US CP 1st Time on HP Metal

While we are on the subject of HP manifests, do any of the FAs on here actually use the long prelim report for anything? I understand you might use the FC section and if there were a way to condense it, the assist section, but do you really need to know who checked in at home, who had their agency advised of a debit memo and all the other "stuff" printed on there? It seems like a waste of paper to me, especially on a full 757. We used to print out the name lists for Metrojets (not sure why now), but how often are there dupe seats that can be worked out from the manifest anyway? Anyone who checked in and changed seats after its pulled isnt going to show right and its useless then. Just curious if anyone uses it and what for. Maybe a suggestion is in the works! ;)
Hey all, been away for a bit intergrating, but anyway. Remember they are mixing two IT systems into one, so the things will happen, but slowly. Also remember that they are going to switch over to Shares in under a year, so there will be hiccups here and there.
I can tell you there are some very interesting things going on and both US/E and US/W are excited about it in our station.
The prelim. What a pain in the blank! The issue is all the web check-ins show on the prelim as a SSR/MODS but we are trying to get that removed. Also the GGold/Plat and all is being worked on too, baby steps.
Security info, yes and no. Is there security info on them, yes, is it where the F/C FA is getting their F/C cust names? No. Most FA take the FC list and seperate it from the rest of the prelim and use that only. The only thing, if anything the FA that uses just the list is violating is the Company Privacy Policy, but please! That is not an issue.

The upgrade process right now, since we are still 2 airlines (technically speaking) is really skewed.
  • If you are on an HP flight number, operated by US, then you upgrade via HP.
  • If you are on an HP flight number, operated by HP, then you upgade via HP.
  • If you are on a US flight number, operated by HP, then you upgade via US.
  • If you are on a US flight number, operated by US, then you upgrade via US.
so, short story is, who's ever FLIGHT NUMBER is printed on your intinerary, no matter who operates the aircraft, that is the company you call about an upgrade.

this has been incrediblly hard to get out to the workforce, espcially those US international call centers, so ALOT of misinformation is out there.

Just yesterday I called the US CP line to see about getting seats and on the upgrade list for a HP operated US flight. US said they couldn't do anything, and transferred me to HP. HP gave me exit row seats, and also told me to call them (not US) back six days out to check on the upgrades. I spoke with great people at both places, but there's obviously a lot of confusion.

I don't think any passenger should be looking at the airline manifest as there is PRIVATE info and security info on these. Most f/a's are guilty of leaving it visible when they shouldn't. This is not an "attack" on anyone, just how I feel and I believe the airline should protect this info as well.
I absolutely agree! The flight manifest should be considered a guarded piece of information by ground staff and f/a's and NO pax has ANY BUSINESS having access to the document. If the information wasn't sensitive it wouldn't be issued.......save a tree and the electricity to run the printer.

Just yesterday I called the US CP line to see about getting seats and on the upgrade list for a HP operated US flight. US said they couldn't do anything, and transferred me to HP. HP gave me exit row seats, and also told me to call them (not US) back six days out to check on the upgrades. I spoke with great people at both places, but there's obviously a lot of confusion.

Call just after the 7 day window--upgrades are NOT automatic, but they will do them for you when you call.

My experience has been good so far--although US FF or status NEVER prints on the boarding pass, either online or at the airport.

Now here's the $64 question--does anyone know how long it takes for HP flights to post to DM accounts?

Latest posts