usairways.com & Codeshare Flights Showing as US Airways Shuttle

USFlyer

Veteran
Aug 19, 2002
I've e-mailed US OVER AND OVER about a problem with usairways.com and codeshare flights, but no one ever seems to fix it:
For many codeshare flights with flight numbers that are using old Shuttle flight numbers, the carrier shows as US Airways Shuttle instead of just US Airways. Look at PHL-HNL in March: DEN-HNL is showing as US Airways Shuttle. Or, IAD-ORD. This happens in the timetables/find flight number section; I'm not sure about actually booking a flight.
I'm posting here in the hopes someone at US will finally see this and fix it. It's been like this now for almost a month (when I first noticed it).
Examples:
US Airways Shuttle
BWI
DEN
805A
1002A
View
View
US Airways Shuttle
DEN
HNL
1145A
412P
View
View
US Airways Shuttle
IAD
DEN
840A
1026A
View
View
US Airways Shuttle
DEN
HNL
1145A
412P
View
View

I think the flight numbers being used for codeshare flights are/were at one time designated as Shuttle flights...

The software sees that number and assumes (incorrectly) that it's a Shuttle flight...

Just a guess on my part.

That was my guess too and confirmed by a CSR. Still, it seems like it should be a "quick" fix, and this is coming from an IT guy used to dealing with complex and mature systems.

I'll do you one better: A few weeks ago I made a reservation on the DCA-LGA Shuttle and the Website showed it as a flight aboard "MetroJet by US Airways." I was very confused until I realized that the new Shuttle flight numbers are the old MetroJet flight numbers.