US to start CLT-FCO?

Oh Hell no...

FlightChic...You're what? in your 30s...you got 30 years of diet-coke slinging left you might see it ;) or get sent to PHX to get wrinkly and prunkly but atleast N903AW is there!

Oh no, you forget, I'm EAST baby EAST! I'm good for another 50 years at least! I can do this til I'm 80, or dead whichever comes first! :lol: That's how things roll on the Eastside!

Thats what I was scared of, but won't happen if we merge with AA you would get stAApled or furloughed ;)

:shock: We would no longer be GrAAnny Airways! :lol: I would hate it if we ever did merge with AA. I'm glad that's not going to happen. Although, it would be quite amusing watching everybody squirm. I wonder what the American West pilots would do if they were stapled to the bottom? Or our 50 year senior mammas who fly to FCO each week and don't ever fly holidays? Imagine a new hire f/a at AA having better trips, a line, or at least a job! That is just "plane" rediculus if you ask me! ;) I bet the AFA would be against it because they have a rotating reserve system! :lol:

:shock: We would no longer be GrAAnny Airways! :lol: I would hate it if we ever did merge with AA. I'm glad that's not going to happen. Although, it would be quite amusing watching everybody squirm. I wonder what the American West pilots would do if they were stapled to the bottom? Or our 50 year senior mammas who fly to FCO each week and don't ever fly holidays? Imagine a new hire f/a at AA having better trips, a line, or at least a job! That is just "plane" rediculus if you ask me! ;) I bet the AFA would be against it because they have a rotating reserve system! :lol:

Did all you folks somehow miss the federal law signed last year that outlawed the stapling that AA did to TWA. Can't happen that way, folks.

trust me guys. the united/usairways saga has not ended...by a long shot .

We've been chasing United for years! The saga will never end until US Airways falls apart or merges with AA! :lol: Even then there will still be rumors about a potential merger with United.

Did all you folks somehow miss the federal law signed last year that outlawed the stapling that AA did to TWA. Can't happen that way, folks.

nycbusdriver, oh trust me, you can be stapled to the bottom! Take what happened to our pilot groups. We have pilots who would lose 15-20 years of seniority along with losing the left seat forever and /or no chance of ever sitting in the left seat with the Nicolau(sp?) award. You might as well be stapled to the bottom. Or let's say there is a high attrition rate out in PHX for f/as when we merge FA contracts and they open PHX to the East and a bunch of PSA f/as all transfer out to PHX! All of a sudden we will have "senior" West f/as at the bottom of the seniority list in PHX sitting reserve with no end in sight!

We've been chasing United for years! The saga will never end until US Airways falls apart or merges with AA! :lol: Even then there will still be rumors about a potential merger with United.

nycbusdriver, oh trust me, you can be stapled to the bottom! Take what happened to our pilot groups. We have pilots who would lose 15-20 years of seniority along with losing the left seat forever and /or no chance of ever sitting in the left seat with the Nicolau(sp?) award. You might as well be stapled to the bottom. Or let's say there is a high attrition rate out in PHX for f/as when we merge FA contracts and they open PHX to the East and a bunch of PSA f/as all transfer out to PHX! All of a sudden we will have "senior" West f/as at the bottom of the seniority list in PHX sitting reserve with no end in sight!

FlightChic, they need a taste of our own medicine east ;) [With all due respect N903AW]

Uh. Excuse me. What ARE you talking about? None of what you say makes any sense at all. "Take what happened to our pilot groups," you say. Are you talking about the USAirways situation? It has no bearing whatsoever on the federal law enacted in February, 2008, which is what we are talking about. For one, the USAirways/AWA merger predated the federal law, so it doesn't apply for that reason. Also, since the pilot groups (and the F/A/ groups) were both represented by the same union, even if the law was in effect, it wouldn't apply for that reason, either. And now that the USAirways pilots have a union that only represents them, the federal law WILL apply for the pilots if another carrier merges. Try to follow along....

YOU MEAN LIKE THE F/A'S IN PHL AND CLT ARE DOING NOW??

OH, BOO HOO for you, FlightChic.

All I can say is, welcome to the REAL airline world!! If you can't take having more than 15 years seniority and sitting reserve, then you should probably go somewhere else--IT'S REALITY HERE AT US! It's been the reality on the East side for a long time.......

YOU MEAN LIKE THE F/A'S IN PHL AND CLT ARE DOING NOW??

OH, BOO HOO for you, FlightChic.

All I can say is, welcome to the REAL airline world!! If you can't take having more than 15 years seniority and sitting reserve, then you should probably go somewhere else--IT'S REALITY HERE AT US! It's been the reality on the East side for a long time.......

Uh, hello! I know that! I wasn't born yesterday! I know what is going on. Who says I can't take it. Do you not remember my thread over the summer about whether I should stay or whether I should go? I had a very difficult decision to make and I decided to stay for the time being but only because it would work out better for my graduate studies since I have more free time while working for US. No matter whether they prevent airlines from stapling one group to the bottom, it still happens but in a less obvious way. I'm not crying! I know what the East is like and I know how Mike Flores feels about us East junior reserves and anybody else who isn't a top senior East BH. I'm not crying. I'm telling it how it is! Bother way, I was based in PHL until last Spring. Now I am in CLT. I know people with 15-20 years who had to go back on reserve during the winter months. Maybe you need a reality check!