Us Airways Strategic Analysis

USA320Pilot said:
I do not read most posts on this forum and just caught your question.
[post="266992"][/post]​

You are such a liar. And I will say that right here instead of sending you PM's, like the those you send me.

You want people to believe you don't read the posts here, so you can conveniently avoid answering questions posed to you. Nice try, sparky.

Yeah, so we are to believe that when you don't answer a question it is because you didn't catch it, yet you never miss a beat when someone posts a contradiction to your speculations and opinions. You do seem to catch EVERY one of those. You even caught my post on a thread about US Air poetry! Remember the thread where every one was laughing at you? :lol: here

How narcissistic it is to rant on and on with your theories, believing what you say is SOOOO important, yet it is of no importance to you at all to read what others have to say. You are an interesting case study my friend.

USA320Pilot said:
Detailed figures released Monday showed that March's gain was outweighed by heavy losses in January and February.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="266972"][/post]​

USA320Pilot said:
In regard to passenger confidence in the aftermath of last weekends “operational meltdownâ€￾ the company has not had a significant effect on passenger bookings, yet. The Monday, December 27 mainline and express passenger bookings were 144,000 and 58,000, respectively. The Tuesday, December 28 mainline and express passenger bookings were 135,000 and 51,000, respectively.

In conclusion, US Airways has some increased costs in passenger “good willâ€￾ and baggage delivery expenses, but the airline has obtained other cost cuts and revenue gains that will offset much of the increased costs and revenue lost.

USA320Pilot
[post="233073"][/post]​

USA320Pilot said:
 US Airways announced today that January bookings are ahead of last year's pace.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="235627"][/post]​

USA320Pilot said:
Airfare wars taking off, Battle heats up as US Airways tries to cool competition, US Airways’ January bookings are ahead of last year's pace

See Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="235663"][/post]​

USA320Pilot said:
I find it interesting that with the labor concessions now in place bookings are much better, revenue is higher, and the liquidation talk has virtually subsided. How can that be?

Best regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="248590"][/post]​

USA320Pilot said:
Heavy Bookings

ARLINGTON (theHub.com) - Almost 144,000 customers are booked on US Airways mainline today, and another 62,000 are expected to travel with US Airways Express. Adding US Airways Shuttle’s 8,000 customers and MidAtlantic’s 7,000, over 221,000 customers are scheduled to fly us today to begin the President’s Day holiday weekend.

President's Day typically marks the start of peak season to Florida and the Caribbean. And this year, for US Airways, to Latin America.

Today also marks a record day in the number of customers scheduled to travel from Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport. Due to increased seating capacity, Washington today will board close to 15,000 customers. This compares to the more than 12,000 customers who flew during Thanksgiving out of Washington.

In the Charlotte hub, employees will board almost 46,000 customers today. This will result in an 80.9 percent load factor overall for the station, including both US Airways and US Airways Express.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="248938"][/post]​

Ummm... There was no strategic analysis in this thread whatsoever. Rather, a bunch of current articles and re-hashing of history.

I guess there is no strategy?

Sure there is . . .

1. Run the airline into the ground over 10 years.
2. Indebt the company so severely that your creditors won't dare allow you to die.
3. Break the employee unions.
4. Put enough lipstick on to make someone want parts of the operation. Try to sell it.

oh, and yea . . .

5. Siphon off as much money as you can in the forms of high compensation, payouts, bonuses, severance, and lump-sum "retirement" payoffs.

He is such an easy target. Almost as easy as the U pilots that the management has come to know and love.

I try to ignore his posts but find myself constantly amazed and amused by his ego and level of intelligence. Kind of like trying to ignore the car wreck you pass on the highway. You know there is no good reason to slow down and look but you're afraid you might miss something if you don't. In a strange way I feel sorry for him. Then I remember how he helps management degrade the profession.

I wonder if he really believes the stuff he writes?

mr

Industrywide, the plan for any airline hasn't changed since the last one of his brainwashings......survive long enough for someone else to go out of business. His game is quite amusing though....

US Airways Posts $65 million Net Income For March

ARLINGTON (Dow Jones) - US Airways Group Inc. said Friday that it posted net income of $65.1 million for March, according to a regulatory filing made with the Securities and Exchange Commission.

In a Form 8-K filed with the SEC, the airline reported March operating income of $19.3 million that reflected a rise in fuel costs in March to $139.5 million.

In February, US Airways reported a net loss of $119.2 million that included $8.2 million in reorganization costs.

The Arlington, Va.-based airline said its monthly operating revenue rose to $643.7 million in March, up from $506 million the month before.

According to the filing, the company has reversed a gain of $766 million reported in its January operating report pending resolution of claims filed by the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp. regarding termination of the company's pension plans.

US Airways filed for Chapter 11 in September 2004 with the U.S. Bankruptcy Court in Alexandria, Va.

USA320Pilot comments: The fact is that the ALPA's RC4 made decisions against the advice of every key ALPA financial and legal advisor, every ALPA National official, every MEC Officer, and two-thirds of the MEC Reps. Then every other union except the TWU units followed the RC4s path and all took labor cuts deeper than the "ask". I believe an effective union leader gets the best deal possible for their members, which clearly did not occur here.

The labor resistance and S.1113 process was the most damaging action of any US Airways employee, including management mistakes, and nearly caused the collapse of the company due to serious revenue depression early this year. Following the implementation of the new contracts and a concerted effort by many employees, who for example volunteered to work in PHL, CLT, DCA and other stations on their own time, saved the company over the New Years Holiday. This is an example of the silent majority rising up over the objections of the vocal majority because these people want to see the airline survive.

The fruits of their efforts were realized in March, where with help of the Easter shift from April, helped the company post a net and operating profit during a month where crude oil and jet fuel prices were at or near record highs.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

[ The labor resistance and S.1113 process was the most damaging action of any US Airways employee, including management mistakes, and nearly caused the collapse of the company due to serious revenue depression early this year. Following the implementation of the new contracts and a concerted effort by many employees, who for example volunteered to work in PHL, CLT, DCA and other stations on their own time, saved the company over the New Years Holiday. This is an example of the silent majority rising up over the objections of the vocal majority because these people want to see the airline survive.

I have been contacted by a reliable source in mangement.. you will be provided with a plastic sheet for your bed for every layover hotel you stay in. Greeter.

Winglet said:
Sure there is . . .

oh, and yea . . .

5. Siphon off as much money as you can in the forms of high compensation, payouts, bonuses, severance, and lump-sum "retirement" payoffs.
[post="267114"][/post]​

Don't you recognize attracting and retaining "talent"?

USA320Pilot said:
US Airways Posts $65 million Net Income For March

The fruits of their efforts were realized in March, where with help of the Easter shift from April, helped the company post a net and operating profit during a month where crude oil and jet fuel prices were at or near record highs.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="267243"][/post]​

While the operating profit of $19 million is good to see, there would have been a fairly large net loss had there not been non-cash "income" of $76.5 million under "Reorganization Items - Net".

As you said about another "non-cash" item:

USA320Pilot said:
The accounting change due to the termination of the DB Plans is a paper loss and does not effect the company's cash position.
[post="266518"][/post]​

During the ALPA contract negotiations the advisors warned the MEC that every company proposal would get worse, which in fact did occur. Then the other unions except the TWU units ended up giving an incrementally higher concession as time wore on.

This union posture hurt the company as passengers began booking away from the airline, which was the single most important factor that contributed to the January and February loss.

The same thing is happening at United, as passengers are "booking away" from the Chicago-based airline.

See Story

The purpose of a union is to get the best deal possible. It's not to go against the advice of every advisor, every official, and the majority of the leadership to give a concession greater than the "ask" and to hurt the company in the process.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
The purpose of a union is to get the best deal possible. It's not to go against the advice of every advisor, every official, and the majority of the leadership to give a concession greater than the "ask" and to hurt the company in the process.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="267459"][/post]​

In other words, become invertebrates. I mean, why have a union when there are so many pussy wussy pilots out there? No wonder the whole profession has gone to hell.

Latest posts