WalMart, an example of you get what you pay for......

Status
Not open for further replies.
[P]Reality, you have some issues, if you are an employee just quit, or if you are a consumer dont fly on them. You sound like a bitter jilted lover.[/P]
[P] [/P]
[P]Some retailers dont accept them because there is not local branch in their city.[/P]

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/13/2002 11:53:56 PM hobbes wrote:

Hey, RC...

You get what you pay for? Aaaah, that one's open for debate. The milk, toilet paper, and potato chips at WalMart are the exact same brand as at Tom Thumb, they're just cheaper.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Ah, but isn't convienence worth something? Isn't running out at the last possible minute to get some bread worth a premium?

This whole thread just goes to show, once again, how much RealityCheck really needs to actually get one. I have had my debit card not work at an ATM that was on the STAR system, but worked minutes later at a US Airways FCU ATM. I have had many friends who have had debit cards declined with plenty in the account. Most often, this occurs when USAFCU has an issue. Just a couple of weeks ago, a friend had a card declined. This was at bar in Charlotte often frequented by US Airways employees. The manager said it was the third or fourth card in a row from USAFCU they had an issue with. AMEX worked fine.

As for your experience, I can only say, the computer probably has no idea this is a US Airways Credit Union. It is just an account number that links to a network such as STAR or HONOR, and gets processed. If the institution holding the account is not connected for one reason or another, it declines. No wonder you are so ill tempered all the time on this forum. Your first thing is to blast someone else, without even stopping to take a look at the whole picture. Lord help this company if this is the attitude our customers get when they call to fork over some of their hard earned money to us.

RC,
No tissues needed. Some people you reason with, others live in their own bubble. I have relatives with your mindset, thats why I don't attend family reunions.

Hey, RC...

It's somewhat funny that you posted this. I was actually at WalMart Superstore about two hours ago, and had the exact same thing happen. Twice I got the Authorization Declined notice from the lovely little card machine. Finally, on the third try, it took it. Don't know why. Strange, huh? But you're right...it is a little embarassing.

But also keep this in mind...the card I was using was Southwest Airlines Federal Credit Union. I'm not making this up.

You get what you pay for? Aaaah, that one's open for debate. The milk, toilet paper, and potato chips at WalMart are the exact same brand as at Tom Thumb, they're just cheaper. Regardless of how you feel about it, WalMart is one of the most consistently successful companies in America. Their business plan works, and it works well. And we all know what happens to those companies whose business plans don't work well.

Funny how some of those low-life scum of the earth companies (WalMart & Southwest) have helped my portfolio in the last 12 years. Even when you consider the stock market losses of the past few years, I still come out a BIG winner. How has their competition done?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/14/2002 12:31:08 AM resconcerns wrote:

RC,
No tissues needed. Some people you reason with, others live in their own bubble. I have relatives with your mindset, thats why I don't attend family reunions.
----------------
[/blockquote]
And I know/have known people with yours, and along with jumping to conclusions and jumping out of your skin,and zero proficiency in debating an issue, they are either on prozac or in therapy. So sad.
But I'd prefer my state of opinion, thanks very much, as it is a mindset encompassed by most others that are considered as the average Joe..

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/14/2002 12:12:10 AM N628AU wrote:

Lord help this company if this is the attitude our customers get when they call to fork over some of their hard earned money to us.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Someone remind me to resurrect this post next time a group of pilots or FA's decide to start a CHAOS mission. Then we shall see who rightfully can preach about throwing money down a drain.

Ouch!!.. time out, I just got clobbered by a stack of my complimentary CS letters.

Sorry Charley......

If network trouble was the culprit(I have never experienced a single solitary one in thousands of transactions over 20 years unless it was a POSTED total downage for everyone), the clerk should have mentioned from her experience that this might be the reason. She did not. As I have said, you get what you pay for.
End of my discussion.

[BR][BR]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR][BR]----------------[BR]On 10/13/2002 10:16:30 PM RealityCheck wrote[BR][BR]----------------[BR][BR][BR]I will get back to you MONDAY with the findings of my research.[BR][BR][BR][BR][BR][FONT size=1]-----------[/FONT][BR][BR][FONT size=1]Good luck finding anyone in the Credit Union on Monday.
BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR]

[BR][BR]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 10/13/2002 11:56:54 PM Busdrvr wrote:[BR][BR]Hey KCFlyer,[BR][BR]$5 says you drive a 97 Ford Taurus![BR][BR]----------------[BR][BR]Actually, one of the cars is a 98 Taurus. Pay up[/BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR]

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 10/13/2002 11:16:06 PM RealityCheck wrote:
[P][/P] I said because of the type crowd who does(you can check the demographics and statistics, but eyesight is all you need), and the ensuing chaos and disorder and ugliness that exists in these stores,
[P][/P]
[P]---------------[/P]
[P]Hmmm, the demographic at the Walmart I shop in has a clientel who has an average household income of about $80,000, drives a later model SUV, and owns their own home. [/P]
[P]So though they may do well profit wise, they cater to a lower class lower income and most especially, immigrant customer base.[/P]
[P]ANd you still don't get it...their money spends just as well as Daddy Warbucks. You don't want it, someone else does. Perhaps that's why your airline is showing a loss. [/P][/BLOCKQUOTE]

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 10/14/2002 3:24:09 AM LGA Fleet Service wrote:
[P][BR][BR][BR]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR][BR]----------------[BR]On 10/13/2002 10:16:30 PM RealityCheck wrote[BR][BR]----------------[BR][BR][BR]I will get back to you MONDAY with the findings of my research.[BR][BR][BR][BR][BR][FONT size=1]-----------[/FONT][BR][BR][FONT size=1]Good luck finding anyone in the Credit Union on Monday.[/FONT][/BLOCKQUOTE][BR][BR]
[P][/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][FONT size=6]You are correct,some folks did not have COL. DAY stolen out from under them.Make that Tuesday![/FONT][/P]

[blockquote]
----------------
On 10/14/2002 7:15:04 AM KCFlyer wrote:

[BLOCKQUOTE]
----------------
On 10/13/2002 11:56:54 PM Busdrvr wrote:

Hey KCFlyer,

$5 says you drive a 97 Ford Taurus!

----------------

Actually, one of the cars is a 98 Taurus. Pay up[/BLOCKQUOTE]

----------------
[/blockquote]