Wal Mart Sues Brain Damaged Woman

There is no doubt that on a purely legal level, Wal Mart is right, but shoudln't there be a "social responsibility" among corporations? Especially to those who dedicated a part of their lives to working for the corporation... A Japanese corporation would never do something like this to their employees. Greed amongst those at the top of our larger corporations are going to be the downfall of America in the years to come.

There is no doubt that on a purely legal level, Wal Mart is right, but shoudln't there be a "social responsibility" among corporations? Especially to those who dedicated a part of their lives to working for the corporation... A Japanese corporation would never do something like this to their employees. Greed amongst those at the top of our larger corporations are going to be the downfall of America in the years to come.

I feel quite bad for the woman, but I wonder if it is more socially responsible to screw the one woman who doesn't have any legal right to that money, or to screw the thousands of walmart employees who have a right to keep that money in their healthcare pot for their future needs.

I propose that if the employees who have a right to keep that money in the fund want to actually help this woman, then they start a collection/donation for her.

Walmart Backs Down

"Occasionally, others help us step back and look at a situation in a different way. This is one of those times," Wal-Mart Executive Vice President Pat Curran said in a letter. "We have all been moved by Ms. Shank's extraordinary situation."

Interesting that they weren't moved during the three years while they were suing the Shanks, only in the last two weeks since the media exposed their actions.

Anyway, it's good news. :up:

Back