Halloween

A few years go DP and his team were the Village People...pretty funny stuff. If can find a picture of that i'll post it.

THAT I'd love to see!

My perspective is entirely different than the West. I prefer the CEO to look and act like a lady or gentlemen. I am not the least bit impressed with a grown man who is tasked with turning around a corporation behaving like the class clown. Once this corporation is making money, then and only then should the CEO act ike a frat boy. Don't forget, we had a CEO who enjoyed costumes and look how succesful we were.

MLT:
LOL, you could walk a lot easier without that big stick up your butt. Im retired US East and think it's a GREAT idea. Businessmen like to have fun too.

Note that CCY is not invited to participate. Guess they don't give a crap about the 500+ employees of US Airways there. Wouldn't want to anyway, but it's nice to be invited. It's not professional at all.

mlt,

Lighten up! You'll live longer! We also had years of CEO's in the solid banker's blue who couldn't help us find a profit. Maybe it's time for a little outside the box thinking.

Having fun and being professional aren't mutually exclusive. :shock:

Dea

My question to the PHX management side is what are you planning for the East side? Where's our party?

I rememeber when Dave Siegel was pretending to be Austin Powers Thougt it was politically correct to be walking around CCY having a good time while U's dedicated employee's were hitting the streets!!! :down: :down:

ChrisUS
What has changed that warrants the adulation of the new CEO? The AW flight attendants still do not have a contract; several of the U flight attendants who elected to take the VFLR with the assurance that their unemployment would not be contested have in fact had the unemployment contested and the company's response is 'grieve it'; the mechanics are subjected to the divide and conquer techniques once again; PHL still does not have the needed equipment; the MAA employees are being royally screwed; but, because a frat boy wants to walk around the office in drag he is the new savior? The employees are once again suffering from the beaten women syndrome that all of us endured under "labor friendly Dave". The employees have given back billions of dollars to enable this corporation to operate. Once he turns a profit he can dress up like the Wizard of OZ for all I care. For the time being he needs to earn my respect and dressing up in drag doesn't make the cut.

The key word in your post is 'retired'. It is easy to sit on the outside and side with management when you do not live the life of the employees. By virtue of your retirement status your comments do not hold water.

By the way, I walk just fine!

ChrisUS
Once he turns a profit he can dress up like the Wizard of OZ for all I care. For the time being he needs to earn my respect and dressing up in drag doesn't make the cut.

All East employees try to understand that AWA Halloween celebration has been going on for at least as long as I've been with the company...4 years. And by the way....We did make a profit (AWA) so DP can dress up any way he likes by your own criteria. Will we make a profit this year? We can address that next year. But for this year let it go. If you read my first post from "Just US" the festivities (as I read them) is open to all employees. Get with your supervisors and managers and see if they will support some sort of whatever the heck it is you want to do (within the company prescribed guildelines). Within our workgroup we've had a pumpkin carving contest, and dressing up in some sort of costume. It's been fun. It's okay.....really.....to have a little fun at work. May be something your not use to...but try it you just might like it. and it will be sure to give you a little more "bounce" in your step while your walking.

I was contemplating dressing up like one of our esteemed management personnel for shits and giggles.....Gangwal, Siegel, Glass,Cohen, Graff and lets not forget "Father Meltdown" Al Crellin......a friend of mine suggested just go as a JACKASS.........the employees will know exactly WHO you are :up:

I was contemplating dressing up like one of our esteemed management personnel for shits and giggles.....Gangwal, Siegel, Glass,Cohen, Graff and lets not forget "Father Meltdown" Al Crellin......a friend of mine suggested just go as a JACKASS.........the employees will know exactly WHO you are :up:
Sometimes you just have to laugh! Thanks.

Glad you got a laugh out of it :p if I didnt laugh at the stupid stunts I saw play out at the East operation over the last couple years, I could have cried enough to create another tsunami.........kudos to Parker and AWA for taking a chance on US........you will see WE are a good group of people for the most part and want this venture to be a success, afterall there is a bundle of (other investors) money riding on it. Was so used to seeing the Idiots running the asylum that when I heard Parker and his Team get the RESPECT from their employees , my prayers are being answered!

I remember when US Airways had a mandatory had to were your jacket all the time policy with the airport agents (Impressions of Excellency) my manager said we could dress up for Halloween like we did every year. I said I was going as a coatless agent. Management xld the Halloween dress up.

How about a grim reaper with an inscription on the blade that reads "I love my job..." He could have a Nazi armband on to give a more fitting look to persona. Who would fit that costume in Tempe today?

I remember when US Airways had a mandatory had to were your jacket all the time policy with the airport agents (Impressions of Excellency) my manager said we could dress up for Halloween like we did every year. I said I was going as a coatless agent. Management xld the Halloween dress up.
TOUCHE', so very true! The former had no sense of humour and never intune with their local communities- something I understand the WEST is all about. As far as the former execs on the EAST being included, why include them in the holiday bash when need to stay BURIED IN THE CRYPT. "Hail to DOUG, the former Bozos of the East are DEAD!" :up:

ChrisUS
What has changed that warrants the adulation of the new CEO? The AW flight attendants still do not have a contract; several of the U flight attendants who elected to take the VFLR with the assurance that their unemployment would not be contested have in fact had the unemployment contested and the company's response is 'grieve it'; the mechanics are subjected to the divide and conquer techniques once again; PHL still does not have the needed equipment; the MAA employees are being royally screwed; but, because a frat boy wants to walk around the office in drag he is the new savior? The employees are once again suffering from the beaten women syndrome that all of us endured under "labor friendly Dave". The employees have given back billions of dollars to enable this corporation to operate. Once he turns a profit he can dress up like the Wizard of OZ for all I care. For the time being he needs to earn my respect and dressing up in drag doesn't make the cut.

The key word in your post is 'retired'. It is easy to sit on the outside and side with management when you do not live the life of the employees. By virtue of your retirement status your comments do not hold water.

Hmm I have a friend in LAX who is an EO F/A and he IS getting unemployment. Wonder how he rates then? Sorry you are so bitter MLT. I just retired in July and keep in touch with everything going on so I think I still have merit in my comments. If this negativity is going persist, the merger will probably fail. You sometimes just have to have faith. Yes, I know we have believed others in the past only to be disappointed but I feel this is different. From the people still at work (supervisors) they say things are very different. Our DSM is trying to get NS to LAS and PHX , LAS is the number one destination for travelers out of here and WN has run the sevice for years. Old US would not even listen to the sales department. The new guys ARE listening and our DSM thinks we have a shot at NS in both markets. Its been a very short time since the merger and we still are two airlines operating. Give them some time. Rome wasnt built in day bud. :)

:lol: THAT'S GREAT! With all we've been though SOME of us can still laugh. Hey, at this point, that's all we CAN do. We have 24 hours in a day. 33% is spent at work, 33% sleeping ( idealy) and the other 33% is what we call our personal lives. Knocking out the sleeping part, work becomes 50% of our waking day. Do you really want to spend 50% of your life being negative and looking for the worst in everything? Sorry, NOT ME! Life is too short, make the best out of it and you'll live longer and feel better. Just my opinion folks.