Votes: 9 10.7%
  • AMFA

Votes: 51 60.7%
  • Teamsters

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • No Union

Votes: 14 16.7%

• Total voters
Sounds like the TWU is a weee bit concerned.

Hey 1AA, didn't the TWU do this last time AMFA had a drive?? And, if I remember correctly, there was a few that were blacklisted and put in bad standing. Don't fall for the BS guys. They will find out how the majority of the membership votes when the time comes. Another reason they are doing this (IMO) is to use the list during the protest of AMFA having enough and correct number of eligible voters. It's all a scam gentlemen, BEWARE!

Reactions: 1 person
Hey 1AA, didn't the TWU do this last time AMFA had a drive?? And, if I remember correctly, there was a few that were blacklisted and put in bad standing. Don't fall for the BS guys. They will find out how the majority of the membership votes when the time comes. Another reason they are doing this (IMO) is to use the list during the protest of AMFA having enough and correct number of eligible voters. It's all a scam gentlemen, BEWARE!

Yes they did. They sent out shop stewards at the AMFA info meetings in Tulsa and threatened them. They would walk up to you and say I will remember your face and point there finger at you. They took photos of guys walking into the meetings. They threatened guys by turning them into management and have them fired by lying to them with unfounded reasons or cause. The coffin being paraded around was the best one. It went on and on. That was then in the late 80's drive well into the drives of the 90's. That brings back memories. Thanks.

Reactions: 1 person
I will never vote for AMFA ! Not after the Northwest debacle. Otherwise I really don't care.

Really?? How bout the TWU debacle since 1980's. How bout the IAM debacles at TWA and recently UAL?? How bout the teamsters debacle at Frontier, AiTran and fired from SWA in a record 2 week card drive??? Not knocking you for your freedom to vote as you wish, but if that is your only reason, C'mon!! You have got to be kidding. As a reminder, the NWA/AMFA membership said; "if they want 53% of us gone, then were all gone"
Watch the red tail movie and you will agree with them. AMFA did not force the NWA members to strike, they did it on their own after the membership overwhelmingly voted to do so. Once again, my hat off to the men and women mechanics at NWA/AMFA for standing for the class and craft in the industry. I have one question for you, would you have been able to do what these men and women did at NWA?---May god bless them all...

Reactions: 3 people
Just Another BK, on 18 February 2013 - 12:43 PM, said:

I will never vote for AMFA ! Not after the Northwest debacle. Otherwise I really don't care.

Really?? How bout the TWU debacle since 1980's. How bout the IAM debacles at TWA and recently UAL?? How bout the teamsters debacle at Frontier, AiTran and fired from SWA in a record 2 week card drive??? Not knocking you for your freedom to vote as you wish, but if that is your only reason, C'mon!! You have got to be kidding. As a reminder, the NWA/AMFA membership said; "if they want 53% of us gone, then were all gone"
Watch the red tail movie and you will agree with them. AMFA did not force the NWA members to strike, they did it on their own after the membership overwhelmingly voted to do so. Once again, my hat off to the men and women mechanics at NWA/AMFA for standing for the class and craft in the industry. I have one question for you, would you have been able to do what these men and women did at NWA?---May god bless them all...

Still, nearly 11 years after the fact and you still have not even recovered the much devalued hourly rate you were making in the Summer of 2002.
Bob looks like your giving 700 a history lesson. I gave him a math and finance lessons on the US blog's.He keeps this up he will be a Full Blown Scholar. :blink:

It took two bankruptcies, and three rounds of concessions including a cba abrogation, unlike AA who wasnt in chapter 11 in 2003 and you rolled over for the company.

Just like in 1983 when your union agreed to the first B-Scale.

Our CBA which is just an improved after the merger is still better than your AA CBA.

Travis, call your UPS buddy who delivers packages and thank him for dragging the AMT down, your ibt hp cba was a pos.

No doubt we have done a horrible job as far as maintaining standards for the profession, thats why I got involved in the first place, I was content being a mechanic, the degredation to our pay and working conditions is what motivated me to get involved, wasnt looking for an escape, looking to make my professsion better. You left out that we rolled over when the company had nearly $5 billion in cash and the largest order for new airplanes in place, just saying that since 2002 the IAM at US, and thats pretty much the only large carrier where the IAM still represents mechanics, really has not done a good job either. The company has been stroking you guys for an extra two years now and you still have not asked for a release. Why? Each passing day is another day your members are losing money and another day they are suffering under BK imposed concessions that even Non-Union Delta gave back. When is the Fighting IAM going to start fighting? Its going on 11 years!!

If you guys had struck some sort of deal right after UAL last year, or at least started pounding the drum for release, AA would not have had US to use as a comparator in BK.

By the way there were 7 A&P mechanics in our "negotiations", six voted against the deal, the one A&P who voted to bring it back was ex-IAM TWA from STL. Our structure is rigged, with 591 they are trying to make it even worse-it makes A&P mechanics the minority by far by eliminating 4 A&Ps from the committee.

No doubt we have done a horrible job as far as maintaining standards for the profession, thats why I got involved in the first place, I was content being a mechanic, the degredation to our pay and working conditions is what motivated me to get involved, wasnt looking for an escape, looking to make my professsion better. You left out that we rolled over when the company had nearly $5 billion in cash and the largest order for new airplanes in place, just saying that since 2002 the IAM at US, and thats pretty much the only large carrier where the IAM still represents mechanics, really has not done a good job either. The company has been stroking you guys for an extra two years now and you still have not asked for a release. Why? Each passing day is another day your members are losing money and another day they are suffering under BK imposed concessions that even Non-Union Delta gave back. When is the Fighting IAM going to start fighting? Its going on 11 years!!

If you guys had struck some sort of deal right after UAL last year, or at least started pounding the drum for release, AA would not have had US to use as a comparator in BK.

By the way there were 7 A&P mechanics in our "negotiations", six voted against the deal, the one A&P who voted to bring it back was ex-IAM TWA from STL. Our structure is rigged, with 591 they are trying to make it even worse-it makes A&P mechanics the minority by far by eliminating 4 A&Ps from the committee.

Oh but our Int'l "V" boys are A&P's, but really aren't even qualified to change their own oil.
The only thing they have been under is a desk.

Funny what the Int'l carrot will do to your moral and professional values.
That is if they had them to begin with.

Our CBA which is just an improved after the merger is still better than your AA CBA.

Travis, call your UPS buddy who delivers packages and thank him for dragging the AMT down, your ibt hp cba was a pos.
Did you skip class? or is your retention that bad.That IBT UPS buddy back in 1998 and Ended in 2003 gave us a contract that had higher pay for AMT's than the start of your 2005 CBA and no telling what the pay scale would be if they had been voted in at the merger. Look at this 8 year old IAM BK contract that we are using for a transition agreement and you say the IBT was dragging the AMT down! When you go to the IAM meetings DON'T DRINK THE KOOL-AID it may be doing something to you. :wacko: