Halloween

Any word on what DP and his crew wore this year? Better yet any pictures? :)

Yes...I ran into, literally Doug Parker, Scott Kirby, Elise (forgot last name), Al Crellin, Derek Kerr and Travis (forgot his last name). They were the "blue man group". They looked great, passed out candy and mingled with employees around Phoenix and Tempe. They also paid a visit to US employees that have relocated to Terminal Four in Phoenix, but they were in the middle of working a flight so I don't know how much they were able to talk to them. They looked great and it was nice to see them with employees. I'm sure they wish they could have been East, but i suppose you can only be so many places at once.

you fu'rs always change something positive into something negative . that amazes the sht out of me.

you fu'rs always change something positive into something negative . that amazes the sht out of me.

I'm hoping you just had one too many cocktails when you made this comment. :blink: Or maybe you can no longer differentiate between a positive and a negative? :shock:

Anyway, thanks UWCactus for the update. I didn't work on Halloween (much to my amazement), but would have loved to see everyone dressed up and having a good time. :up:

Sorry, I think it is embarassing

Hey Mlt,

We've done it the stuffy, arrogant, rape you over way of management for ions. Whether what we wear or what we do, one word....FAILURE!!

I am 100% behind the casual way. The business traveler could give a crap WHAT we wear or if we have fun at Halloween. They care about fair pricing, the ability to switch flights without taking out a loan, and a kind respectful staff. I flew the US Airways Shuttle for years and those folks pretty much view flying in that corridal as a subway in the sky. They are on that short flight, not by choice, but because biz calls.

I am so tired of this stereotyping of areas of the country. Meanwhile, companies are finding if they are a little savvier, they can hop over to SW and not get raped over. Guess what? NO airline is more casual.

GO DOUG!! If a business traveler is going to choose our airline on what we wear or if we have alittle fun (which I highly doubt is the case), let them go.

I can't wait till we dump the ties.

My perspective is entirely different than the West. I prefer the CEO to look and act like a lady or gentlemen. I am not the least bit impressed with a grown man who is tasked with turning around a corporation behaving like the class clown. Once this corporation is making money, then and only then should the CEO act ike a frat boy. Don't forget, we had a CEO who enjoyed costumes and look how succesful we were.

We are a northeast carrier and our bread and butter is transporting business travelers. This casual approach is going too far. We can have fun without slithering into the local trailer park.

Fire away!
Lighten up, Francis!

So, the CEO and other company officers dress up in costume for 1 day of the year -- Halloween. Hmmm. So, they're not allowed to have fun or to make employees laugh? What's more class-neutralizing than making a fool of yourself? I think it's great! Doug is no "class clown" -- but he is a human being with human feelings and emotions -- not a machine -- and by becoming "one of us", well, that just illustrates the kind of person he is and his team really are...

And those of you whining "where's our party?" -- you were told you could have one! Do you really think the CEO and other officers are going to go from city to city on Halloween - and what? - Trick or Treat? Do you think Herb K at Southwest really had that many parties outside of Dallas? In his first month on the job? No, I didn't think so...