Plan To Ask Court For Pay Cuts

If true, it sounds like the cuts might come a couple weeks later than some have been expecting.

I believe if the company does try to throw out the contracts all the various unions.... Lawyers & officials from all the representated unons should seek a "Congressional Inquiry"... into the finiancial dealings of USAIRWAYS for the last 7 years....

Where has the 1.7 billion dollars employees saved the company gone...Who got golden parachutes...who got bonuses ...and raises....Who authorized purchases for new Embrierier Jets....Who greased who's palm in all those behind closed doors meetings....

Why management didn't give up any pay or benefits...and why they hired additional managers....

Unions representing the pilots, flight attendants, mechanics, Reservations, Customer Service agent, etc should ask for a congressional investigation into the mis-management of company resources for the last 7 years....

Not to mention stockholders and those holding leases...Were they disregarded intentionally with a "planned bankruptcy" in mind to reduce costs acuired thru mismanagement of resources....rather than sound business practices to compete on a level playing field with competitiors...We have seen that Southwest has lower costs than USAIRWAYS and they MAKE A PROFIT!

If they court can impose a new contract would / could that also include elimination of Utility per the companys plan, or can they only ask for wage adjustments ?

Gee wonder why???? Is anyone else in CCY getting ready to leave the company to cash in on their golden parachute and the company cannot afford to honor the contract, but since they did honor Dave's and Neil's parachute they have no choice but to take it from the employees???? Amazing that the company has the right to pick and choose what contract they want to honor. Sorry Charlie....you honored Dave's and Neil's and I darn well expect you to honor mine. I have always thought there was more than what we are being told on what is really going on and it looks like it is begining to open up slowly for all to see......

roadstar said:
If they court can impose a new contract would / could that also include elimination of Utility per the companys plan, or can they only ask for wage adjustments ?
[post="181705"][/post]​

From a worker standpoint, it's probably hair-splitting, but the court will imposenothing. The court will or will not grant the 1113 motion by the company. If granted, your contract will be voided and the company can impose whatever work rules and pay rates it wishes.

Now, if the contract is voided, it seems to me that the company can simply let go anyone no longer covered by that contract, and outsource the work. Without a collective bargaining agreement to cover your employment, you become an "employment at will" employee in most states. (And, that's the company's will, not yours.)

1113E, is generally used to conserve cash, they can impose temporary paycuts, which happened at UAL to the Mechanic and Related. It does not abrogate a contract and impose a new one. That is the 1113C process.

MCORORES said:
Gee wonder why???? Is anyone else in CCY getting ready to leave the company to cash in on their golden parachute and the company cannot afford to honor the contract, but since they did honor Dave's and Neil's parachute they have no choice but to take it from the employees???? Amazing that the company has the right to pick and choose what contract they want to honor.
[post="181710"][/post]​

The sad part is that with the current state of US Airways financial affairs, the golden parachutes are just a drop in the bucket. Even if you could recover every parachute dime paid to departing execs over the past 10 years, it wouldn't make much difference in the company's situation. What did Dave get? $4mil? $10mil? How big a dent would that much money make in a debt measured in BILLIONS of dollars? Getting that money back, which I doubt can be done anyway, would only be a symbolic gesture. Symbolic gestures do not spend well at the grocery store or the mortgage company.

Just out of curious asking, how does any USAir employee show up to work and really give a damn about anything?

USAir can cut pay all they want, but if employees do not care or work hard for the customer, then what happens in the end anyway?

Where is the powerful AFL-CIO on this matter? Are they too busy with political campaigns using extorted union dues to come and assist the worker?

I mean why bother to belong to the 35 million strong AFL-CIO, if the other workers or leaders are not willing take a stand to help those at USAir?

Let the court do the cutting ...NOT THE COMPANY.

How can it be worst given the latest talks. The guys at United will tell you that...!! The only thing the company has ..."scare tactics".

SL

No arguement from me there Jim. What has bothered me is how the rules are different for top execs than the common man and how that good old boys network is still in place. Look what happened with Carty at your company. I myself have accepted reality with the future of this company and it is not positive. But hey, there is life beyond Usairways.

WELL i gave last year...

just looked at my paystub from last year...

I have lost almost 10,000 dollars since my paycut since my station
went MAINLINE EXPRESS.

We who stayed gave enough....i won't give anymore.

THE STORE IS CLOSED.

YEAR TO DATE I HAVE MADE ALMOST 23,000 DOLLARS

YOU ALL TRY AND LIVE ON THAT MR CEO'S AND V.P'S

Well if the company is going to impose temp(yea right) wage cuts, then there is NO NEED to vote on givebacks...

VOTE NO

Latest posts