USAPA/ALPA thread of the week 5/31-6/6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stay on topic & observe board rules. No personal attacks or name calling. With that in mind new thread.
What's ALPA, why does it appear in the thread title? there is no ALPA here get rid of it please.

QUOTE (nostradamus @ May 30 2008, 11:06 PM)
The actions of the america west pilots show a lack of integrity. They did not complain about the election before hand. Each pilot group was allowed their own legal representation. This is legal and binding situation from the NLRB, National Labor Relations Board.

The Union vote met all of the above stated ideals, and was officially accepted by US Airways CEO Doug Parker.

After the results of the vote was issued, a group of disgruntled america west pilots formed the awappa with the sole intention of abolishing the vote and replacing it with their own union. awappa actions run counter to several elementary tenets: the definition of “bindingâ€￾ , the stated guidance of US Airways CEO Doug Parker, and the premise of fair-and-equitable.

Man up, integrity matters.

924ps: "To paraphrase your post:

The USAirways pilots did not complain about the negotiation-mediation-arbitration process, or arbitator Nicolau, until the award was rendered. This is a legal and binding decision administered following appropriate and mutually agreed to protocols.

The decision met the criteria set forth under ALPA Merger Policy and was officially accepted by Doug Parker when passed from ALPA.

After the results of the arbitration a disgruntled group of USAirways pilots formed USAPA with the sole intention of abolishing the Nicolau Award and replacing it with their own seniority list. The USAPA actions run counter to several elementary tenets, the definition of "binding", the stated guidance of CEO Parker, and the premise of fair and equitable."

It's "simply" amazing that anyone could so easilly miss the obvious, and there's no need to fret over paraphrasing in this case. Down to the "Man up, integrity matters" that was as clear a "toungue-in-check" simile to countless west postings of the past as I've seen. The "paraphrasing" is already taken care of;) in fact, your own response has the appearance of a cut-and-paste of at least one of those previous bits. No matter really: Rocks of all shapes and sizes, can be thrown to and fro indefinately...and not change the current reality one iota.

What's ALPA, why does it appear in the thread title? there is no ALPA here get rid of it please.

Hearing an expression of sentiments longing for ALPA is like listening to a wonderful story about spilt milk.

Hearing an expression of sentiments longing for ALPA is like listening to a wonderful story about spilt milk.

That's entirely insensitive sir!!...Sigh...I do sometimes just miss the warm, fuzzy and well-loved feelings I got from all those months of just the FUD avalanche alone. :lol: Sniffle..I miss Alpa...nowadays..everyone's supposed to actually think. ;)

I agree. It might be best to just use a generic "Pilot union thread of the week," at least until the dust begins to settle a bit. ALPA is likely gone for at least two years so it makes no sense to put it in the thread title.

It's "simply" amazing that anyone could so easilly miss the obvious, and there's no need to fret over paraphrasing in this case. Down to the "Man up, integrity matters" that was as clear a "toungue-in-check" simile to countless west postings of the past as I've seen.

For some (most of west coast commuting pilots did not vote the easy way out) pilots a convenient base to commute to was all they cared about. Now their cross country commute continues, "IF" they can get on the jump seat on west metal.

It is amazing to me how pilots who benefited from what was right, backed something that is wrong for their own personal gain.

Water under the bridge for most now, burnt bridge over the water for others.

For some (most of west coast commuting pilots did not vote the easy way out) pilots a convenient base to commute to was all they cared about. Now their cross country commute continues, "IF" they can get on the jump seat on west metal.

It is amazing to me how pilots who benefited from what was right, backed something that is wrong for their own personal gain.

Water under the bridge for most now, burnt bridge over the water for others.

Pretty much the case, imho. Side issue = Is the adolescent, BS ("This ewil eastie's just faw too wewwy diswacting for my tiny widdle, stwessed, but highwey pwo-fesh-shun-uhl bwain to handle") jumpseat crap still ongoing? Other than providing yet more pathetic behavioral displays, suitable only for generating the fullest contempt; such doesn't effect me directly, and I'll always offer properly professional courtesy to any other pilots on "my" plane, but..I'm curious as to whether anyone out there, that was doing such teenaged-level BS, has actually "gwown up" any of late.

The thread title stays as it is for now.

End of discussion.

Keep it on topic.

For your future reference, this kind of nonsense is what gets threads closed.....do we want to go there again?

The thread title stays as it is for now.

End of discussion.

For your future reference, this kind of nonsense is what gets threads closed.....do we want to go there again?

"Keep it on topic." How is Alpa, in ANY way, shape or form... "on topic"?..given that it no longer exists anywhere on these premises?.....Honest question sir. What, indeed IS the "topic" then?..If not for labor issues, of which Alpa plays NO/ZERO/ZIP part within hereabouts?

"For your future reference, this kind of nonsense is what gets threads closed.....do we want to go there again?" If it so suits you. The thread title's both misleading and erroneous..and that's only the plain truth.

"Keep it on topic." How is Alpa, in ANY way, shape or form... "on topic"?..given that it no longer exists anywhere on these premises?.....Honest question sir. What, indeed IS the "topic" then?..If not for labor issues, of which Alpa plays NO/ZERO/ZIP part within hereabouts?

"For your future reference, this kind of nonsense is what gets threads closed.....do we want to go there again?" If it so suits you. The thread title's both misleading and erroneous..and that's only the plain truth.

I agree. See ya in the cornfield, I guess.

I agree. See ya in the cornfield, I guess.

We'll yet live, in any case :lol:

Have a good one...Life's to be enjoyed. ;)

PS: I've just had immediate affirmation on both concepts by my "significant other"...who's long-been amazed, and sometimes "irritated" at "how much time you waste on that airline, chat board-BS" anyway ;)

We'll yet live, in any case :lol:

Have a good one...Life's to be enjoyed. ;)

PS: I've just had immediate affirmation on both concepts by my "significant other"...who's long-been amazed, and sometimes "irritated" at "how much time you waste on that airline, chat board-BS" anyway ;)

It's not a bad cornfield.

Richard,

You said...

"The thread title stays as it is for now.
End of discussion.
Keep it on topic.
For your future reference, this kind of nonsense is what gets threads closed.....do we want to go there again?"

This is my first post, so It's not like I've taken any side in these pilot labor discussions, but if this thread is supposed to be about the current state of pilot labor issues, "ALPA" has absolutely nothing to do with it. This thread may as well be called USAPA/ALPA/TEAMSTERS/NEA, etc.

The pilot union is USAPA. No others exist on this property.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back