Usairways hastily rushes in new ticket reissue program. Huge problems, glitches, frozen screens, lon

Aug 23, 2002
Usairways has done it again...Haste Makes Waste...Usairways has hastily rushed to implement a new ticketing reissue computer program in place, scrapping its current system that was efficient and user friendly....Now, Reservation reps have to keep a customer online up to 1/2 hour to do a simple reissue on an even exchange such as a Round Trip Flight Credit, Golden Opportunity Ticket or Frequent Flyer ticket that used to take 20 seconds as a revaladation....CSD has been very helpful, but seems frustrated to figure out how to get tickets reissued with all the computer glitches with the new program that seems like we are going backwards from an automated efficient pop-up process, to manual encripting of information....Sort of like going back to kerosene lamps for light or horse and buggy instead of an automobile....One has to wonder how long it will take before the customers figure out if they buy our tickets, they wait on hold to buy them...wait on hold to ask about them...and wait endlessly for somone to change what used to be a simple , quick change....
We are not even getting into the more complicted tickets with multiple destinations...
Has anyone else had the pleasure of this new reissue system?...
14.gif'']

The 5th of March was a blast to say the least!!!! Tons of glitches but IMO it has gotten better. Just gotta remember where to put those darn x's correctly and it makes every thing appear to run smoothly.

You don't need tips plus to do an RTFC or ER81. If you are you are wasting time.You can ticket it as a cert and it take 90 secs max. That includes the smile and thankyou.As for the senior cpns, are there still any out there?
As long a someone store a PQS as M for manual, it works fine.

I have had little problems with reissueing RTFC Golden OPS ..I have gotten fustrated dealing with international reissues however,,but with more practice I believe all will get better

If tips 3 is anything like 1 and 2 was, there will be thousands of reissues daily rejected to the infamous non worked or overcrowded ticketing reject queue that never get worked before the pax flt time/date, and thus essential moneys never get collected.

March 31st???????????

The curser keeps disappearing and screen freezes up consistantly. To reval a tkt took 10 seconds before ...and then on to the next call, now it takes most times 3 screens and a ton of keystrokes more...what were they thinking ....this is progress?

Although I will admit when the fast track works to recalculate a partially used tkt it is wonderful...but please give us the reval button back....

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/13/2003 7:26:23 AM Severed-N-Happy wrote:

If tips 3 is anything like 1 and 2 was, there will be thousands of reissues daily rejected to the infamous non worked or overcrowded ticketing reject queue that never get worked before the pax flt time/date, and thus essential moneys never get collected.

March 31st???????????
----------------
[/blockquote]

Since you have no idea what tips3 is and what it does, why do you comment on things you don't know about?

Like SABRE, it'll take some time to get used to. As always, there are some agents who will never get it and will whine, whine, whine.

Reissues don't take that much time. Reissues for US20's and the like are better than any thing we've had since we got SABRE.

At the ATO, we're getting masks on check in for reissues that are not needed. Same city pairs/No fare difference.

You don't have to reissue tickets that haven't changed their fare basis, just reval them. Much simpler than any Phase 4 mask.

--Dino

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/13/2003 2:54:25 PM dinosaur wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/13/2003 7:26:23 AM Severed-N-Happy wrote:

March 31st???????????
----------------
[/blockquote]

Since you have no idea what tips3 is and what it does, why do you comment on things you don't know about?

Like SABRE, it'll take some time to get used to. As always, there are some agents who will never get it and will whine, whine, whine.

Reissues don't take that much time. Reissues for US20's and the like are better than any thing we've had since we got SABRE.

At the ATO, we're getting masks on check in for reissues that are not needed. Same city pairs/No fare difference.

You don't have to reissue tickets that haven't changed their fare basis, just reval them. Much simpler than any Phase 4 mask.

--Dino

----------------
[/blockquote]

Please ditch the repetitive pompous condescending "dinosaur" attitude, as I ask how the heck do you know about what, or from whom, I have garnered info related to this topic? Have you spoke to me or seen me? No?? Didn't think so. I had enough years of PACER and SABRE under my belt to know, witness, experience, and report programming errors first hand, 5 days a week, what the TOYS R US programmers have tried to do in SABRE, only to botch it over and over again, so why should this go around be any different? You cannot reval if there is no longer a reval key in res sabre, that's what an agent stated up above, isnt it?...You obviously don't work with RES sabre so you cant have any idea what prompts or keycells have been missing or error ridden in the past or could be missing/error ridden presently..nothing takes away from the fact that since Sabre was implemented millions of dollars of non reissued tickets have been rejected by ticketing editor and or gone unchecked at the ato's. That's a fact.

Please ditch the repetitive pompous condescending "dinosaur" attitude, as I ask how the heck do you know about what, or from whom, I have garnered info related to this topic? Have you spoke to me or seen me? No?? Didn't think so. I had enough years of PACER and SABRE under my belt to know, witness, experience, and report programming errors first hand, 5 days a week, what the TOYS R US programmers have tried to do in SABRE, only to botch it over and over again, so why should this go around be any different? You cannot reval if there is no longer a reval key in res sabre, that's what an agent stated up above, isnt it?...You obviously don't work with RES sabre so you cant have any idea what prompts or keycells have been missing or error ridden in the past or could be missing/error ridden presently..nothing takes away from the fact that since Sabre was implemented millions of dollars of non reissued tickets have been rejected by ticketing editor and or gone unchecked at the ato's. That's a fact.

And you obviously don't work for this company anymore, and that's a fact.

You're 'severed and happy' Good. Move on.

There is nothing you can do now to contribute to keep the airline going. Take your severence, move on, ande be happy.

Pray to the god of St. Fu.

--Dino

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/13/2003 4:14:18 PM dinosaur wrote:

And you obviously don't work for this company anymore, and that's a fact.

You're 'severed and happy' Good. Move on.

There is nothing you can do now to contribute to keep the airline going. Take your severence, move on, ande be happy.

Pray to the god of St. Fu.

--Dino
----------------
[/blockquote]
St Fu? Obviously a local private joke.
12.gif']

We have been instructed that revalidation is not an option for us to use anymore...Mgt wants each ticket to be reissued with a new ticket nbr... Not sure why...Mabey it is easier to keep stats on how many tickets are reissued with new tkt nbrs than a revalidation of the old ticket...

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/13/2003 10:23:03 PM Reservation Agent wrote:

We have been instructed that revalidation is not an option for us to use anymore...Mgt wants each ticket to be reissued with a new ticket nbr... Not sure why...Mabey it is easier to keep stats on how many tickets are reissued with new tkt nbrs than a revalidation of the old ticket...
----------------
[/blockquote]

Are you sure? By statements made above, Jurassic Park seems to think otherwise.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 3/13/2003 10:23:03 PM Reservation Agent wrote:

----------------
[/blockquote]

Could be. I've noticed alot of reissue prompts when checking in folks that have an 'even exchange' notation. Guess they're checking to see how the system is working.

One of the better parts is being able to give a customer a receipt for the change fee rather than having to have one mailed. This should save a few bucks.

--Dino