USAirways/America West Merger Talks -WSJ

EyeInTheSky said:
Fasten your seat belts if airline merger takes wing
http://www.azcentral.com/business/columns/...21talton21.html
Apr. 21, 2005 12:00 AM

A few times each day, US Airways ..........

...The consequences were not abstract. Dayton, Ohio, for example, built a sumptuous hub for Piedmont that was destroyed by the merger despite the promises of USAir executives. ........

....As a woman said Wednesday after reading the news, "Well, there goes my favorite airline."
Reach Talton at [email protected] or (602) 444-8464.
[post="263980"][/post]​

a sumptuous hub in Dayton for PI? small hub, yes...... sumptuous, not.

Makes one wonder, If AW controls, which seems likely since they are the 'buyer'. Headquarters in AZ. Does the new airline need/want four hubs. Keep Phoenix, Charlotte, and Vegas, Loose PHL and "PHL Factor" and CCY. Also why would AW buy stock. Why not buy planes, gates. Seems you would not have U liability issues, debt and labor issues. Also do you drop shuttle?

Bear96 said:
Wow, you sure can take someone's words out of context and make them seem like they are referring to things that aren't there.

A USA320Pilot Modus Operendi. He has done this before, using similar comments regarding "transatlantic mergers" to support the old UA/US UCT some time ago.

I am not sure why one would take comments from the CEO of UA and apply them to a situation that more or less excludes UA.

They added they "do not intend to make any further announcements until a definitive agreement is reached or discussions are terminated."
See Story

Well, which is it???

You read one article it says US Airways will acquire America West. You read another and it says AWA will acquire US. Does anybody know exactly which is more credible?

Toxic lover!

LMAO!

Talton is a good writer.

USAir is the typhoid Mary of the Airline biz. I miss PSA and the smile that got wiped off their faces.

HPearlyretiree said:
Toxic lover!

LMAO!

Talton is a good writer.

USAir is the typhoid Mary of the Airline biz.  I miss PSA and the smile that got wiped off their faces.
[post="264030"][/post]​

HPearlyretiree, the smile got wiped off all our faces. As for "toxic lover" seems Talton has been listening to too much Britney Spears. :blink:

RowUnderDCA said:
a sumptuous hub in Dayton for PI? small hub, yes...... sumptuous, not.
[post="263989"][/post]​

Sumptuous, definitely no. Convenient, yes. Profitable? Yes, within 60 days of opening the doors.

Sigh........

did I read correctly? Did U's prese release state:

US Airways said the discussions were about a ``potential strategic transaction.'' ??

The only "strategic transaction" U has engaged in the last couple of years is a screwing of anyone from a bearded lady to a passed out washed up prostitute and any one else whose dignity could be traded for being screwed for less than the next person.

Meanwhile lets talk about whether blue gray and red is prettier than green and orange. That is what is really important.

Back