View Changer --- The Story of Alliance

That's your excuse, you have to much time at AA to leave? Sounds like a cop out to me. I've seen guys with same seniority as you leave. What's so different between you and them?

What really boggles my mind is how you talk about how AA is "done" or if we're fortunate enough we will see AA go under. Yet you turn around and say you are stuck there.

Well that and as others have said there is a penalty for putting your name out there. Doubtful that those who were fortunate enough to get out had their name all over the internet calling for industry wide action against the industry. So the odds of an HR department of another carrier approving hiring me are pretty slim. So yes, if I stay in this industry I'm pretty much stuck here, you can call it a cop out, as you hide behind your alias, but I call it realistic. Why are you still here? If AA ends, more than likely so does my career in this industry. Charlie Bryan never got hired by another airline did he? But that does not change my opinion that over time the industry's mechanics as a whole would be better off if AA fails. I have no regrets for taking the position I have and I will deal with the results.

Reactions: 3 people
Sad but true, we all shop at Walmart, and get a hard-one when Wall Street rallies and our 401K has a good day. Don't you just love it when your favorite stock moves higher even if it means thousands more workers on the street ?
Excuse me! I refuse to step foot inside a Walmart. Speak for yourself if you choose to speak out of both sides of your mouth. True union member here.

Well that and as others have said there is a penalty for putting your name out there. Doubtful that those who were fortunate enough to get out had their name all over the internet calling for industry wide action against the industry. So the odds of an HR department of another carrier approving hiring me are pretty slim. So yes, if I stay in this industry I'm pretty much stuck here, you can call it a cop out, as you hide behind your alias, but I call it realistic. Why are you still here? If AA ends, more than likely so does my career in this industry. Charlie Bryan never got hired by another airline did he? But that does not change my opinion that over time the industry's mechanics as a whole would be better off if AA fails. I have no regrets for taking the position I have and I will deal with the results.
That's a fact Bob. Experienced it myself. Today's employers will research everything you ever said on any and all social media. Also, being older is a job killer in and of itself, no matter what the law says.
Take Care,
B) xUT

Reactions: 1 person
So yes, if I stay in this industry I'm pretty much stuck here, you can call it a cop out, as you hide behind your alias, but I call it realistic.

The old "My opinion is more legitamite than yours becasue I use my name" trick.

If you don't think an HR department at another carrier would approve hiring you then why are you asking SWA mechanics if they are opening up ISP and LGA and how they could hire you. A bit of a contradiction there. Another thing, there are other things you can do besides work for an airline. Or has that not crossed your mind?

Seems to me what you are saying is nothing more than a self fulfilling prophecy. If you think no airline will hire then that's exactly what will happen. The truth of the matter you're not stuck anywhere. You have only convinved yourself that you are and the second you stop thinking that the better off you will be. If not my only advice to you is to start hoping that AA does not go out of business. Then you will be in a world of hurt becasue you will be in a situation that you are ill prepared for.

If you don't think an HR department at another carrier would approve hiring you then why are you asking SWA mechanics if they are opening up ISP and LGA and how they could hire you. A bit of a contradiction there. Another thing, there are other things you can do besides work for an airline. Or has that not crossed your mind?

Seems to me what you are saying is nothing more than a self fulfilling prophecy. If you think no airline will hire then that's exactly what will happen. The truth of the matter you're not stuck anywhere. You have only convinved yourself that you are and the second you stop thinking that the better off you will be. If not my only advice to you is to start hoping that AA does not go out of business. Then you will be in a world of hurt becasue you will be in a situation that you are ill prepared for.

Never bashed WN, and if they put maint in ISP I would give it a shot, even be willing to work nights again.

If AA went out of business my A&P career with a major carrier would probably be over, but not my life, nor my ability to troubleshoot and repair machines. On any given day I see several "Mechanic Wanted" signs, whether in a gas station, on the back of busses and trucks or in the newspaper. The MTA just keeps hiring mechanics from AA. I probably would not be interested because of the commute but the worse Aa makes things for us the easier they are making it to leave.

After 2003 we (the wife and I) decided not to be dependent on AA. We gave up paying AA for inferior Health benefits this year. She became an RN, just picked up another job, per diem, at a rate thats even higher than what WN pays, she makes more after 2 years than I do after 30, we will get by, so will everyone else.

Sad but true, we all shop at Walmart, and get a hard-one when Wall Street rallies and our 401K has a good day. Don't you just love it when your favorite stock moves higher even if it means thousands more workers on the street ?

I beg to differ. Some of us refuse to shop at WalMart.

Good for you, but why are you still here?

Do I need your permission Bob? If you must know I've always wondered why people stay at a company they hate so much to the point they wish for it's demise. Are you one of those people who just enjoys being miserable?