US stock price keeps dropping

jimcfs

Veteran
Aug 8, 2004
Athens, WV
www.cfld.com
LCC closed trading today at $25.59, down $3.13 on the day which is almost 11%. This close is below the 52 week low.

Anyone know of a reason for the big drop today? (Granted, the whole market is going down, so that could be enough of a reason.)

LCC closed trading today at $25.59, down $3.13 on the day which is almost 11%. This close is below the 52 week low.

Anyone know of a reason for the big drop today? (Granted, the whole market is going down, so that could be enough of a reason.)
damn that looks like a good buy , if only i wasn't impovereshed and had the money to buy.... i mean that really , not kidding ...

My guess would be market related, and/or a spike in oil prices due the formations of a tropical depression in the gulf and a tropical storm in the Caribbean.

Of course if LCC was the only airline to have such a bad day, it could just mean the investment community is beginning to realize what's going on there.

All the airlines had a bad day today.

Close Change % Change

LCC 25.59 -3.13 -10.90%

UAUA 38.12 -3.55 -8.52%

CAL 26.45 -5.42 -17.01%

AMR 21.21 -1.98 -8.54%

NWA 14.91 -2.19 -12.81%

LUV 15.19 -0.58 -3.68%

JBLU 8.86 -0.42 -4.53%

FRNT 5.26 -0.11 -2.05%

ALK 22.24 -1.68 -7.02%

DAL 15.75 -1.22 -7.19%

I would think that after the company broke the IAM with the new agreement people would be buying up America West stock.

The company is making some great moves, forcing the IAM to accept a very poor T/A,, setting up the contracting out of 17 west coast cities along with the smaller class two stations on the east side.

The company is poised for growth, buy your shares now :up:

I would think that after the company broke the IAM with the new agreement people would be buying up America West stock.

The company is making some great moves, forcing the IAM to accept a very poor T/A,, setting up the contracting out of 17 west coast cities along with the smaller class two stations on the east side.

that kind of scare taciti might work with our west field stations , but your class two stations know better... nice try thou ....

Their business plan of course. Setting up The IAM and fleet service for the contracting out of the 17 small west coast cities and some of the smaller class two on the east side.

Their business plan of course.
Call me naive if you want, but I'm not sure trying to do everything as cheaply as possible constitutes much of a business plan. A first grader could choose the cheapest option - no real plan involved.

Seems that it would be a much better business plan to find ways to do things better/more efficiently.

Jim

What America West stock?

There is no America West.

Call me naive if you want, but I'm not sure trying to do everything as cheaply as possible constitutes much of a business plan. A first grader could choose the cheapest option - no real plan involved.

Seems that it would be a much better business plan to find ways to do things better/more efficiently.

Jim

Jim,

You are old school. With the exception of companies like Costco and WN (and boy, does Wall Street hate them), cheaper is king. So what if there's a little lead in the paint, or the food may be contaminated from the factory? It's cheap!

The chattering class on the tube says Americans demand cheap stuff. I say many Americans have no choice but to traffic in such dreck, because their good job was outsourced, and they're working two crappy ones to make ends meet. Given a choice, I bet most would take their good jobs back, and accept higher prices. You can control what you buy, but that paycheck is weakly!

Back