Plan To Ask Court For Pay Cuts

Decision 2004 said:
Just out of curious asking, how does any USAir employee show up to work and really give a damn about anything?

USAir can cut pay all they want, but if employees do not care or work hard for the customer, then what happens in the end anyway?

Where is the powerful AFL-CIO on this matter? Are they too busy with political campaigns using extorted union dues to come and assist the worker?

I mean why bother to belong to the 35 million strong AFL-CIO, if the other workers or leaders are not willing take a stand to help those at USAir?
[post="181721"][/post]​
Most employees show up to ready work daily!! Regardless of how poorly manangement has handled the company. We don't let our emotions rule how we treat our customers. Never have, never will. It would be unprofessional to take our stresses out on our customers. That being said, many of us will be happy when it all ends.

I agree with the last post. It just shows how good we employees are. Some may let it show to the customers, but I believe most do not.

I've noticed no difference in the approach and professionalism of the good folks on the frontlines at US. In fact, it's come from some folks who are deeply embroiled in the current frey.

Garland Jones, for instance, gave one hell of a running commentary on a transcon last week about what there was to see and various anecdotal sights/facts enroute from SFO-PIT.

The C/O of a recent PIT-PHL flight gave the funniest damn PAs I've ever heard (including a veiled reference to both the situation at PHL and "jets that barbie might fly on.") I thanked him after the flight.

I am sitting in PIT where a GA snuck me onto an earlier flight to LGA to keep me on time due to the t-storms rolling thru.

This is just in the past week. I can say that the good folks at US are still coming thru with fine style, despite the crap being pushed down from CCY.

I as an agent do take care of my people-inside family also!

If we don't care for our employees and take care of them,by God this crappy company does not,then who is left to do it?

Reservation Agent said:
I believe if the company does try to throw out the contracts all the various unions.... Lawyers & officials from all the representated unons should seek a "Congressional Inquiry"... into the finiancial dealings of USAIRWAYS for the last 7 years....

Where has the 1.7 billion dollars employees saved the company gone...Who got golden parachutes...who got bonuses ...and raises....Who authorized purchases for new Embrierier Jets....Who greased who's palm in all those behind closed doors meetings....

Why management didn't give up any pay or benefits...and why they hired additional managers....

Unions representing the pilots, flight attendants, mechanics, Reservations, Customer Service agent, etc should ask for a congressional investigation into the mis-management of company resources for the last 7 years....

Not to mention stockholders and those holding leases...Were they disregarded intentionally with a "planned bankruptcy" in mind to reduce costs acuired thru mismanagement of resources....rather than sound business practices to compete on a level playing field with competitiors...We have seen that Southwest has lower costs than USAIRWAYS and they MAKE A PROFIT!
[post="181660"][/post]​

i agree 1000% on this! i'd say let a congressional investigation begine and why wait why not do it now! just look at how the last 5 clowns have been able to live happily ever after after they raped the employees and turned a number of cities into the circus of mainline express!

Funny,

They are part of the process as you have to have negotiations in good faith in order to have the contract abrogated.

To have good faith negotiations the parties have to be at the table. In the case of ALPA there have been no meetings since September 6 and in the case of both IAM units there have been no negotiations. I'm not sure which union has done more damage to their membership.

One thing I am certain of is that Judge Mitchell has ruled in favor of virtually every company motion in two bankruptcy's including terminating the pilot's DB pension.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Once again you speak of things you do not know of.

There has to be good faith negotiations AFTER the company files their 1113 motion for a contract abrogation.

USA320Pilot said:
To have good faith negotiations the parties have to be at the table. In the case of ALPA there have been no meetings since September 6 and in the case of both IAM units there have been no negotiations. I'm not sure which union has done more damage to their membership.

One thing I am certain of is that Judge Mitchell has ruled in favor of virtually every company motion in two bankruptcy's including terminating the pilot's DB pension.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="181881"][/post]​
USA320Pilot, I know you wish you were at the table, and then you could hop under it. Which it sounds like you spent to much time their already!

700UW said:
Once again you speak of things you do not know of.

There has to be good faith negotiations AFTER the company files their 1113 motion for a contract abrogation.
[post="181885"][/post]​
I think we all should take up a collection and give it as prize money to 700UW for the first time he doesn't reply and attempt to debase the captain. Rest assured, no one will be required to pitch in a dime because that would be an impossible task for him to accomplish.

Levine also went over all the procedures and steps in the bankruptcy codes. One item she covered in depth is the 1113 letter, which refers to the section of code that ensures that a company negotiates with the union before they seek abrogation of the labor agreement. When a company seeks protection, the agreement remains in effect. When a union negotiates an 1113 letter it secures an agreement with the company showing that the company will not seek further cuts from labor. To this date, no company that has had an 1113 letter negotiated has ever asked the court to abrogate it.

Companies that request abrogation of the labor agreement but it must meet the following nine (9) distinct requirements:

1. The debtor in possession must have made a proposal to the union.
2. The proposal must be based upon the most complete and reliable information available at the time of the proposal.
3. The modification must be necessary to permit reorganization.
4. The modification must provide that all affected parties be treated fairly and equitably.
5. The debtor must provide the union with such relevant information as is necessary to evaluate the proposal.
6. The debtor must have met with the collective bargaining representative at the reasonable times subsequent to making the proposal.
7. The debtor must have negotiated with the union concerning the proposal in good faith.
8. The union must have refused to accept the proposal with good cause.
9. The balance of the equities must clearly favor rejection of the agreement.

Levine also noted that bankruptcy is not the preferred course for your contract.

Cav, just remember I know. And if you don't like it the board has a great feature called ignore, why don't you use it if you cant add substance to the topic.

I think the time has come for employees to voice THEIR opinions to the ATSB directly.
do you feel you'd take more sacrifices for the companies survival?
or do you feel that you'd wish to engage in the self help or strike option?
YOU can express YOUR opinion to them directly:

Email: [email protected]

Latest posts