Non-Rev Nightmare

I located the actual res with tkt purchase,it was erroneously issued from a Y fare, so we lost about 100 ea tkt on the deal(OUCH!),and also saw the agent had 13 yrs seniority with company. So No excuse for misunderstanding the policy.I had relatives on a buddy pass once try to fly in clean sweat shirt and sweat pants and tennies, they thought that was proper...I goofed and had to explain policy a little better to them and I never made the same error again. They changed clothes in the airport restroom.

It is entirely possible this woman of 13year tenure showed up in something similar or perhaps even on the child, or could have been dirty shoes but no holes, or coulottes which looked too much like shorts..No one here saw them and no definitive explanation of clothing worn has been itemized under this topic so far.

It is becoming increasingly apparent that every procedure is being followeed BY THE BOOK ..now more than ever.. in the company's history, that I recall.

FYI ...I started a topic yesterday about a passgr who was charged twice for reissues because of the misunderstanding of the time to use or lose..turns out SABRE never reissued the ticket even 24 hours ahead of flight and the airport overrode the chg fee in the PQF field..so turns out she got what she wanted/deserved.. Won't she be surprised(assuming airport agt didn't tell her) that there will be no extra 100 charge on the cred card bill. In summary, tried to go by the book, the system failed.I am happy for the passgr though.The policy is still in state of confusion.But tomorrow starts standby for 100..let's see how we can mess that 1 up.

[blockquote]As Always the case we would have allowed a paying passenger to walk all over the fare rules...[/blockquote]

Dream on. New policy -- no exceptions. Not that there were ever very many to start with.

[blockquote]... I'm sure she walked away from this experince knowing what kind of company she truly works for.[/blockquote]

Just as we pax know. We've all met the agent with attitude.

It's horrible that they treat anyone this way -- be they a fellow employee, a paying passenger or a passenger on a free ticket. Todays free ticket might just be someone who pays PHL -> SFO Y fares every week.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/9/2002 4:29:10 PM RumorS wrote:

reality Check ... I had all that info as well she happens to be a good friend of mine. Just trying to help her out. I think that you posted TO MUCH INFORMATION. Thats all I will say because I am not in the mood for one of your sarcastic comments!
----------------
[/blockquote]

Too much info would fall under the title of giving out name, rank, and serial number. No one in their right mind would do that, would they?
I don't believe saying 13 yrs seniority or defining types of clothing that are unacceptable is giving out too much information. Does anyone else think so? Someone else above pointed out the Y fare error before I did. The seniority issue helps to explain , by at least one vantage point, new hire versus old hire mentality/experience and the resulting potential mis-comprehension of dress code.

Friend or no friend, family or just acquaintance, people do make mistakes and people can and do sugarcoat the truth. That's a fact of life, and if someone/anyone has not encountered that yet, they are living in a dream world or a cave. That is not sarcasm, it is pure reality.It's human nature. Everyone is guilty one time or another.If you are to present a case you need to present enough facts to form an educated opinion. There were not enough facts in the original message to do so, and in general, holding back on info does nothing to plead one's case. Being in the business we are in, that's obvious on a daily basis, agreed?

The facts, as you presented them, and are still vague/missing after all this discussion, began in what appeared to be from an impartial 3rd party listener/receiver of the call(YOU).. and ended up little by little,( with dribbles of info added into the mix), being opinion from a naturally Biased first party Friend(YOU again)..a lot of room for error here, ..that is not accusation, just expressing another viable angle.

If she can prove they were not misdressed, I say go 4 it,protest it through whatever means possible!!. This may sound extreme, but if it were me and I wasn't too frazzled to think straight at the moment after such a frenzy, I might have considered buying a disposable camera(they make quite clear pics contrary to public opinion) and taken some clear shots of both passgrs clothing as worn in the airport for proof. But... if I should ever have occasion to speak to RSW Airport and find someone who recalls the situation, and that RSW agent were to indicate a breach of the dress code was evident, and that same agent would have no reason to lie or fabricate, than Friend or no Friend, case would be closed.

sorry to sound hard core here, but i no doubt they were not dressed in proper attire.....they were in fla thinking hey it's hot down here, do you know how many people we see, stating oh i flew down here like this......yea right in the mid of winter, your flying in halter tops and shorts......sorry after thirteen years, they should have been dressed a little better than an agent and supervisor saying no way....your friend isn't telling you the whole truth...just because their bags got on the aircraft......no excuse not dressing according to the rules.....your friend needs to tell you the real truth.....i have my bags loaded many of times and showed up the next day, still looking nice......when your at the ticket counter....it is very hard to see over the counter what someone is wearing.....dress in your sunday best, and there will be no question....there has been times first was the only thing open.....glad i was dressed well, to sit up there.......i doubt if she would have changed or bought clothes in clt......she would tell the clt agent, rsw let me on like this.....

While reading this post and the replies, I was reminded of one of the reasons thought to be a contributing factor to the rise of air rage in a book titled Air Rage (don't recall the author).

One of the reasons the author gave for the marked increase in air rage is the way passengers are treated by indifferent, sometimes surly, employees. One reason (of several offered) for such an attitude on the part of airline employees is the reality that one of the most highly coveted benefits of airline employment -- non-rev and ID90 -- travel benefits have become almost meaningless with the clog the air transport infrastructure with pax paying bus fares (often less) and hope to cover the shortfall by gouging business travelers model of the cartel airlines.

Setting aside the issue of proper attire I will only say that Southwest treats me better as an other airline non-rev ($25.00 each way plus taxes) than I am sometimes treated as a paying pax by others. Even though I rarely use my non-rev/ID90/ID95/flat rate travel benefits (because it has truly become a virtually meaningless benefit for the reason noted in the preceding paragraph -- plus so many cheap fares to be found for a confirmed seat, at fares invariably the same or less than ID90 rates -- that is how convoluted pricing has become) I could have easily and inexpensively made elite status in 2000 and 2001 on actual miles flown as a paying customer on a full-service major had I chosen to play the miles-for-status game with less than 4k additional miles.

If the airline for whom I work were to treat me in the same manner as U seems to have treated one of its own, there is no way in .... that they would get one penny from me for a ticket home. My $$$ would go to anyone else who could get me there.

well realitycheck ther seem to be more than one mistake here frist of all the frist flt was full why was there bags loaded? now thay don't have there bags, the flt departs whit the bags and know pasg. now they come back the next day get seat on the flt and a gate agent won't let than on the plane, so than sent than back to th counter to buy a full fare 820.00 dollar tickect
if this is the way emps are working together now day i am glad i retired.

[P]Reality, could you please explain your signature line, 54 days and counting...? I think I've missed something.[/P]

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/12/2002 4:22:49 PM CLTBWIDAYSYR wrote:

Reality, could you please explain your signature line, "54 days and counting..."? I think I've missed something.[/P]
----------------
[/blockquote]
It concerns the balance of paid FMLA leave, merrily dwindling until it is used up.

I don't have any idea what the individuals were wearing, but at the end of the day they were fellow employees stuck away from home with no bags. In my opinion the res agent could have just noted that the dress was inapropriate let them know they were lucky to get on and then send them on their way. This should go double for paying pass. the only reason we are here is to move them from A to B and if we expect them to come back we need to treat them with respect and do all we can within reason to make them glad they chose U. I understand fully that rules are there for a reason and they should be followed, but my point is, there are always exceptions and people that somehow fell thru the cracks. these are the times that all employees should just make it work. We have all seen things done to passengers and others that are just ridiclulous. these are the things I refer to.

[P][BR][BR][BR]WELL AS AN EMPLOY ITS UP TO YOU TO KNW AND FOLLOW THE RULES OF NON-REVING IT A PRIV NOT TO BE ABUSED AS SO MANY NON-REVS DO ON A DAILY BASIS [BR][BR][SPAN class=BodyFont]WELL AS A CS AGENT IN CLT ITS AGENTS LIKE YOU THAT CAUSE PROBLEMS FO CLT AGENTS WITH NON-REVS AND CUSTOMERS WEN YOU DONT DO YOUR JOB AND JUST PUSH THE PROBLEM OFF TO THE HUBS LEARN YOUR JOB AND DO IT[IMG src=http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/10.gif][/SPAN][BR][BR][SPAN class=BodyFont][SPAN class=BodyFont]AS AN EMPLOY YOU SHOULD KNOW HOW TO DRESS AND ACT YOU DONT HAVE TO AFREE WITH IT BUT YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW IT[IMG src=http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/1.gif] [IMG src=http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/12.gif] [BR][/SPAN][/SPAN][BR][BR][SPAN class=BodyFont][SPAN class=BodyFont][SPAN class=BodyFont]I AGREE AND AS YOU MAY KNOW SO MANY EMPLOYEES DONT FOLLOW THE RULES THE SHOULD KNOW ABOUT AND PUSH THE PROBLEM OFF TO A HUB[IMG src=http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/1.gif][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/P]
[P][SPAN class=BodyFont][SPAN class=BodyFont][SPAN class=BodyFont][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN] [/P]
[P][SPAN class=BodyFont][SPAN class=BodyFont][SPAN class=BodyFont][ Please see your private messages][/SPAN][/SPAN][/SPAN][/P]