View Changer --- The Story of Alliance

Oh there was no laughing at all. If anyone would have laughed their toolbox would have been missing. I even set one guy up with a room with family when he bumped to where I am from. Anybody that could help someone did. I did not ever see anyone being laughed at or anything like that. I see someone getting laid off and I see a whole family that is impacted. Most see that also. But I for one would not treat anyone badly because they used their bumping rights and ended up on my crew. That's just unfair.

I saw it with my own eyes back in 93 so don't say it didn't happen.

When your new to a station you usually get the undesirable jobs so expect the worst hope for the best

I saw it with my own eyes back in 93 so don't say it didn't happen.

When your new to a station you usually get the undesirable jobs so expect the worst hope for the best
Ok I'll keep that in mind when the AFW guys come here. Regardless of what you want to think, there are many here that are not TWU stooges. 26% of Tulsa voted no and if you look at the numbers that is a lot of people, so don't paint us all with the same brush. I'd like to know where you saw that kind of stuff happen in 93. I was in hangar 1 at the time and I assure you it did not happen there. But if you want to believe we are all like that here then fine. I for one will try to make anybody who has to come here feel welcome. I will also ask them to update their AMFA card.

Reactions: 2 people
You know, all this talk about roll aways going out the door, and all,----- is nothing but B.S.! I didn't see any tears shad when MCIE was closed! In fact some were pushing AA management to do just that!----- Tell me I'm wrong! Now that things are on the other foot, things are different?---- Yea! Right!

You know, all this talk about roll aways going out the door, and all,----- is nothing but B.S.! I didn't see any tears shad when MCIE was closed! In fact some were pushing AA management to do just that!----- Tell me I'm wrong! Now that things are on the other foot, things are different?---- Yea! Right!

To be blunt, it was hard to feel sorry for the base that provided the margin for Victory that ruined all our careers regardless of location. Never pushed for AA to do it, but admittedly didn't shed a tear when they did.

To be blunt, it was hard to feel sorry for the base that provided the margin for Victory that ruined all our careers regardless of location. Never pushed for AA to do it, but admittedly didn't shed a tear when they did.

Ouch!!!

Yes Bob I was from MCI and yes you did suggest cost cutting and you suggested MCI being closed due to them haveing to fairy flights up there which I called you out on and corrected you. Not attacking you but could not belive at the time any local officers helping this chicken $$$hit company out in any way. Your suggenstions worked they did close us.

Yes Bob I was from MCI and yes you did suggest cost cutting and you suggested MCI being closed due to them haveing to fairy flights up there which I called you out on and corrected you. Not attacking you but could not belive at the time any local officers helping this chicken $$$hit company out in any way. Your suggenstions worked they did close us.

Lets face it mci afw and tul don't make sense to have overhaul at. Overhaul should be at their main hub behind dfw and maybe ord. Ferrying airplanes is a waste of money and yes ferrying to hong king doesn't make sense for any airline

Bob, sometimes I tend to forget that you are still TWU through and though! Sure you disagree on how to get from point "A" to point "B" with them, but your still riding the same Bus!!! When the 2003 T/A came along, our membership not only just got screw over by the IAM, but was getting screwed by the Union that was "supposed to" be looking out for our best interests, and the Company to boot! ------ Hey, us Kansas / Missouri farmers may be a little nieve at times, but when the Union your paying dues to, and the Company, are out to exterminate you, what did you expect from us? And maybe if you would have gotten more No votes out of TUL, that contract may have been turned down! So don;t try and put that guilt trip on us any longer, because you and your TWU can go shimy up a flag pole!

Reactions: 1 person
Lets face it mci afw and tul don't make sense to have overhaul at. Overhaul should be at their main hub behind dfw and maybe ord. Ferrying airplanes is a waste of money and yes ferrying to hong king doesn't make sense for any airline
66-----Let's face it! After AA took over TWA, MCIE was no longer doing overhaul, although we were quit capable of doing so! And that, was seen as a threat to both AFW, and TUL. MCI had to go and they got the job done now didn't they?

Bob, sometimes I tend to forget that you are still TWU through and though! Sure you disagree on how to get from point "A" to point "B" with them, but your still riding the same Bus!!! When the 2003 T/A came along, our membership not only just got screw over by the IAM, but was getting screwed by the Union that was "supposed to" be looking out for our best interests, and the Company to boot! ------ Hey, us Kansas / Missouri farmers may be a little nieve at times, but when the Union your paying dues to, and the Company, are out to exterminate you, what did you expect from us? And maybe if you would have gotten more No votes out of TUL, that contract may have been turned down! So don;t try and put that guilt trip on us any longer, because you and your TWU can go shimy up a flag pole!

Why the hell did your group refuse to sign the AMFA cards then?
Your group not only would not sign, but was also used by the NMB, TWU, and AA, to prevent the election.

You are just like the TWU stooges here in Tulsa. Complain about getting screwed, and refuse to do nothing about it. And then blame someone else for the horrible outcome of every situation.

Reactions: 3 people
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the C-checks in Tulsa fly in and out on a revenue flight? Except for when they may be out of time.

Reactions: 1 person
Dont recall that, do recall saying that they ferry flights to TUL and how I could see the company putting their OH in DFW if they could get a good deal from the airport. (a
A 777 slotted into a flight thats normally flown by an MD80 is really more of a ferry than a revenue trip) Please fwd where I suggest that they close MCI

From what I hear from the ex TWA guys up here they too were fed up with MCI and the way they rolled over for every concession as long as they took the line guys down with them. So its not a TWA vs AA thing, its not an OH vs Line thing, its whether we fight like Union men or roll over every time the company makes a threat.

By the way I spoke in favor of system protection for TWA and voted in favor of it, but your boys from MCI did not support GEO pay.

IIRC 2003 passed by around 70 votes and MCI provided around 1200 yes votes. There were enough NO votes out of Tulsa but not enough to overcome the overwhelming YES vote out of MCI. The company laid out the same threat to Tulsa and AFW that they did to MCI but neither of them folded to the extent that MCI did. So MCI voted to screw themselves instead of fight. Your former TWA coworkers on the line can't spend months basking in the Caribbean, in fact many cant ever retire thanks to you guys. You keep talking about how you were screwed by the AA guys but forget how you screwed your own for years before AA ever showed up.

Who led the drive for the YES vote in MCI, and where did he end up?

So do I feel bad for the guys at AFW more so than MCI? Yes, but not because they were AA, its because AFW always was willing to fight.