View Changer --- The Story of Alliance

I never said that Labor should agree to be restrained by unjust laws. If workers did that we never would have gotten anywhere. SHUT IT DOWN is something that labor has to be willing to do, they cant put us all in jail and besides they need us to do the work.
agree that labor shouldn't be restrained by unjust laws... but you must find people who are willing to shut it down and the vast majority of people do not have reason to believe that is the only or best solution whether at AA or not.
That is just the uncomfortable reality... there will always be people in every situation in life who reach "I've had enough and can't take any more" before others.... that is human nature. Opposition leaders in any movement have to be capable of convincing those who aren't as certain of the next steps to take action....
Tough day watching friends and coworkers leave afw for the last time
Does that mean you are at TAESL which is staying, right?

Reactions: 1 person
sure did... but would it make you feel better if I didn't express remorse for what is happening at Alliance or anywhere else at AA?

Did you feel bad for MCI when they kept laying 500 at a time, until all 4000 of us where gone!
I don't know anyone who didn't feel bad. It is never pleasant to see anyone lose their job. MCI did everything they were asked to do and more and they got shut down. This kind of thing makes you dislike your company.

I don't know anyone who didn't feel bad. It is never pleasant to see anyone lose their job. MCI did everything they were asked to do and more and they got shut down. This kind of thing makes you dislike your company.

Crandall said this is a "nasty, rotten business". As the fictional Hyman Roth said "This is the business we've chosen". Layoffs, closures, those have always been a part of this business, we knew that when we went into it. Where we went wrong was thinking that if we worked for nothing we could change the nature of the beast. So, wheras years ago we would move, or take the layoffs till we had enough seniority where we didnt get laid off anymore and find a fill in job till we were recalled, and could do so if we managed what was a good wage while working, now we reenter the job market with much less savings and probably wont come back even if they do recall us.

Back in 2003 we pushed for a NO vote. We asked Butch if we could go out to KCI and share our perspective with them. He said yes, but when we got there Gordon Clark went nuts. He said "If we dont ratify this deal they said they will close this base" So I asked "Did they say they wouldnt close it if you voted YES" He didnt reply, just went nuts about us being there. I tried to explain that by rolling back system protection they were exposing more TWA workers to a layoff. A TWA worker was protected in the sense that the company would have had to stop the RIF at the first guy with an "S". They kept MCI jumping through hoops as they slowly closed it anyway.

Back in the 90s when we had the big layoff as the supervisor was giving out the pink slips and guys were rolling their toolboxes out the door, I was going around with the overtime list for those that were left. This is the kind of thing that makes you sick. I would love to tell you that everyone turned down the overtime but that would be a lie.

Back in the 90s when we had the big layoff as the supervisor was giving out the pink slips and guys were rolling their toolboxes out the door, I was going around with the overtime list for those that were left. This is the kind of thing that makes you sick. I would love to tell you that everyone turned down the overtime but that would be a lie.

I'm not surprised I saw guys laughing at guys rolling their tool boxes out. One of the biggest reasons I have a beef with Tulsa mechs, they get ch 28,29 and 38 for starters when they work for me.

I'm not surprised I saw guys laughing at guys rolling their tool boxes out. One of the biggest reasons I have a beef with Tulsa mechs, they get ch 28,29 and 38 for starters when they work for me.

dont wory they voted the contract in, tulsa's time is coming. wait till the md80's,757,and 767's go away. if their are 1500 people left in tulsa ill be suprised.

dont wory they voted the contract in, tulsa's time is coming. wait till the md80's,757,and 767's go away. if their are 1500 people left in tulsa ill be suprised.

Tulsa has about two years left after the merger thanks to the agreement little made with usair.

Oh there was no laughing at all. If anyone would have laughed their toolbox would have been missing. I even set one guy up with a room with family when he bumped to where I am from. Anybody that could help someone did. I did not ever see anyone being laughed at or anything like that. I see someone getting laid off and I see a whole family that is impacted. Most see that also. But I for one would not treat anyone badly because they used their bumping rights and ended up on my crew. That's just unfair.

Excuse me! I refuse to step foot inside a Walmart. Speak for yourself if you choose to speak out of both sides of your mouth. True union member here.
I avoid Walmart also. I make my wife shop at Albertsons because they do have people that are paid decent wages.