Us Airways To Move N.c. Jobs To Arizona

Charlotte Business Journal - 5:30 PM EDT Wednesday
US Airways to move N.C. jobs to Arizona

US Airways Group Inc. will relocate about 70 jobs from Winston-Salem to Arizona, the airline's new headquarters following its recent merger with America West Group Holdings Corp.

The move will combine the two airlines' customer-relations departments, which handle complaints.

Affected employees will be offered relocation packages to move to Tempe, Ariz. Those who decide not to move will be offered severance packages.

US Airways, which operates one of its largest hubs at Charlotte/Douglas International Airport, completed its $1.5 billion merger with America West in late September. The consolidated company (NYSE:LCC) took the US Airways name

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/stori...html?from_rss=1

I think that this was expected all along...and should not be a surprise to anyone.

There are some wonderful professionals in Consumer Affairs, led by Ms. Deborah Thompson, for whom I have the utmost respect and admiration. I hope that some of her colleagues and managers choose to stay with the company.

My best to you all....

Has anyone heard what US plans to do with the last bits of operations left here in Pittsburgh. I have heard no public comment regaurding the offices out in RIDC park (excluding OCC) ie.. Res Training and Development, ATO help desk, Procedures ect.. ??

OCC at RIDC has about 804 employees in Pittsburgh. There was discussion to closing RIDC OCC and moving that opeation to Tempe. I heard that this will be a phase in process by 2007. I know that TWU was asking the management for a direct response on when and how....and there is no definite response from managment.

Probably one of those, "I'll let you know when you need to know"...and that is at the last second.

Has anyone heard what US plans to do with the last bits of operations left here in Pittsburgh. I have heard no public comment regaurding the offices out in RIDC park (excluding OCC) ie.. Res Training and Development, ATO help desk, Procedures ect.. ??

I heard that the lease is up in March 2007 on RIDC...

Back