us,dal,&nw joining forces

etops1

Veteran
Dec 6, 2003
this is just my specualtion and my opinion only. i truly beleive that if usairways is succesfull in aquiring delta . doug parker will pursue northwest airlines. in doing this he has eruope ,south america, the carribean, and asia. truly becoming the largest airline. would the doj nix it? who knows but there is no overlap with it. you might say then why not just go after nw?. well in going after delta you eliminate a competitor and you have acces to the european market and wide body a/c you could not achieve on your own. now, by getting dal you have accsess to that and then going after nw you get the asia routes. i think the 2 dougies have already been talking. remember parker use to work for nw . i swear i would not put it past them. this is just my opinion and my speculation. i could be totally wrong. beleive me stranger things have happened.
now reply and please be nice boys and girls.
p:s. remember parker wants this dal deal to be done quickly while they are still in chapt 11 . nw has not set a date yet to emerge from chapt 11 so while parker gets dal. nw is still in bk and he jumps at them.also nw ommited their disclosure statement from there por. trust me, i am not smoking anything. this is what happens when you sit in phl on rsv . your mind mind starts wandwering lol.
:lol:

--------------------

--------------------

i approve this message

i think someone needs to loosen his vest so that the blood can start flowing back to his brain

Maybe it's not such a crazy idea.

Consider combining US/DL/NW and then breaking up into two diversified and efficient airlines.

Each airline could have multiple well positioned hubs, a Northeast shuttle, flights to Europe, Asia, Central/South America and of course good coverage of North America. This might keep anti trust issues to a minimum.

Maybe the two airlines could even create a new Frequent Flier Alliance.

One airline would be an all Airbus carrier retaining existing Airbus orders, the other an all Boeing carrier retaining existing Boeing orders.

Debt could be assigned proportionally.

The difficult issue would be how to deal with personnel placement.

Discuss and comment.

B)

Maybe they will also merge with Aeroflot. That will really help the intra-Asian routes.

How about DL/NW and CO/US?
or DL/NW/CO and US/AA with UA left out?
or UA/US and AA/NW and DL/CO?

Who knows how it will happen .... :D

BusinessWeek Online
US Airways Is The Ticket
Friday January 19

With everything that's going on in airlines, how do you play them? US Airways is the way to go, argue some pros. On Jan. 10 the company raised its bid for Delta Air Lines to $10.5 billion. Delta, which had spurned an earlier US Air offer, wants instead to merge with Northwest Airlines also in bankruptcy. The Street isn't optimistic that US Air will win out because Delta management and labor are so hostile toward US Air. No matter. "With or without Delta, US Airways will be a winner," says Vince Carrino, president of Brookhaven Capital Management, which owns shares. "If it fails to win Delta, US Air itself will be a target," he believes. Its assets, particularly its extensive domestic routes, should attract the other majors, including American, Continental, and United, says Carrino. Daniel McKenzie of Credit Suisse isn't so sure US Air will be an easy target, but he rates it a "buy," based on valuation alone. It is cheap, he says, so he has raised his 12-month target for the stock, already up from 37 in August to 58.79 on Jan. 17, from 72 to 76. US Airways has other options, he notes, such as buying some Northwest hubs to complement its domestic structure. McKenzie figures earnings will jump to $7.70 a share in 2007 from an estimated $5.59 in 2006, vs. a loss of $5.99 in 2005. Another bull, Ray Neidl of Calyon Securities, has raised his rating from "add" to buy, based on strong demand and stable oil prices. If a merger happens, he says, "it will add momentum" to the stock.

well.... Ive speculated that Parker might hope or expect that after a LCC/DAL combo that parts of NWA may become availble, especially if a NW/Co combo does not happen, because a UA/CO combo does. That's why I've considered Parker's move as a chess move, as well as a sincere desire to own Delta.

I hope it never happens, but US and AA are a good fit (US employees would suffer). AA could move it's RDU biz to CLT and the combined airline would look a lot like Delta. Then UA would have to go for CO's EWR hub in order to get some North South biz. They could move some EWR over crouding to IAD.

Boy, if it plays out like that, Delta's stan-a-lone plan might not be such a good idea?

Maybe it's not such a crazy idea.

Consider combining US/DL/NW and then breaking up into two diversified and efficient airlines.

Each airline could have multiple well positioned hubs, a Northeast shuttle, flights to Europe, Asia, Central/South America and of course good coverage of North America. This might keep anti trust issues to a minimum.

The difficult issue would be how to deal with personnel placement.
Discuss and comment.

B)

Ah, its called monopoly!

The personnel issue is a cake walk compared to pushing something like a triple merger with the DOJ.

But, hey why not U buy the entire industry and goble up all the competition out there???

Pass the pipe, Sparky.

Ah, its called monopoly! The personnel issue is a cake walk compared to pushing something like a triple merger with the DOJ.

But, hey why not U by the entire industry and goble up all the competition out there???

Pass the pipe, Sparky.

The pipe makes all things possible.

Back