US West Employees - Questions on your 401K

Fatherknowsbest

Advanced
Sep 19, 2003
On a fact finding mission. I would like some info on your 401-K plan. The stock has doubled in 90 days. Were you allowed to convert AWA stock to the new LCC? Thanks for any info you can offer.

Have a great 2006!

Then something is rotten in Denmark. Thousands of US East Employees lost much of retirement savings because it was in Company stock in either BK #1. Now only West Employees are making 100% return in just 3 months.

Just what the heck is up with that?

Then something is rotten in Denmark. Thousands of US East Employees lost much of retirement savings because it was in Company stock in either BK #1. Now only West Employees are making 100% return in just 3 months.

It's called bankruptcy.

Keep in mind that employees HAD to own America West stock (employee ownership) and lost all of that investment in the bk of the early 90s. Still bitter feelings about that.

The AWA stock in the Wests 401k was not actual stock it was a stock fund.. I got my hopes up and kept the stock after the merger but all it did was transfer to a LCC stock fund.. What a joke.. I recieved a merger proxy statement stating my shares would transfer at a .4125 per share rate to the new LCC.. Never happened.

Buying stock in the company you work for is generally not the best idea.

Could you elaborate on that more?? It's an ok idea if you use solid metrics and criteria. Too often people become emotionally attached to a stock if it's their own company. As long as you can seperate the emotion from fact, then there's nothing wrong.

Could you elaborate on that more?? It's an ok idea if you use solid metrics and criteria. Too often people become emotionally attached to a stock if it's their own company. As long as you can seperate the emotion from fact, then there's nothing wrong.
get the book Bulls make money Bears make money Pigs get slaughtered

get the book Bulls make money Bears make money Pigs get slaughtered

No kidding. What are the odds that you will just happen to work at the company that is also the best stock for your retirement planning? Out of thousands of possible companines in which to invest?

Employees of airlines should think long and hard before investing in their employer.

LCC has been a great short-term ride - as it has doubled in a very short time, but AMR stock is currently worth 17-18 times its lows of just under three years ago. But that doesn't mean that AMR is a long-term investment.

No kidding. What are the odds that you will just happen to work at the company that is also the best stock for your retirement planning? Out of thousands of possible companines in which to invest?

Employees of airlines should think long and hard before investing in their employer.

LCC has been a great short-term ride - as it has doubled in a very short time, but AMR stock is currently worth 17-18 times its lows of just under three years ago. But that doesn't mean that AMR is a long-term investment.
You need to do your home work I made over $13,000.00 with united stock. yes you need to know when to get out.