US Pilots Labor Thread Aug 27-Sep 3 KEEP ON TOPIC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody has been damaged. No new contract, no seniority list, no damages, only those imagined in the minds of the westies.
You think Kirby was going to give you 3%. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.
This case should never have come to trial.
A federal district judge has already determined that the West pilots have made a prima facie case - which means the West has presented enough evidence to warrant a trial.

Get ready cuz 2010 is going to be the Year of the Assessments. :up:

Nobody has been damaged. No new contract, no seniority list, no damages, only those imagined in the minds of the westies.
You think Kirby was going to give you 3%. Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.
This case should never have come to trial.

No damages? Maybe you are right. However, it will not be nice to find out you are wrong again.

You are definitely right that the case should have never come to trial, but I suspect you are right for the wrong reasons.

The judge conjectured that he wasn't even sure if the Addington plaintiffs were entitled to legal fees. Given that, do you really think you're going to hit the lottery on this? There has to be actual damages to collect money. It should be an interesting magic show if it gets to that point.

As long as you understand that the trial is already scheduled and that it is a real possibility.

Hit the lottery? No I suspect not, as lotteries actually live up to their agreements and pay when you have the correct numbers and are in the right.

One other thing I wanted to touch on. They are not your dues to piss away, they are our dues ( our being the collective group minus Nic4us who still has not paid a dime to usapa) and pissing away dues may not be found to be germane to contract enforcement. Which is also being looked into.

The judge conjectured that he wasn't even sure if the Addington plaintiffs were entitled to legal fees.

I'm not sure I would phrase it as you did. The judge was interested in learning the legal theory that the plaintiffs would likely be utilizing as a basis for their damage claims. What the transcript can't show is that the judge was nodding his head as Andy Jacob explained the expected theory.

I'm not sure I would phrase it as you did. The judge was interested in learning the legal theory that the plaintiffs would likely be utilizing as a basis for their damage claims. What the transcript can't show is that the judge was nodding his head as Andy Jacob explained the expected theory.

Why did I just hear the lead-in music to the old TV show Dragnet?

Dum da dum dum!!! Dum da dum dum!!! Dum da dum DUMMMMMM!!!!!

I got a response that the litigation is being paid for by the East's assessment. Assuming that's the case I'm satisfied.

717;
I've paid all of my dues, plus a $45 assessment for medical for furloughed pilots "in good standing" (I won't go into the chicken-stuff minded vote down of ANY US Airways furloughed pilot not in good standing being denied this necessity).

Have you personally had any further assessments (if you are an East pilot)? Further if we are speaking about the DFR lawsuit, were they identified as assessments to pay for the DFR lawsuit (I believe that these funds are being taken from the general dues collection)? If we are speaking about the PBGC only, then those assessement should come in the mail in the next month.

In the position that Bradford and now Streble & Co. have placed east pilots in, ASSUMING something they claim might be VERY costly.

Regards.

Yo Clear,

There are a bunch of us on here that are intimately familiar with the MDA suit. We have been told to keep things tight! Call your boy the Judge and have him get you what you need!

Hate

Not sure what my boy the judge has to do with this. But I will ask him next time at our weekly golf game.

Then you need to get to your union shill snoop, and tell him to stop. My question was to find out if he actually read the facts or heard a biased version of someone else’s opinion of what they thought they heard.

One last thing for all of the east guys. If the attitude exists over there that somehow Nicolau “learned something†at his deposition. Then you guys have way more problems and have made way more mistakes then I thought.

First depos are designed to find out what the person being deposed knows not to tell them anything. Second if you think that Nicolau is just now finding out about the list. Then you guys are angry at the wrong group.

You should be suing Dan Katts your merger attorney. If he failed to make such a large point in your minds as an incorrect list. It was his job to inform the arbitrator of that fact. If he did then Nicolau know this and the depo was no surprise. Making it a waste of time and money. So Nicolau holding jurisdiction means nothing it is not new information. It is grasping at straws to think that some shred of information is going to somehow cause a revelation and Nicolau will finally see the light and the error of his ways and come back and fix all of this .

But ultimately you should be suing and holding to account. The members of the merger committee. After all the defense in court was that Nicolau only applied to them. And even more so Jack Stephan and the rest of the AAA MEC. Where are the law suits against them? They, in the end controlled the strategy, and make up of the merger committee and what direction this merger took.

We know that usapa is not afraid of law suits. We know they think they have plenty of money. $239,000 for a failed RICO suit, Over $2.5 million so far for a failed DFR, and just yesterday a law suit against the PBGC cost , cost unknown, probability of failure.

So if you want to complain about leaks look to your side first.

The yogi snoop.

Nicolau, Nicolau, Nicolau! Ah the transcripts of his deposition in the MDA case this month. Didn't know? The NIC himself got deposed by Haber, didn't he? Interesting reading, I'm sure. But who does it help more, MDA V ALPA or USAPA V AOL? Collateral damage. Ain't it a bXXXXX. He still got jurisdiction on this, doesn't he?

Deposition transcripts don’t often get released before the case goes to trial, since objections have to be ruled on by the judge in court. Check with the hp on that. So your not worthy to know what Nicolau swore to. USAPA couldn’t release them anyway. Their MDA property. Mike Haber hit up ALPA for large DFRs before. It looks like he may do it again. One unintended consequence, with the questions Nicolau probably had to answer, even if theyr’e not allowed in trial, Nic will know he was dealing with a bogus list, and he’s still got jurisdiction. Get a clue. USAPA had nothing to do with the MDA depositions or release. MDA started before the NIC arbitration. Nice try at connecting the 2, but it doesn’t work. Before another complaint about USAPA stalling, ALPA’s dragged the MDA DFR out four years so far and we’re just now getting around to depositions.

Not to bore the readers with your recent reply (#102), I won’t counterpoint your whole post, Clue. Your replies wasn’t on point anyway. To summarize, more seasoned board-friend, this latest NIC depo revelation has you lashing out at me. I just delivered the message. Now your freaked over what Nicolau might have said. You should be more freaked what he might learn. That goes with being freaked that all the facts will eventually come out before the Ninth rules and before you get NIC implemented. The truth coming out about the Kirby is bad enough. Obvious why. With the legal process grinding too slowly for you, your bird in the hand might fly away. So you think by the shear will and power of your board posts here and elsewhere, we’ll just quietly submit. Dream on.

“Depose until the cows come home?†Clue, that’s anger, frustration or fear? MDAs not our deal. No telling what Nicolau said or learned, but we’re not involved. We’re not funding MDA or sharing notes (not sure on that). Haber’s using with house money from ALPA losses to play this one out on his own. He doesn’t need us fine-tuning his work of art.

717;
I've paid all of my dues, plus a $45 assessment for medical for furloughed pilots "in good standing" (I won't go into the chicken-stuff minded vote down of ANY US Airways furloughed pilot not in good standing being denied this necessity).

Now that the West pilot group will actually be participating in the furlough assessment I think you should have your LAS/PHX reps revisit the issue at the next BOD meeting.

I know we are closer to agreement on the Cactus 18, so I won't go there.

I will. That evil dooer comment is bs. Of all the 18 individuals in that suit, the WORST thing ANY of them did was call the recorded hotline, not safety line, repeatedly. Most of the individuals were just one of a hodgepodge of webposts compiled by usapa.

Imagine that. Just for posting something on a web board these "evil doers" are supposed to promise not to do it again? Do what again for Pete's sake? GMAFB.

I will. That evil dooer comment is bs. Of all the 18 individuals in that suit, the WORST thing ANY of them did was call the recorded hotline, not safety line, repeatedly. Most of the individuals were just one of a hodgepodge of webposts compiled by usapa.

Imagine that. Just for posting something on a web board these "evil doers" are supposed to promise not to do it again? Do what again for Pete's sake? GMAFB.

Get your facts straight and then you can distort them all you want. Some of your INDIVIDUAL "innocents" made over a thousand calls to the 800 number. Read the complaint the facts are set forth there. They were stupid and gotr caught. Yea lets do this and use our OWN PHONES......HA!!!

Get your facts straight and then you can distort them all you want. Some of your INDIVIDUAL "innocents" made over a thousand calls to the 800 number. Read the complaint the facts are set forth there. They were stupid and gotr caught. Yea lets do this and use our OWN PHONES......HA!!!

The RICO suit is pure fantasy. There were no "bad acts". Until your side can PROVE anything in a court of law...nothing ever happened...nothing at all.

What happened to that quarter million dollar rag again?

Oh yeah...dismissed with prejudice. Well done.

I know. It's really unfortunate that the Bill of Rights and the US Constitution are so often in USAPA's way. Frustrating.

Why don't you read the Judge's dismissal with predjudice, there are a whole lot of facts in there to. Facts that also happen to be much more factual than any so called 'facts' in usapa's complaint.

In fact the dismissal with predjudice could very easily be taken as being a 'debunking' of the so called facts in usapa's complaint. That complaint doesn't mean jack.

That suit backfired, but it caused some very real harm, financial and otherwise, to many folks who quite literally did NOTHING.

Status
Not open for further replies.