Veterans Day Parade

Buck

Veteran
Contributor
Aug 20, 2002
www.fairtax.org
Did the TWU Local 514 really use a coffin as their tribute to our Veterans in the parade in Tulsa yesterday?

Buck said:
Did the TWU Local 514 really use a coffin as their tribute to our Veterans in the parade in Tulsa yesterday?
[post="200110"][/post]​

Yes this is TRUE, the o'le coffin and trailer were out in full view again.

Funny, they use it a protest prop against AMFA, and then use it to celebrate Veterans Day. Is it a "good" thing, or a "bad" thing?

Confused individuals would be an under statement.

As you are aware of, from the tomb stones depicting the loss/death of jobs incurred during AMFA's short tenure at the majors, the coffin sent the message it was designed for, death of our profession during AMFA's watch.

Nightwatch said:
As you are aware of, from the tomb stones depicting the loss/death of jobs incurred during AMFA's short tenure at the majors, the coffin sent the message it was designed for, death of our profession during AMFA's watch.
[post="200703"][/post]​

Was there a tombstone for MCI on that float? You know, depicting the loss/death of TWA employees jobs in Aircraft Maintenance at the hands of the TWU?

Funny, you bury your head in the sand when it is your own job, yet you will parade a coffin and trailer through the streets of Tulsa when someone else loses theirs.

At least those AMFA represented mechanics did not have to eat a "without further ratification" concession on top of job loss.

Some guy you are, it's common knowledge DELETED that you voted for those same concessions you now cry about.

Portion Deleted

Hey, want to share the sacrifice a bit, why not resign and save a real mechanic a slot.

You are a common liar, I have never voted yes on ANY TWU negotiated contract...EVER!

"dating the midget"? What exactly does that mean? I don't get it.

Fuel price doesn't have anything to do with your loss of seniority, nor the fact that the TWU moved the job security date backwards and screwed members out of jobs.

Those of us that have been with the TWU for many years watch one excuse after another for their inept representation. Yet, you buy into every excuse they present.

Tell us Nightwatch, what was the price of fuel and status of company profits during the 1995-2001 TWU negotiated 6 year - 6 1/2% payraise concession contract?

What would it take to get your head of the sand? A Backhoe?

Common liar? Is this where the name calling resumes? I believe you know what "dating the midget" refers to, care to explain your sudden loss of perception?

For the last 20 years you could have struck AA, you could have voted down the contracts you now cry about, did you, NO! Yet you yell at MCI and their struggle to remain viable. Kind of "one way" postings as many see it. We didn't lay blame to the IAM officials, we looked across the bench and saw the vote.

Nightwatch said:
Common liar? Is this where the name calling resumes? I believe you know what "dating the midget" refers to, care to explain your sudden loss of perception?

For the last 20 years you could have struck AA, you could have voted down the contracts you now cry about, did you, NO! Yet you yell at MCI and their struggle to remain viable. Kind of "one way" postings as many see it. We didn't lay blame to the IAM officials, we looked across the bench and saw the vote.
[post="200716"][/post]​

Strike AA? I dont think the TWU ever took negotiations to mediation more than once in that 20 year time frame, much less to even a 30 day cooling off or strike.

The TWU always uses fear and they side with the company to support ratification of givebacks.

NO, I still dont get the "dating the midget" remark. What is that?

You blame leadership, when it comes to AMFA, and membership when discussing the TWU, why is that?

I remember that secret e-mail mojo.

When the twu "saved" MCI last fall, of course with the disclaimer that the base is going down to 600 or 700(one of the two) jobs including the management staff, the price of fuel was around 81 cents a gallon. The price increases to $1.55 and you say that fuel is the reason behind the closure, I don't get it. There still hasn't been an update to the 2 superbays and a limited workforce so why the blaming of fuel when you knew what was going to happen a year in advance.

BTW... FUEL IS DOWN 25 CENTS A GALLON SINCE THE LAYOFF ANNOUNCEMENTS.

JETFUEL PRICES

Nightwatch said:
[post="200703"][/post]​

I thought you decided to leave the attacks and the differences of opinion in union representation behind you?

Now since you feel that you can answer for the TWU in everything they do, can you answer the question involving the coffin and the Veterans Day parade?

What is the purpose of TWU Local 514 using a coffin to pay tribute to our Veterans?

What is the purpose of TWU Local 514 using a coffin to pay tribute to our Veterans?

Why not ask them? Surely you're adept enough to have picked up on the fact I'm at MCIE,OK, perhaps I give you to much credit.

Nightwatch said:
Why not ask them? Surely you're adept enough to have picked up on the fact I'm at MCIE,OK, perhaps I give you to much credit.
[post="200785"][/post]​

Oh yeah, defend the TWU and other Local actions until asked a direct question, then send us packing to ask them.

You are without a doubt a professional TWU Supporter.

Nightwatch said:
[post="200785"][/post]​

You seem to have all the answers for how the rest of the TWU operates!

You bring your years of unionism experience from the IAM point of view, how are the members of the IAM doing in the airline industry?

Well NW, maybe you haven't realized yet that if you're not one of the amfaites here you are always wrong, on each and every issue, and common at that!

Why do we even bother, I think it would be fun to back out of here and watch them eat their own...HAHAHA!!!...but I won't. I like it when they report me...HAHAHA!..

Latest posts