that between now and then, every time there is something that seems like a slowdown, the Company will be dragging USAPA into court."

Personally, I believe USAPA and its East pilot supporters are in trouble.

QE1 and QE2 inflated the market and gave the illusion that the economy was improving. In truth, it didn't do anything to fix the economy and all of the underlying problems are still there.

...which is exactly why QE3 is likely to happen. :rolleyes:

I don't care how much money there is to potentially be made on LCC stock. I think I'll sit this one out, and keep hoarding my cash so that I can bottom fish when Armageddon happens. My fear is so much more powerful of a motivator than my greed. :lol:

US Airways' declaration to the court indicates the Union has cost the company about $36 million, which could be the number US Airways seeks from the union and its East members (the West pilots have a Section 19 contract clause that prevents them from being liable).

With the case now on the fast-track the Judge assigned to the case will make the determination on whether or not USAPA's action constitutes an illegal job action and is a Status Quo violation of the RLA. If the Judge decies a violation has occured then an injunction will be issued.

At this point US Airways has two options: do nothing for now or file a petition for reimbursement for damages suffered to date.

On another message board a person said, "In the AA case, the Company initially did not ask for damages but when the pilots staged a sick-out, it went back to court and the Judge issued a temporary $10 million fine on AA which he later turned into a $45.5 million permanent one. In addition he fined the Union President $10,000 and the VP $5,000."

If an injunction is ordered, which after reading all 26 documents filed by the Plaintiff will occur, I believe USAPA has two options: Play nice and settle with the Company or continue their current course. If USAPA continues its current course the company could go back to court and seek damages, they can immediately start terminating pilots and union officials on the spot, and probably take other actions.

Furthermore, a colleague said, "an injunction remains valid until a contract has been negotiated. Which means that between now and then, every time there is something that seems like a slowdown, the Company will be dragging USAPA into court."

Yea....shaking in our boots...for sure!!!

NICDOA
NPJB

This, from someone who reiterated "It's a done deal" in 2001.

This is a different group sir. After the CLT training department nicely said pack sand to Isom last week, I think (I hope) maybe Mr. Parker has taken on something he may regret.

Scheduled arrival plus 15 gets easier and easier. Heck, at least 90% of the time any delay is company self-inflicted.

Sorry to the west crew who were delayed 25 minutes from pushing for PHX last week. Your protests on the radio were duly recorded. Pretty juvenile, at best.

on-board

Latest posts

Back